Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123689 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3480 on: April 12, 2013, 12:59:57 pm »

I correct my last statement to "we need more admins, on all times."

Yep.

For banning, sorting out stuff, and making sure newbies (non-griefer ones) are welcome.
I'd be happy to admin for GMT when my exams are over... It's not like I'll have anything better to do for 3 or so months. :P

Why not moderators? I guess I could mod from June (likewise, exams in May, Biology and Chemistry ahoy), I'm GMT+1.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: April 12, 2013, 01:09:31 pm »

Yeah, but you're kinda new to this server... I think it would be best if you played here for a little longer. No offesne intended.
Who's this toward? If me, eh, fair enough. Don't have all that time since the holidays but hey, school does that.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: April 12, 2013, 01:10:27 pm »

Yeah, but you're kinda new to this server... I think it would be best if you played here for a little longer. No offesne intended.
Who's this toward? If me, eh, fair enough. Don't have all that time since the holidays but hey, school does that.
It was towards Tht, you've played here fairly long, Spag.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: April 12, 2013, 01:18:25 pm »

I officially hate the griefer double as much as anyone, except perhaps Hanslanda (because the guy did not RP). HE RUINED MY TRAITOR CHAPLAIN ROUND. If he shows up while I'm online, well, let's say my chaplain's name and a null rod or a glass shard will be involved.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: April 12, 2013, 01:34:28 pm »

We've had no dx28 that I've seen today but when I was on earlier people were getting griefed by someone else. It might be that the guy (or, more likely, child) behind DX has read the thread and switched usernames.

Tht - what do you mean by "punish IC for OOC"? I can't seem to think of a situation when I reckon that would help, but I might be misunderstanding what you mean - can you give some examples

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: April 12, 2013, 01:44:36 pm »

edit: nevermind.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:30:29 pm by andrea »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: April 12, 2013, 03:11:34 pm »

Never said "ic for ooc"-

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: April 12, 2013, 03:39:30 pm »

Out of curiosity, has DX said anything to anyone about his actions?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: April 12, 2013, 03:42:06 pm »

I'll check in on the other griefer, I already have a character name so I'll do a little bit of snooping around and alert other admins. Oh, and regarding admins being on. We may need more admins, seeing as really only three are being super active at the moment. But I highly suggest we put in more of a screening process, since basically how both I and the other admins got to be admins was by saying "Hey, I want to be an admin." Now that we seem to be attracting griefers, this is kind of a step above what we were before. Personally, we're going to need very good admins who promote the medium-roleplay we want this server to have.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: April 12, 2013, 04:08:31 pm »

So how would one apply for adminhood? Because after what just happened with Velas, I'd like to at least be able to disable OOC when people start yelling at each other and escalating things.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: April 12, 2013, 04:15:28 pm »

Personally, we're going to need very good admins who promote the medium-roleplay we want this server to have.
Medium-roleplay? Well there goes the chances of my application. Haha.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: April 12, 2013, 04:16:30 pm »

-story-
My part:

Start the round as a janitor, get my shit, yadda yadda. I went to respond to the report of the chaplain in the cargo office after he tried to break into the AI upload. While there, Zackary offers me drugs. I accept and follow him into the warehouse... PARPAEN TO THE FACE. He takes off my headset and drags me to disposal and puts me on the belt. The AI had locked down the room I'd guess. After hopping between airlocks, I'd guess those being locked too, he takes me to the illicit wing. Right before he closes the outer door, I stand up but can't move for some reason. I punch him twice, knocking him down, and kick him five times before he gets up and stuns me with stungloves.

He hauls me to the hydroponics room of the illicit wing and takes out a mini-hoe and starts raking MY FACE. I get up, push him down, take it, and return the favor. Then there's a drawn-out battle between us involving mostly pushing each other up and down the hallway while shoving and punching each other. He finally retreats to the hydroponics room and I leave the illicit wing for the cargo bay. I get there and scream into the intercom "DEAR GOD HELP ME!" "ZACKARY TRIED TO KILL ME!"

I get on my janicart and go to the fitness room to heal up. Next thing I know, Zackary has been arrested. We go to the brig and he proceeds to torture me from inside his cell with all sorts of threats about more assassins and whatnot. Then the shuttle's called. More mindgames, before he's hauled out and taken to the escape wing. On the way there, Hector runs up behind us and yells "Guys!!" Probably about the alien drone who just murdered someone. When we get there, said drone hits Zackary in the head and puts him into critical. The HoS hoses it down with laser fire and runs off for whatever reason. I could've dragged Zackary to wherever and killed him on the spot, but I didn't.

As you said, I tried to trap you in the airlocks when the shuttle was about to leave. After the shuttle left, I tried to push you out the door but Hector swapped places with you constantly. Since Hector is a bro, I didn't want to push him out to kill you... So close :P

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: April 12, 2013, 04:17:58 pm »

how would the screening process work? maybe a test period with limited powers?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: April 12, 2013, 04:58:10 pm »

Here is how it should not work, to be utterly blunt;

Don't be a circle jerk.
Don't promote based on who kisses your ass.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: April 12, 2013, 05:16:13 pm »

That's nice.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 1654