Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123701 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3465 on: April 12, 2013, 10:42:54 am »

I think that blowing up toxins is a rite of passage for most people. Doing it once by accident isn't worthy of a job ban, or nobody would be able to do it.

My first time in toxins, I blew it (and myself) up twice, in the same round!

The first time, I didn't realize that having a tank 3/4 full of plasma, then filling it the rest of the way with super heated (mostly) c02 was a bad idea.  I was watching the pressure on the tank go up and up, and thought to myself, "Wow, i thought these only held 1013 kpa".  I guess there was a fire in the tank. A couple seconds later, there was a white flash, and I was dead.  I was cloned later, at which point I headed back to toxins.
The second time, I used a safer level of plasma, and got a proper bomb constructed. I slapped a timer on it, loaded it into the launcher, started the timer, hit the button and watched through the camera... to see it never launched.  Somehow, the little shutter didn't open, so it was still sitting in the test launcher. BOOM.  The RD, Khan, didn't want to clone me again I guess, and tossed my body into space. 

So yeah, I think to learn toxins, you must first blow up toxins.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: April 12, 2013, 10:43:57 am »

Having a plasma tank that is heating itself and setting fire to the area around it is the right way to really, really good bombs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: April 12, 2013, 10:56:40 am »

Remind me that I'm never going to give death and cyborgification ever anymore.

I sat there for a good half hour for the sole reason that my borg may finally get to be used, and then the guy that was charged starts complaining about not wanting to be a borg. Yay, that was FUCKING FUN.

Elec mutes OOC.
Elec leaves and leaves OOC muted.
*facepalm*
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:14:16 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: April 12, 2013, 11:20:49 am »

Well, my slimewomaning failed. It made me invisible, a much better outcome :D
A decent enough side-effect. :P
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: April 12, 2013, 11:30:16 am »

It's not really that hard to convert any music you want to the SS13 violin, all you need is some basic music savvyness and some time. The letters are notes, the numbers before / are occidentals (which, incidentally, no pun intended, are the biggest pain in the ass to get right) and the numbers after / are for note lengths. Though you probably want to find a nice, secluded place to try and port songs, because otherwise, you might get lynched before you can finish it.

I know nothing about musical notation. Everyone else around me got music lessons of some sort, not me.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: April 12, 2013, 11:34:35 am »

I think that blowing up toxins is a rite of passage for most people. Doing it once by accident isn't worthy of a job ban, or nobody would be able to do it.

My first time in toxins, I blew it (and myself) up twice, in the same round!

The first time, I didn't realize that having a tank 3/4 full of plasma, then filling it the rest of the way with super heated (mostly) c02 was a bad idea.  I was watching the pressure on the tank go up and up, and thought to myself, "Wow, i thought these only held 1013 kpa".  I guess there was a fire in the tank. A couple seconds later, there was a white flash, and I was dead.  I was cloned later, at which point I headed back to toxins.
The second time, I used a safer level of plasma, and got a proper bomb constructed. I slapped a timer on it, loaded it into the launcher, started the timer, hit the button and watched through the camera... to see it never launched.  Somehow, the little shutter didn't open, so it was still sitting in the test launcher. BOOM.  The RD, Khan, didn't want to clone me again I guess, and tossed my body into space. 

So yeah, I think to learn toxins, you must first blow up toxins.
Actually I was a traitor that round, and I had welded a wall just in front of the shutter.  So it both opened, launched the bomb, and then held it directly in front of the window beside your face.  So you did everything perfectly, I had just sabotaged the launch mechanism from the outside.
Nom nom nom

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: April 12, 2013, 11:49:32 am »

Woah. Damn.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: April 12, 2013, 11:52:07 am »

Hahahah, that's pretty funny. But you were cult that round, I'm pretty sure. I was a little confused why you didn't convert me. After you guys cloned me the first time, you sedated me (I think) and pulled me into a small room with a bunch of runes.  I woke up, ran around like an idiot, then ran away.  But since I had literally just woken up from cloning, I decided I shouldn't to too certain of what actually happened, IC.  Still, I never got a clean SE, so I had a stutter the rest of the round, until I blew up.

I'm glad to know why the shutter didn't work that time, that makes more sense.  That's a pretty funny way to kill someone.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: April 12, 2013, 12:03:11 pm »

OK, we got a one-man raid going on here.

Admins aren't on, best we can do is kill him until one DOES come on.

This. I've got a couple screenshots, with the player list and all that, but I can't seem to upload them. I have my suspicions, but I'll reserve them for PMs.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: April 12, 2013, 12:07:45 pm »

You're right I was cult, but I was also glitched so I couldn't use cult powers reliably or see who else was cult or apparently convert people.  I was cult in everything but.... well cultiness after I got glitched
Nom nom nom

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: April 12, 2013, 12:19:50 pm »

The US crowd seems pretty rude overall, with really aggressiv ooc harresing going on and rampant griefer(s?) around, its silly...

I correct my last statement to "we need more admins, on all times."

Hanslanda: try imgur.com

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: April 12, 2013, 12:28:35 pm »

Yep.

For banning, sorting out stuff, and making sure newbies (non-griefer ones) are welcome.
I'd be happy to admin for GMT when my exams are over... It's not like I'll have anything better to do for 3 or so months. :P

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: April 12, 2013, 12:39:32 pm »

Yep.

For banning, sorting out stuff, and making sure newbies (non-griefer ones) are welcome.
I'd be happy to admin for GMT when my exams are over... It's not like I'll have anything better to do for 3 or so months. :P
Once my exams are over, I got longer.
I feel sorry for you. I'm gonna get bored enough with that much, I don't really want any more.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: April 12, 2013, 12:44:21 pm »

Well I already have a lot of admin expierence in the game, so I got that going for me, but I don't know if people like it if I actually punish them for ic in ooc.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: April 12, 2013, 12:55:57 pm »

Yeah, but you're kinda new to this server... I think it would be best if you played here for a little longer. No offesne intended.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 1654