Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121817 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3180 on: April 08, 2013, 10:17:40 pm »

Love these kinda games heavy on the roleplay, and would very much like to get involved but looks intimidating as all hell xD will go through a bunch of tutorials and resources online on playing the game before I play

Once you grasp the basics, it's just learning individual jobs. I recommend starting as a cargo tech. It's a low stress job, where you're actually doing something, and you can get a handle on how to play. (Also, people hate assistants))

I second the cargo tech position. You're pretty much an assistant to the Quartermaster, but you get maintenance access. Not to mention there's tons of neat stuff you can learn which'll come in handy pretty much at any time, like hacking, without being too important like an engineer.
Also often called Boowells.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: April 08, 2013, 10:24:12 pm »

The reason I suggest Janitor is simply because Assistants are boring as hell, and Botany, while not having much responsibility on the ship, has a massive amount of responsibility to their plants. (And plants can be damned needy.)
Everybody yells at janitors, even when you put down signs, which is why I recommended a botanist. Security could not care any less if you decide to grow lots of that good old Ambrosia Vulgaris. THOSE COLORS MAN!
That said, janitors get a pimp ass cart.

On a side note; people who play security, have you ever arrested someone for growing A.V. before?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: April 08, 2013, 10:26:15 pm »

I've never been arrested for it. Got warned about it once, but kept growing it anyway. Even emptied a couple bags onto the escape shuttle without an issue.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: April 08, 2013, 10:27:01 pm »

On a side note; people who play security, have you ever arrested someone for growing A.V. before?

Unless it's not the botanist then you'd have no reason to arrest them, since it's part of their job after all. Now if they were giving out that A.V. to the other crewmembers, then that would definitively be illegal.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: April 08, 2013, 10:29:07 pm »

Unless it's not the botanist then you'd have no reason to arrest them, since it's part of their job after all. Now if they were giving out that A.V. to the other crewmembers, then that would definitively be illegal.
And if the botanist was ingesting prodigious amounts, would that be illegal?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: April 08, 2013, 10:34:32 pm »

And if the botanist was ingesting prodigious amounts, would that be illegal?

More dangerous than illegal, but if it starts to affect other people negatively then I'd definitively put some kind of sanctions or something. Space Law isn't very clear on that point, and the botanist has his/her own character he/she wants to develop so arresting them for some drug use would just be silly. Or something along those lines. I'm still not 100% clear on that point, though I'm definitively leaning towards turning a blind eye to the minor stuff.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: April 08, 2013, 10:38:54 pm »

Does anyone know what happens when multiple leaves are ingested in short succession? Like, say, 10 leaves in 30 seconds?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: April 08, 2013, 10:47:49 pm »

Balls would be tripped, most likely.

Bikari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: April 08, 2013, 10:49:19 pm »

Hrm, alrighty then O: will get everything ready and start poking games as a simple cargo tech, master the way of the crate and move on to something else for fun and frolicking. See what tomfoolery and shenanigans go on aboard a dwarven station.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: April 08, 2013, 10:52:52 pm »

And remember that you will fuck something up the first time you do a job. And every time after that. We all do. The station is held together by the space carp, who try all they can to push against the outside of the station to make sure it all stays together.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: April 08, 2013, 10:54:21 pm »

Welp. Axl Blyant was HoS traitor, so the station was doomed from the start. I did quite enjoy that scene in the bridge though, where I was cuffed to the chair. Oh, and Jacob, I was trying to push you into the electrified door when I unbuckled myself.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: April 08, 2013, 11:11:27 pm »

Yes, but how many, and what color polka dots would be on those balls?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: April 08, 2013, 11:15:40 pm »

Mindbreaker is still better. I wish botanists had some way to brew their own Mindbreaker. Also, Ambrosia Vulgaris slowly kills you.
Also often called Boowells.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: April 08, 2013, 11:18:59 pm »

Mindbreaker is still better. I wish botanists had some way to brew their own Mindbreaker. Also, Ambrosia Vulgaris slowly kills you.
How slowly?

Bikari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: April 08, 2013, 11:20:06 pm »

Day 1, the Mules gained sentience through no fault of my own. Unrelated: Captain says I am no longer allowed to play with heavy machinery.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1654