Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121418 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3150 on: April 08, 2013, 09:59:24 am »

After thinking about it for a while, I like the admins.
Yeah. The admins are chill and fun people who can make fun rounds.

Personally, I hate cult because its the only round type I don't know what to do in. IF I end up cult with some cursed luck (selection on NO), I just try to cause distractions and hide the stuff around the station after cult-saying my word(s).
Do you know how cult words work? Basically, at the start of the game, there are ten words that are preset. Words like "ire," "nahlizet," "certum," and "ego." There are ten words in English to match them, like "hell," "technology," "destroy," and "travel." The game randomly matches two words and each of the four starting cultists starts with knowledge of one word, and you will always start with the words for the "convert" rune ("join," "blood," "self"). Like rev, you get a symbol on their icon that identifies your brothers.

You start with a couple objectives that everyone in the cult knows. Usually, you need to sacrifice some high-ranking officer (especially the captain) and/or summon Nar-Sie. Any converts will automatically receive these objectives when they join the cult, too.

You discover new words by drawing runes. Since the words in English are always the same, you can find the words in the unknown dialect by drawing a rune and using it. If you know two of the three words, you can go down the list to find the third one. As more words are discovered, your hell-raising arsenal is buffed more and more. The best place to research is off-station, usually by putting on a space suit and throwing yourself out the door and floating until you hit the white ship. I can expand upon this later, but I hope it helps.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 08, 2013, 10:03:37 am »

Actually a better method for researching (i think) is to draw two of the same rune and see if they are the same colour, since there are some runes that will damage you on use. Also don't forget you can remove runes with the tome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 08, 2013, 10:47:09 am »

The white ship has air. Parts of derelict have air.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 08, 2013, 10:54:58 am »

If you have a large oxygen tank filled to max and configured properly, what does air matter? Some rounds I forget to turn internals off after activating the emitters, and yet still never run out of air.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 08, 2013, 10:57:48 am »

Along with the pirate radio, which is where I go if cult. There's an extra space suit there, and once you turn on the comms relay, you can listen in on what's happening in the station.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 08, 2013, 12:55:04 pm »

This was also my fault, since the RD (or the miner, I honestly don't remember) suggested we put on the suits and run to the secondary mining station but I wanted to stand and fight.
Yeah, that was me as the RD.
I had tonnes of fantastic ideas for subtly subverting the entire station, but of course, I didn't get a chance for any of that.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 08, 2013, 01:41:19 pm »

can you actiate runesandleave themthat way?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: April 08, 2013, 02:28:39 pm »

This was also my fault, since the RD (or the miner, I honestly don't remember) suggested we put on the suits and run to the secondary mining station but I wanted to stand and fight.
Yeah, that was me as the RD.
I had tonnes of fantastic ideas for subtly subverting the entire station, but of course, I didn't get a chance for any of that.
Stealthy antagging for the win!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 08, 2013, 03:02:55 pm »

Along with the pirate radio, which is where I go if cult. There's an extra space suit there, and once you turn on the comms relay, you can listen in on what's happening in the station.

Pirate is on the same z-level as derelict

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 08, 2013, 03:06:10 pm »

About 15 tiles up from the top of the derelict and then to the left. Just use lattices.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 08, 2013, 03:32:20 pm »

About 15 tiles up from the top of the derelict and then to the left. Just use lattices.

If you experiment you can figure out exactly how to get there with a drift and one throw of any object. Let people find out for themselves.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 08, 2013, 03:50:16 pm »

Oh, and a tip for venturing into Spess: Oxygen Jetpack is cool, yes. Because it's a huge air supply. But it sucks for actual jetpackerry. On the other hand, there is a tool often overlooked, which is your best spess buddy: good ol' Fire Extinguisher. You can fit as many you want in your backpack, turn safety off and enjoy your cheap new jetpack.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: April 08, 2013, 03:56:41 pm »

Oh, and a tip for venturing into Spess: Oxygen Jetpack is cool, yes. Because it's a huge air supply. But it sucks for actual jetpackerry. On the other hand, there is a tool often overlooked, which is your best spess buddy: good ol' Fire Extinguisher. You can fit as many you want in your backpack, turn safety off and enjoy your cheap new jetpack.

IMO, hand tele is the best jetpack. Creating a portal stops you as if you were near actual turf. Then you can just walk the way you want to go. Also can be used for teleporting, which is quite handy. There was one time where I got parapenned and spaced, but they didn't empty my pockets. I hit the derelict and tele'd back, much to the surprise of my opponent.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 08, 2013, 04:05:07 pm »

Useful tip: you can fit oxygen tanks (maybe even emergency ones) to oxygen canisters and fill them up extra. I think you can even do this with jetpacks. Not that you generally need to do this, of course, since an oxygen tank should last nearly forever on its own, but if you know you're going to be using it for, say, 4 hours straight, it might be beneficial to keeping you alive.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 08, 2013, 04:07:45 pm »

If it holds air and can be held in your hand, it can be filled with a canister. Useful.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 1654