Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120515 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2895 on: April 03, 2013, 08:26:40 pm »

Not all of us are Axls or Lunas, so use flashbangs.
Flashbangs are a godsend. When Oswald was tied up in the bar, I took down the massive horde of revs by activating one, dropping it, and running out the door until I heard BANG

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: April 03, 2013, 08:28:12 pm »

Being robust is not simply being able to click things, being robust is a state of mind. One cannot be robust unless they understand the principles of being robust. Once you achieve robustness, you will be in a state of zen as you fight back your foes with increased vigor. Any security officer can stun a man, but it takes REAL robustness to be able to march into a crowd of enemies, and incapacitate them in a few seconds time.
A truly robust individual would notice that he has the only mask on and breach the hull and escape from a pissed off crew that way. Robustness does not just apply when you are on the offensive. Also, Axl needs to write 'Axl (Blyant?)'s Art of Robustness'.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: April 03, 2013, 08:28:57 pm »

As chemist, I'll usually make a few CHS grenades, for both myself, and any Sec officers who ask.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: April 03, 2013, 08:33:59 pm »

If three people is a crowd then I qualify for robustness. The usual security team is understaffed but most of the time they know what they're doing (hopefully). The key to security is not robustness but restraint. What's the point in having a brig when you're just going to beat the prisoner to near death?
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: April 03, 2013, 08:41:27 pm »

Being robust is not simply being able to click things, being robust is a state of mind. One cannot be robust unless they understand the principles of being robust. Once you achieve robustness, you will be in a state of zen as you fight back your foes with increased vigor. Any security officer can stun a man, but it takes REAL robustness to be able to march into a crowd of enemies, and incapacitate them in a few seconds time.
A truly robust individual would notice that he has the only mask on and breach the hull and escape from a pissed off crew that way. Robustness does not just apply when you are on the offensive. Also, Axl needs to write 'Axl (Blyant?)'s Art of Robustness'.
When (if) we get a database, I should do that. Make it a parody of the Art of War :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: April 03, 2013, 08:44:48 pm »

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles, because you're Motherf@#$%ing Axl Bylant"

Something like that?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: April 03, 2013, 09:11:07 pm »

I would buy it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: April 03, 2013, 09:19:52 pm »

I thought of an... interesting idea for something to add to the game.

Allergies. Preferably food allergies.

It would be an interesting way to change the game up. Force the chef to cook a little more diverse food (and give an extra option for cunning murderers to kill their marks).

Any thoughts?
Nothing important here, move along.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: April 03, 2013, 09:38:55 pm »

I thought of an... interesting idea for something to add to the game.

Allergies. Preferably food allergies.

It would be an interesting way to change the game up. Force the chef to cook a little more diverse food (and give an extra option for cunning murderers to kill their marks).

Any thoughts?
I have a food allergy in real life and I think this is an awesome idea, gives the chef a bit of a challenge and responsibility. It would kinda be like the janitor where if you don't do everything right people will come after you. Also if you eat a food containing "unsafe" ingredients to your allergy you should get sick.

Food allergies I thought of:
-Gluten Intolerance (Flour, bread, doughnuts and what not) (This is what I have irl)
-Lactose Intolerance (milk, dairy products)
-Egg Intolerance?
-Protein Intolerance?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: April 03, 2013, 09:50:28 pm »

There's more than just intolerances. Most allergies to nuts can cause anaphylactic shock, and I'd imagine that there are a lot of other foods that can cause just as dangerous of a reaction.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: April 03, 2013, 09:54:59 pm »

Maybe as a bi-product of mutations, but I don't really like there being a chance to have it at round start. I don't think it'd really add anything worthwhile to the game.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2906 on: April 03, 2013, 10:01:40 pm »

I have to back into this game, what with all the free time I have. Security is one of my favorite jobs, because it's so easy, and yet oh so violent.

I thought of an interesting game mode during my hiatus: Kind of a cross between The Hunger Games and the Lottery. The game starts as normal, but the AI should be given some extra defenses to make the game more interesting. In short, the AI goes rogue and chooses one random crew member (Preferably someone unassuming, with limited access to the ship, like the janitor or a cook) and gives them the Winning Ticket. The Winning Ticket is a small, unassuming but easily identifiable item that the AI will demand as a price to leave the station. Once a certain amount of time has passed, or once certain conditions have been met, only the person who presents the Winning Ticket will be allowed off of the ship.

The AI informs the crew of their predicament, but doesn't inform them of who got the Winning Ticket. It's up to the Winner to keep his prize a secret, hide it, or defend it from others if it comes to that. It's up to the others to find out who has it and take it from him. With the AI playing havoc on the station, folks should be plenty willing to do whatever it takes to get out alive. There can, after all, only be one Winner.

Naturally, the situation will start out optimistic, but slowly crumble into a suspicious and backstabbing chaos as everyone struggles to be the last one alive. There are other options, sure, but as anyone who's fought against a rogue AI knows, it's not easy even under favorable circumstances. The AI should be willing and able to take extreme, self-destructive measures to prevent the crew from overpowering it. I don't know if it's possible for the AI to detonate the escape pods and escape shuttle access, but that'd be a good start if the crew starts getting too close to the core.

Amping the paranoia up a notch, the Winner should be able to use any of the pods or even the escape shuttle itself to get away. It shouldn't be a game of waiting for the Winner to show up in Escape Shuttle Access and take the Winning Ticket from him.

No idea if it'd actually work or not, but it sounds like it'd be a fun round.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: April 03, 2013, 10:39:09 pm »

Competition over the ticket would hardly even be a thing. It would probably be easy enough in most people's minds to just find a way to board one of the pods or the shuttle without it.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: April 03, 2013, 10:54:50 pm »

Plus, even though the A.I. chambers are a bit OP right now, they are only over powered because people are too lazy to do it the slow and smart way. One person can destroy the A.I. by breaking just a few walls and cutting a few wires. It's chamber would have to be VERY HEAVILY fortified, otherwise it would just be another round of A.I. malf.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: April 03, 2013, 10:56:41 pm »

Plus, even though the A.I. chambers are a bit OP right now, they are only over powered because people are too lazy to do it the slow and smart way. One person can destroy the A.I. by breaking just a few walls and cutting a few wires. It's chamber would have to be VERY HEAVILY fortified, otherwise it would just be another round of A.I. malf.

Move it onto an asteroid. Ringed with turrets and flooded with plasma/N2O. Then, the AI core is encased in like four-think Reinforced walls. Difficulty enhanced significantly.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 1654