Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121076 times)

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2760 on: April 01, 2013, 01:31:20 pm »

Github pull errors
Lets keep dev stuff like this on the github/google code page, just use the issues tab to report stuff. Those have been fixed, in the mean time.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: April 01, 2013, 01:36:08 pm »

Github pull errors
Lets keep dev stuff like this on the github/google code page, just use the issues tab to report stuff. Those have been fixed, in the mean time.

Can do.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: April 01, 2013, 01:47:56 pm »

Miners need more live aliens. TG needs more eggs that hatch on their own and huggers that jump.

This. A 'SURPRISE TRAITORS, ALIUM ROUND NAOW!' would be awesome, especially if the Miner was like, "Hey, I found something ne- *that wierdy noise 'huggers make*" Then ten minutes later, he's in Medbay. "Doc, I want you to check me over, just in case. No, I'm good? Cool, I'm going back to the Mining outpost."

Then he bursts in Cargo or on the Mining outpost, giving the Alium some time to set up, so that no one can insta-gank them, but also they're in a low population area, and they can't grab a shitpile of people real fast. This would make for a good alien round, with the alien v human population pretty balanced. Or at least I think so.
Problem: huggers tear masks, masks are required to breath. Wouldn't the host just die instantly?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: April 01, 2013, 01:53:06 pm »

Miners need more live aliens. TG needs more eggs that hatch on their own and huggers that jump.

This. A 'SURPRISE TRAITORS, ALIUM ROUND NAOW!' would be awesome, especially if the Miner was like, "Hey, I found something ne- *that wierdy noise 'huggers make*" Then ten minutes later, he's in Medbay. "Doc, I want you to check me over, just in case. No, I'm good? Cool, I'm going back to the Mining outpost."

Then he bursts in Cargo or on the Mining outpost, giving the Alium some time to set up, so that no one can insta-gank them, but also they're in a low population area, and they can't grab a shitpile of people real fast. This would make for a good alien round, with the alien v human population pretty balanced. Or at least I think so.
Problem: huggers tear masks, masks are required to breath. Wouldn't the host just die instantly?

Instantly? It takes a bit of time to die even without O2. They just need to be moderately infectious in a short period of time. Tear them off you. Put mask back on.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:55:26 pm by BigD145 »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: April 01, 2013, 02:00:48 pm »

Actually, IIRC huggers work as internals. Fluff-wise, too.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: April 01, 2013, 02:34:54 pm »

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 02:36:52 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: April 01, 2013, 02:37:11 pm »

Yeah. Fluff-wise, facehuggers feed their host oxygen to prevent death. That also lets them strangle the host should someone attempt an early removal. Where they get said oxygen in void is a mystery.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: April 01, 2013, 02:37:56 pm »

They probably photosynthesize it much like chem dispensers do. Mayby they are some sort of solar panels.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: April 01, 2013, 02:39:40 pm »

Yeah. Fluff-wise, facehuggers feed their host oxygen to prevent death. That also lets them strangle the host should someone attempt an early removal. Where they get said oxygen in void is a mystery.

Metabolic oxygen, they burn food to CO2, recycle coal from the compund, leaving oxygen to feed to host. Kinda like plants except heterotrophic. </wildguess>
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: April 01, 2013, 02:51:53 pm »

A trial is being held of a Syndicate Operative, and the Space Ninja is somehow the judge. Gotta love SS13.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: April 01, 2013, 03:01:47 pm »

A trial is being held of a Syndicate Operative, and the Space Ninja is somehow the judge. Gotta love SS13.
How did the Ninja get trusted like that?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: April 01, 2013, 03:03:16 pm »

A trial is being held of a Syndicate Operative

OBJECTION! MY CLIENT HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN GUILTY OF SYNDICATE COOPERATION!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: April 01, 2013, 03:16:42 pm »

Saved the captain from a blob, bribed the QM and befriended the CMO.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: April 01, 2013, 03:23:13 pm »

Saved the captain from a blob, bribed the QM and befriended the CMO.
Well done, ninjaman.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: April 01, 2013, 03:35:27 pm »

Also, me, the syndicate operative scientist, helped the ninja out by researching enough for him so he could complete his objective :P

He also kinda saved me from the AI when I was in primary tool storage by opening that door and helped me steal the jetpack.

He was a double-agent I guess. I was pretty oblivious to most of the station's activity most of the round.

E: Also, always try to borg people instead of death penalty. It's more fun for the person that did it that way, and the roboticist will always be happy to actually have his borg USED.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:52:12 pm by miauw62 »

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1654