Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121231 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2745 on: April 01, 2013, 10:48:54 am »

Ah, alright. I just found it a little suspicious because there was one guy that didn't talk at all and so. Sorry for thinking that you did it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: April 01, 2013, 10:52:47 am »

Any anti-carp sanctions are all fair in my mind. I hate carp and gravity with a PASSION
Gravity sucks. But most station jobs would fare badly without it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: April 01, 2013, 10:54:31 am »

Any anti-carp sanctions are all fair in my mind. I hate carp and gravity with a PASSION
Gravity sucks. But most station jobs would fare badly without it.
If gravity didn't suck it wouldn't be gravity at all, after all.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: April 01, 2013, 11:16:51 am »

If everyone hates carp so much, maybe something should be done about them.  If they couldn't knock you down they wouldn't be nearly as bad.  As it stands now, being fully armored and using an awesome weapon, you can still get knocked down and killed by one carp. 

Gravity events wouldn't be bad at all if you weren't down for like 90 seconds afterward.  Really, why can't you just fall down for like 5 seconds if you were moving, and not fall down at all if you weren't?  Because the actual no-gravity part of it isn't bad at all, it's kinda funny floating around the hallways.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: April 01, 2013, 11:32:44 am »

If everyone hates carp so much, maybe something should be done about them.  If they couldn't knock you down they wouldn't be nearly as bad.  As it stands now, being fully armored and using an awesome weapon, you can still get knocked down and killed by one carp. 

We could do something about carp if everyone was armed with laser guns.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: April 01, 2013, 11:36:41 am »

The amount of times I can remember people using suit sensors to help people dicked over by the game is.... once.

I generally try to help people if I'm in job where its viable. But I never have access to suit sensors so I can't check if people need help.

Also, I always have fun as a shaft miner, what is wrong with you people? Go searching for sealed chambers, or heck, go on a spess adventure for bannanium. Just scream over the radio that if anybody is ever going to need anything they better say so now. Or hang out in the illicit wing and trade rare metals for cool stuff. Or go on strike and seal mining off until the station concedes to your demands. Or breaks in and smashes your face and tells you to get back to work, slave. You have to make your own fun. If you're bored, actually try to RP instead of just mindlessly doing your job and then complaining its not fun.

Not that I'd complain if mining got more stuff to play with.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: April 01, 2013, 11:41:11 am »

Shaft miner gets a huge open space to build in (south of the west part of the outpost), and metric tons of metal (and slightly less sand/glass) available for free without any station interference or trespassing. All you have to do is get some of everything asked for, drop it off in cargo, go back, and build whatever you want on the asteroid afterwards.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: April 01, 2013, 11:42:41 am »

Miners need more live aliens. TG needs more eggs that hatch on their own and huggers that jump.

Shaft miner gets a huge open space to build in (south of the west part of the outpost), and metric tons of metal (and slightly less sand/glass) available for free without any station interference or trespassing. All you have to do is get some of everything asked for, drop it off in cargo, go back, and build whatever you want on the asteroid afterwards.
What they don't have is much atmosphere.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: April 01, 2013, 11:50:29 am »

Thats really only a problem because we can't build a pipe dispenser and no one is going to give the shaft miner the precious one in atmos. If you have a long enough round and connect to the main outpost in some way, eventually the air might balance out between the main and the expansion wing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: April 01, 2013, 12:32:21 pm »

If you plan ahead, pipes (not disposals) can be carried with ease.

Github pull errors
Code: [Select]
code\game\gamemodes\objective.dm:288:error: /obj/item/weapon/item/storage/belt/champion: undefined type path
code\game\gamemodes\objective.dm:291:error: /obj/item/weapon/circuitboard/teleport: undefined type path

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: April 01, 2013, 12:38:37 pm »

Miners need more live aliens. TG needs more eggs that hatch on their own and huggers that jump.

This. A 'SURPRISE TRAITORS, ALIUM ROUND NAOW!' would be awesome, especially if the Miner was like, "Hey, I found something ne- *that wierdy noise 'huggers make*" Then ten minutes later, he's in Medbay. "Doc, I want you to check me over, just in case. No, I'm good? Cool, I'm going back to the Mining outpost."

Then he bursts in Cargo or on the Mining outpost, giving the Alium some time to set up, so that no one can insta-gank them, but also they're in a low population area, and they can't grab a shitpile of people real fast. This would make for a good alien round, with the alien v human population pretty balanced. Or at least I think so.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: April 01, 2013, 12:46:13 pm »

Can aliens use consoles?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: April 01, 2013, 12:48:16 pm »

Can aliens use consoles?
Nope. You can wait for someone or space yourself and hope you hit the station, though.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: April 01, 2013, 12:59:16 pm »

Can aliens use consoles?
Nope. You can wait for someone or space yourself and hope you hit the station, though.

Not only that, but eventually the humans will have to come deal with you. Unless the heads are boring mofos and just quarantine you. -.- Blech.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: April 01, 2013, 01:14:54 pm »

TIP: NEVER EVER DRINK A LOT OF MANLY DORF. Seriously, I cannot play right now because my character is SO GODDAMN DRUNK the screen is shaking so much I get motion sickness.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 1654