Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121419 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2700 on: March 31, 2013, 08:10:03 pm »

Scumbag round. Weren't we going to attempt that at one point? Just wondering because I would love to do at least one of those.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: March 31, 2013, 08:18:36 pm »

I'll do it once the newest revision is tested. I just want to fix all the minor issues before I upload my revisions and pull it.
Consider adding pipes to QM's office.

What's wrong with the pipes?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: March 31, 2013, 08:20:10 pm »

I'll do it once the newest revision is tested. I just want to fix all the minor issues before I upload my revisions and pull it.
Consider adding pipes to QM's office.

There is no air circulation there. I know, it's horrible. It's fairly common to get meteorite strikes there.

Sorry about that long round. It was the first time I turned antag stuff on and my target was just nowhere. Or all over where I wasn't. Then I forgot to turn the safety off.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:26:49 pm by BigD145 »

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: March 31, 2013, 08:32:06 pm »

There is no air circulation there. I know, it's horrible. It's fairly common to get meteorite strikes there.

It's such a small area, just bolt open one or more of it's doors.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: March 31, 2013, 08:50:30 pm »

It's such a small area, just bolt open one or more of it's doors.

The various security outposts are also about as small. They have vents. This last round the engineers never did get back into cargo to fix the lack of air and/or pressure in two of the four main rooms. Calls were made for repairs. What sucks is that the equipment in the arrivals lounge/laundry room are not charged up and ready for service. There are four fans and four scrubbers. Anyone gets to grab one and get nothing out of it.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: March 31, 2013, 09:15:30 pm »

So I have an idea. Probably gonna lose most of you immediately, but here's my suggestion.

We set aside a weekend for a multi-day round, or however long we can pull it off. Superextended essentially, but with the added bonus of all of us actually being able to create full characters, friendships, rivalries, and so on. The jail might get a population, investigations and crimes (more on this later) would be hella fun (as usual, but with the added bonus of more time to gain fame/infamy among the crew), people would get crazy research done and shit would get built so hard. If someone dies early on, then have them spawn back in wit a new name if possible, and job unless they want to be the replacement. Anything that's not capable of being ordered that needs to be replaced should something, like meteors, happen, we could roleplay the whole process of getting it ordered and setting it up, then adminspawning it in the proper location.

So once everyone gets into the flow and things get settled, admins could give a person or two "traitor" objectives for petty theft, vandalism, and other base crimes to mix things up. Once that happens, knowing SS13, things will escalate. Hopefully we can keep from jumping from basic theft to mass murder, but you can't have everything.

Oh, and another bit: when you log off, you could actually claim a bed and get yourself to "sleep". Finally, a use for beds other than restraint!

Sure, there's a lot to work out, but I'm sure we could handle it. Like downtime. There are periods when nobody is on. Is it possible for an admin to save the state of the station and return it to how it was at a later time? That way we won't get boned by random events when nobody is around to counter them. Anyway, if it's at all possible to pull this off, I think it'd be neat to discuss. And if it is possible, it's not like it'll hurt the server for too long if people don't like it. Two or three (if you start on a Friday) days for a test run would be alright, and if people like it, we could go monthly.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: March 31, 2013, 09:26:12 pm »

I don't think we could stretch it out for that long. Firstly, most people don't like the idea of spending a long time just doing their jobs and essentially doing nothing. It would also require a lot of setup and admin intervention, and we'd pretty much have to sit around and make sure no one does anything wrong. From personal experience, I don't see it working. Long-term RP events are very hard to setup from an admin a position, and even harder to regulate and make sure things go smoothly. I expect something like that would go fine for the first couple of hours, but fall apart once everyone gets bored. It's a great idea in concept, but I've been involved with events like that run in multiple other games. None of them have worked out, and trust me I've been involved with plenty of RP communities.

Now, can I see a predesignated weekend type deal working? Yes, but only if we offer a variety of different planned rounds. If we just decide to all get together and play at a certain times throughout the weekend, that might work better.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: March 31, 2013, 09:38:05 pm »

Now, can I see a predesignated weekend type deal working? Yes, but only if we offer a variety of different planned rounds. If we just decide to all get together and play at a certain times throughout the weekend, that might work better.

Can this include Scumbag round by any chance?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: March 31, 2013, 09:39:53 pm »

If you guys work out the details, and present a thought out game plan to us then I don't see why we wouldn't do it. I can then present it to the other admins and see if anyone else would be on board. This goes for any ideas, but keep in mind this isn't really definite. I have no idea what other admins opinions are about these events, and I'm somewhat doubting if we'll be able to get a large population all on at one time.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: March 31, 2013, 09:43:23 pm »

If you guys work out the details, and present a thought out game plan to us then I don't see why we wouldn't do it. I can then present it to the other admins and see if anyone else would be on board. This goes for any ideas, but keep in mind this isn't really definite. I have no idea what other admins opinions are about these events, and I'm somewhat doubting if we'll be able to get a large population all on at one time.

If we get at least 15 people on at once, we could probably get a good scumbag round going. The rest of the station might be pretty empty, but who really cares about that?

I'm pretty sure that I've already outlined my ideas on Scumbag Round, so... any thoughts people?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: March 31, 2013, 09:45:37 pm »

It depends on what you mean by large. Large for this server, or generally large. I know at one point the other day we had 29 people on at once, which is quite large for this server.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: March 31, 2013, 09:46:23 pm »

Not everyone can be a traitor, because then people just start spawning traitor items and going nuts, which isn't cool. The focus needs to be 'on-the-down-low' scummy RP, backstabbing and such, not on outright combat. It needs to be about people trying to utilize the criminal network for their own ends, and some of the people in the network need to be in it because they just have a bad habit and got caught up. Like. Real criminal networks are. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: March 31, 2013, 09:47:48 pm »

Eh, we could just use the traitor panel to give them objectives but no uplink in that case.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: March 31, 2013, 09:49:24 pm »

Eh, we could just use the traitor panel to give them objectives but no uplink in that case.

This would be good. Like I said last time, people need objectives like, "You are highly addicted to Ambrosia Deus/Space Drugs and you need it desperately." or "You really need to acquire high value security items for sale, without arousing suspicion." Kinda, stuff like that, that will lead to people trying to con other people into stealing the stuff FOR them, so they'll give the other person their fix.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: March 31, 2013, 10:12:54 pm »

This would be good. Like I said last time, people need objectives like, "You are highly addicted to Ambrosia Deus/Space Drugs and you need it desperately." or "You really need to acquire high value security items for sale, without arousing suspicion." Kinda, stuff like that, that will lead to people trying to con other people into stealing the stuff FOR them, so they'll give the other person their fix.

Hence why I'm saying that we need to get this background stuff out of the way before the round, so that we can set up some interesting conflicts/whatever. Plus some generic scummy backgrounds whoever just shows up out of the blue, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 1654