Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122705 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2295 on: March 27, 2013, 12:47:30 am »

Cargo techs can get relegated to miner pretty quickly if the station needs things. The HoP is right across the hall. If the cargo tech keeps their cargo access they can just bounce as things get busy. It would be a decent way to train newbies in controls and paying attention to their internals. Also gives cults option.

We had a couple problems with cults today. I think the biggest is people not knowing what to do. If you admins stop doing cult nobody will learn it. Heck, let's do a cult day. Everyone is in and everyone learns the basics. Let's see how much of known space we can discover and plaster in the blood of every animal on station.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:49:57 am by BigD145 »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: March 27, 2013, 12:51:58 am »

Spoiler: Illicit Wing Preview (click to show/hide)

Hmm, does it actually need atmospherics? It would be pretty weird to see an atmospheric alarm in Ghetto Surgery on the Bridge alert computer.

I like it, but do you have to bust through a reinforced wall to get to it? Also, I feel like it's an awesome addition to the station. It gives Security a place to go all 'riot gear' on, and would be great for some awesome RP events. "Hey man, I can give you a new skinjob for two silver coins or some objects of appropriate value. Like, say, a full toolkit with multitool or some insulated gloves. For one coin, I can get you a week's supply of booze and ambrosia, and for some lethal shotgun shells... Well, I can do a lot for you, for some lethal shotgun shells."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: March 27, 2013, 12:54:30 am »

Cargo techs can get relegated to miner pretty quickly if the station needs things. The HoP is right across the hall. If the cargo tech keeps their cargo access they can just bounce as things get busy. It would be a decent way to train newbies in controls and paying attention to their internals. Also gives cults option.

We had a couple problems with cults today. I think the biggest is people not knowing what to do. If you admins stop doing cult nobody will learn it. Heck, let's do a cult day. Everyone is in and everyone learns the basics. Let's see how much of known space we can discover and plaster in the blood of every animal on station.
Sounds cool. But you realise we would have to build a great temple of pain, right?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: March 27, 2013, 12:56:19 am »

Sounds cool. But you realise we would have to build a great temple of pain, right?

>Cult day
>Whole station becomes cult but Captain
>Captain is about to be sacrificed, takes off his armor
>Bombvest, motherfuckers
>trollface.jpeg
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: March 27, 2013, 12:56:40 am »

I like it, but do you have to bust through a reinforced wall to get to it?

I was told those were hidden doors.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: March 27, 2013, 12:58:35 am »

Heck, let's do a cult day. Everyone is in and everyone learns the basics. Let's see how much of known space we can discover and plaster in the blood of every animal on station.

Cult day? Where everybody is cult and we all gather around to see sacrificing demonstrations and participate in unholy sing-alongs? I'd get behind that.

Also the illicit wing looks pretty awesome. I'd at least include a couple of air canisters so that it can be re-pressurized if needed. No air alarms though, for the obvious reasons. In fact, it should have its own PACMAN generator or something. At the very least starting off the line, so that it can leech power later.

I like it, but do you have to bust through a reinforced wall to get to it? Also, I feel like it's an awesome addition to the station. It gives Security a place to go all 'riot gear' on, and would be great for some awesome RP events. "Hey man, I can give you a new skinjob for two silver coins or some objects of appropriate value. Like, say, a full toolkit with multitool or some insulated gloves. For one coin, I can get you a week's supply of booze and ambrosia, and for some lethal shotgun shells... Well, I can do a lot for you, for some lethal shotgun shells."

Spacecash/coins need to be more common/useful for that to happen though. I'm still hoping for that day though. Also, I just realized that it could use a stage or something. Maybe move the bartender's room to the right so that the performers could have some room?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: March 27, 2013, 01:00:59 am »

I like it, but do you have to bust through a reinforced wall to get to it?

I was told those were hidden doors.

Ah I see. This would also be a great place for Nuclear Operatives to board the station. No one's going to ask any questions there. :P

Spacecash/coins need to be more common/useful for that to happen though. I'm still hoping for that day though. Also, I just realized that it could use a stage or something. Maybe move the bartender's room to the right so that the performers could have some room?

Nah, you can just trade items of use for stuff. Are you a chemist? Bring space drugs/mindbreaker/thermite/basically anything. RnD? Bring a bomb. Engineer? Gloves, tools, toolbelt, plasma canister, etc. Security? If this one isn't obvious... o.O Supply? Crates. Full of nasty weaponry/stuff. Because there is a shotgun in there. Assistant? GTFO.
He's fucking with us.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: March 27, 2013, 01:01:49 am »

I think the stage is that bit on the right.

EDIT: You know what I think it should have? An intercom, tuned to some unused frequency. Then people with radios can barter for services ahead of time, or send advance warning of a security raid, etc.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:06:17 am by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: March 27, 2013, 01:11:42 am »

Heck, let's do a cult day. Everyone is in and everyone learns the basics. Let's see how much of known space we can discover and plaster in the blood of every animal on station.

Cult day? Where everybody is cult and we all gather around to see sacrificing demonstrations and participate in unholy sing-alongs? I'd get behind that.
Maybe we can have a 'training weekend' where all the games are cultist, wizard and the like.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: March 27, 2013, 01:14:23 am »

Nah, you can just trade items of use for stuff. Are you a chemist? Bring space drugs/mindbreaker/thermite/basically anything. RnD? Bring a bomb. Engineer? Gloves, tools, toolbelt, plasma canister, etc. Security? If this one isn't obvious... o.O Supply? Crates. Full of nasty weaponry/stuff. Because there is a shotgun in there. Assistant? GTFO.

The only problem is getting enough people in the bar to get that kind of stuff flowing. Maybe we could have a weekend event where everybody gets some kind of scummy personality/background? Might be fun to do once in a while.

I think the stage is that bit on the right.

Ah, that makes sense, though the stage looks kind small to me. Unless it's a stage for those shows that involve the taking off of clothes, in which case it's perfectly fine.

Also, the shotgun behind the bar needs to be a sawn-off one, the kind you get when you use a circular saw on the regular double-barrelled. Unless the wiki is lying to me again...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: March 27, 2013, 01:17:32 am »

Sawn off's are real. And very nifty.

The only problem is getting enough people in the bar to get that kind of stuff flowing. Maybe we could have a weekend event where everybody gets some kind of scummy personality/background? Might be fun to do once in a while.

This. The 'scumbags' event would be awesome, especially with a corrupt, but order-following HoS who always warns the scum ahead of time when the Captain wants raids, and more stuff like that. Secretly everyone is going to the illicit place, getting illegal services/drugs/etc, and they're all trying to catch one another.

And the AI has a law that says, "Anyone that enters illicit access is not a human." Que much finger pointing over the comms. :P
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: March 27, 2013, 01:20:01 am »

This. The 'scumbags' event would be awesome, especially with a corrupt, but order-following HoS who always warns the scum ahead of time when the Captain wants raids, and more stuff like that. Secretly everyone is going to the illicit place, getting illegal services/drugs/etc, and they're all trying to catch one another.

And the AI has a law that says, "Anyone that enters illicit access is not a human." Que much finger pointing over the comms. :P

Oh, the possibilities. The excitement... Of course it'd be up to the admins whether we do a 'scumbags' event or not.

Pretty please admins? Once the wing has been added?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: March 27, 2013, 01:20:52 am »

IDs off at the entrance and gas masks on. For everyone.
Also often called Boowells.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: March 27, 2013, 01:24:45 am »

Even the strippers?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: March 27, 2013, 01:25:47 am »

Oh, the possibilities. The excitement... Of course it'd be up to the admins whether we do a 'scumbags' event or not.

Pretty please admins? Once the wing has been added?

Not only all that, but you could also do stuff like: Trade the RD for his jumpsuit, trade the jumpsuit to someone that wants it. This could add a WHOLE OTHER WAY for antags to operate, that's almost totally RP oriented.

"Officers, arrest and de-mask these people."
*Tense moment of silence*
"Sir, I think that would be a REALLY bad idea. There are... So very many of them."

Also, basic jumpsuits/clothing mandatory, to prevent Captain's jumpsuit from giving someone away. This could get complicated, but awesome.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 1654