Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122535 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2280 on: March 26, 2013, 06:47:33 pm »

There is too many possible jobs that fall under 'scientist' to drop it to two. Just a toxins guy and a xenobiologist will lock out any useful R&D with that sort of low cap, unless one or the other clears out R&D first, or the RD does it. If we have an RD.
Multiple miners is always better than one.

Cargo tech though, as far as I know its basically Assistant with bonus access and supply channel access, but you still can't order things yourself.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: March 26, 2013, 06:47:40 pm »

It might be interesting to do an event each week, where we try to get a lot of people on for one evening for a big round or something.  I could see us reasonably getting 40 people on at the same time.
I think we should definitely do this, if not this Saturday (Easter weekend and all), then the next. It'd be nice to play a round with a higher number of players.

In other news, I've been playing around with the Byond code, trying to put in a few small fixes. It's been pretty frustrating so far.

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: March 26, 2013, 06:50:00 pm »

Theres a couple coding-related pages on the tgstation wiki if you didn't already know that, Karlito.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: March 26, 2013, 07:36:19 pm »

So I'm back. Am I going to be putting solars or a singularity on the station?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: March 26, 2013, 07:40:49 pm »

It might be interesting to do an event each week, where we try to get a lot of people on for one evening for a big round or something.  I could see us reasonably getting 40 people on at the same time.
I think we should definitely do this, if not this Saturday (Easter weekend and all), then the next. It'd be nice to play a round with a higher number of players.

In other news, I've been playing around with the Byond code, trying to put in a few small fixes. It's been pretty frustrating so far.
So in. Dibs on AI.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: March 26, 2013, 07:41:07 pm »

So I'm back. Am I going to be putting solars or a singularity on the station?
Solars were considered the safer option.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: March 26, 2013, 07:57:20 pm »

EDIT: That was rude. I apologize.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 08:12:20 pm by Fanofgaming »
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: March 26, 2013, 08:51:54 pm »

I think the server is fine the way it is now, public servers are too chaotic in my opinion.

Damiac.
Spoiler: Atmos rant (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: March 26, 2013, 10:08:45 pm »

So kg333 as I am making the map could I be set to coder as it is the closest thing to what a mapper would do?
As I know how to do some coding, I'm making a segway.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:37:23 pm by Nienhaus »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: March 26, 2013, 11:32:06 pm »

Gah, does anyone know how to make it so that hidden doors don't spawn open?

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2290 on: March 27, 2013, 12:03:14 am »

That's fine if people don't want to do a public server.  I'd heard a couple people mention the idea, and thought I'd sound out the thread.  I prefer it the way it is myself.

So kg333 as I am making the map could I be set to coder as it is the closest thing to what a mapper would do?
As I know how to do some coding, I'm making a segway.

Sure, send me a Google account email and I'll add you to the svn repo, although we're working on switching over to git.

By the way all, if I seem a bit scarce lately, that would be because I'm about four weeks off from my master's thesis defense and it's crunchtime.  I should have more time to mess around with SS13 after that's finished up.

KG
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:05:44 am by kg333 »

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: March 27, 2013, 12:13:47 am »

Sure, send me a Google account email and I'll add you to the svn repo, although we're working on switching over to git.
It's Nienhaus1997@gmail.com

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: March 27, 2013, 12:27:39 am »

There is too many possible jobs that fall under 'scientist' to drop it to two. Just a toxins guy and a xenobiologist will lock out any useful R&D with that sort of low cap, unless one or the other clears out R&D first, or the RD does it. If we have an RD.
Multiple miners is always better than one.

Cargo tech though, as far as I know its basically Assistant with bonus access and supply channel access, but you still can't order things yourself.

The heck you talking about? Cargo Techs can order whatever they want. Quartermaster acts as a sort of pseudo-head for all of supply. He doesn't get bridge access, but he gets access to Cargo Bay and Mining. Cargo techs can do a heck of a lot. It's just that the head of supply (heh heh) tends to stick around Cargo Bay, so it's difficult to order stuff without the QM knowing and telling you off.

Also, on a side note, holy shit, supply is totally the best place for cults and revolutionaries. They've got it made there. SERIOUSLY. You want your cult/revolution to do well? Go hit up supply for recruits. Especially since the quartermaster technically isn't a head of staff.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:29:30 am by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: March 27, 2013, 12:37:35 am »

The AI can fiddle with doors in CentComm.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: March 27, 2013, 12:43:18 am »

Spoiler: Illicit Wing Preview (click to show/hide)

Hmm, does it actually need atmospherics? It would be pretty weird to see an atmospheric alarm in Ghetto Surgery on the Bridge alert computer.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:47:09 am by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 1654