Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122355 times)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2250 on: March 26, 2013, 01:33:25 pm »

What's the point in having research away from the station?
Why not move the entire station with research?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: March 26, 2013, 01:36:43 pm »

Why not move the entire station with research?
I could list several things, Like blowing it up, Makeing new areas from Revs and others to take over. BUt now I have to leave. Bye

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: March 26, 2013, 01:41:12 pm »

It's also fun. I'll set up the solars and such. I'll just do all of engineering.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: March 26, 2013, 01:43:34 pm »

Nienhaus, I ended up editing it, adding cameras, lights, and a couple things I forgot, like some airless floors. Added the shuttle on the security side too, I just need you to link the shuttle up with it and it should all be good, thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ytbb61zwg5e6rtr

EDIT: Working on the Illicit Wing later, I've already got it lined out though. I'll post pictures later.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:47:23 pm by Glloyd »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: March 26, 2013, 01:44:09 pm »

You can already blow up and/or take over science. It seems like it's unmanned half the rounds.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: March 26, 2013, 01:45:25 pm »

Recently it's been pretty full actually. At least that's what it seems. The last few rounds I played last night, everyone had durands and advanced energy guns.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: March 26, 2013, 01:53:41 pm »

I had an army of murderous slime ready to KILL MAIM AND BURN.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: March 26, 2013, 01:58:24 pm »

I want to get a mounted wormhole generator but every time I'm a Scientist or RD or get access to Robotics there's maybe one other person in research, messing with bombs or slimes, and someone releases the singularity. It takes time to research and build robots.

If you need more places to go and/or blow up, make some random z levels for space adventure.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:24:34 pm by BigD145 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: March 26, 2013, 02:29:24 pm »

Another... Intresting round.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: March 26, 2013, 02:54:54 pm »

I thought that we were moving science onto the mining asteroid so that they would be less dependent on cargo. If you have no Shaft Miners, simply make some drills and meson scanners, grab hard suits/internals and get mining. Plus it makes the mining asteroid a much more interesting place, instead of an area where the miners hide when things go to shit.

Though thinking about it, having the entire space station on the mining asteroid might be fun, provided that we still have enough room for the miners to go about their job of course. I'd definitively make things harder for security though, and offer tons of places to hide.

EDIT: Of course I'm talking about a distributed station plan on the mining asteroid. Simply transplanting the current one onto the asteroid would more or less offer a change of scenery.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: March 26, 2013, 03:07:25 pm »

If you have no Shaft Miners

The HoP should make sure this doesn't happen. If there's a glut of personnel in one department, put them to work pounding dirt.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: March 26, 2013, 03:09:01 pm »

Asteroid Station?

Certainly sounds dwarven.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: March 26, 2013, 03:37:03 pm »

Anyone know how to make Air Alarms ingame?  The wiki says to put the frame on the wall and apply a circuit boards and wires, but it seems like they start fully formed and do not effect anything.  Am I doing something wrong, or are they just broken?

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: March 26, 2013, 03:39:11 pm »

Rarely? We get twenty most afternoons and weekends now, which is pretty awesome. But yes, when there's not a lot of people, it gets annoying having 3 miners and no engineers.

I am not really enticed by the idea of changing a huge setting such as this when it would only be effective half the time, and the other half it might be limiting player choice.

As to our player base right now, yes we have 20 people on the server at once fairly often now, but how engaged are those people? We rarely get 15+ people readied up for round starts (this is what determines what gamemodes are playable in secret) even with admin forced delays. I am of the belief that we've peaked, in terms of playerbase that we will get, from this semi-public approach.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:42:24 pm by Android »

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2264 on: March 26, 2013, 03:56:38 pm »

Rarely? We get twenty most afternoons and weekends now, which is pretty awesome. But yes, when there's not a lot of people, it gets annoying having 3 miners and no engineers.

I am not really enticed by the idea of changing a huge setting such as this when it would only be effective half the time, and the other half it might be limiting player choice.

As to our player base right now, yes we have 20 people on the server at once fairly often now, but how engaged are those people? We rarely get 15+ people readied up for round starts (this is what determines what gamemodes are playable in secret) even with admin forced delays. I am of the belief that we've peaked, in terms of playerbase that we will get, from this semi-public approach.

Out of curiosity, would people prefer a public server, listed on the BYOND hub?  I'm not sure we have enough people involved to adequately admin a public server (not to mention still lacking a ruleset), but it could be kept in mind as a future goal if enough players want it.

KG
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 1654