Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122187 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2235 on: March 26, 2013, 12:45:12 pm »

Problem with the singulo warning is that we can't easily do this without actually coding pieces ourselves.
We can do it with admins and no new code technically, but outside of (notso)subtlemessage thats bending the line between IC and OOC quite a bit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: March 26, 2013, 12:58:44 pm »

It's easy enough to notice, when the power starts going out and the station disappears under your feet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: March 26, 2013, 01:04:48 pm »

And besides, if you have an AI it's easy enough to notice. Makes sense to me that NT would install an automated system.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: March 26, 2013, 01:08:35 pm »

It's easy enough to notice, when the power starts going out and the station disappears under your feet.
Why yes, but the point Damiac was making was to get an alert from system anomalies so that the engineers might get there and fix it in time, rather than the first notice of something wrong being a singularity eating medbay.

And besides, if you have an AI it's easy enough to notice. Makes sense to me that NT would install an automated system.
The AI tend to have other things to do than to watch Engineering and the alerts it might get is not before the singu has already eaten a fair bit of engineering.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: March 26, 2013, 01:11:51 pm »

That's fair. Typically you DO get power and air alerts if it's already eaten a part of Engi, but having a dedicated containment failure alarm would be nice.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: March 26, 2013, 01:18:04 pm »

Can we get a rebalance to jobs.txt? I can't say I have ever seen 40 people on and rarely do we hit 20. Can some jobs be cut down so people's high/mid/low kicks in? I was thinking Miner=2, Cargo=2 or 1 (QM can ship minings goods while cargo tech handles front desk and mules handle delivery), Scientist=2, Engineer=2 or 3, Doctor=2, Geneticist=1, Atmos Tech=1 or 2 (and start training more people to do this job), and Security=3 or so. We don't need 3 Miners hiding on the asteroid while the station has no Botanist/Chef or Security.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: March 26, 2013, 01:24:20 pm »

Rarely? We get twenty most afternoons and weekends now, which is pretty awesome. But yes, when there's not a lot of people, it gets annoying having 3 miners and no engineers.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: March 26, 2013, 01:24:56 pm »

Can we get a rebalance to jobs.txt? I can't say I have ever seen 40 people on and rarely do we hit 20. Can some jobs be cut down so people's high/mid/low kicks in? I was thinking Miner=2, Cargo=2 or 1 (QM can ship minings goods while cargo tech handles front desk and mules handle delivery), Scientist=2, Engineer=2 or 3, Doctor=2, Geneticist=1, Atmos Tech=1 or 2 (and start training more people to do this job), and Security=3 or so. We don't need 3 Miners hiding on the asteroid while the station has no Botanist/Chef or Security.
I will see what I can do to keep it balanced if everyone is okay with that. As for miauw62 I am uploading the files right now, I just woke up and fixed some things. It still needs camera and there is a hole in the top left part of the Research station for where the engine can go. Also the map is called "tgstation.2.1.2-UristMcStation01 - Copy" So open that one.
Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?lbsbtcmx48ap2th There, You need to use this folder, Not any other one to make it work.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:26:30 pm by Nienhaus »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: March 26, 2013, 01:25:49 pm »

Station Engineers do have access to atmospherics now, so their job has effectively come to include that of an Atmos tech, I agree on all other points though.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: March 26, 2013, 01:26:59 pm »

Are we really going to use an engine? The point of the singularity is really that it causes a shuttle call. If the singulo escapes on the asteroid, all that will happen is a lot of people lacking a job or being dead. Two solars should do just the same thing. They could even come pre-wired or something, and you'd just have to initialize them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: March 26, 2013, 01:29:04 pm »

Are we really going to use an engine? The point of the singularity is really that it causes a shuttle call. If the singulo escapes on the asteroid, all that will happen is a lot of people lacking a job or being dead. Two solars should do just the same thing. They could even come pre-wired or something, and you'd just have to initialize them.
The Singulrity is ran by an engine to start it up...

Also I still need to add the Singulrity if you can do that for me miauw62 I would be happy.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: March 26, 2013, 01:30:20 pm »

I've set all my jobs to high end ones anyway. They're quite fun roles on quieter servers.

So, I spent hours perfecting my Traitor AI plan that round. Thankfully my first objective was forfilled by a crazy captain who spaced the brain-dead clown (my target). Now all I had to do was find some reason to get the shuttle called while being as nice as I could, until the shuttle arrived at which point I would have brutally murdered everyone.

The shuttle winds up getting called due to admin interference, which was pretty sweet, but then suddenly the round is restarted by a vote.
Is everyone really that impatient?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 26, 2013, 01:31:06 pm »

The point is that the research station should not have a singulo. After all, if it breaks you got a lot of people out of job, a significant amount of lag and no reason to evacuate the station. I'd make the game significantly more boring.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 26, 2013, 01:32:40 pm »

Fine if someone can put some solars on to it will that make everyone happy?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: March 26, 2013, 01:32:53 pm »

Asteroid Science should probably have one hardsuit just for setting up some solars. It doesn't take long to do it right and a charged SMES will hold them until solars are hooked up. All other accidents can be handled by L4 and L3 suits. Miners can assist if things are going bad. I would suggest outside access near whatever shuttle is going to dock in case windows are broken and it's completely exposed to vacuum.

Other than that, I don't exactly agree Science should be out in the asteroid.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 1654