Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122014 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2205 on: March 25, 2013, 08:46:57 pm »

and greatorder was nice as a pAI owner too. a fun round overall.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: March 25, 2013, 10:37:46 pm »

Axl Blyant  [145.9] says, "I have learned that I have no idea how to mate with myself."

Yes. Slimepocalypse ensued.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: March 25, 2013, 10:42:10 pm »

I either get narrowly missed by that rod or struck through the chest, except one time.

And yes, I really did have to ask you to prove that you were human... while you were outside the hull in a hardsuit.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:57:51 pm by BigD145 »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: March 25, 2013, 10:43:06 pm »

Here was the source of the slime attacks, the sentient slimes, and that one golem that was ganked by my slimes...
http://imgur.com/a/XH0Cr#2

I did it easily enough. I bred slimes as usual and hoarded 20 grey slime extract. I forced open all the doors, injected all the extract with plasma, and threw it all into the cell block. One fire extinguisher blast later and 60+ monkeys explode from the tile. The slimes bred like mad and created a mob.

Oh yeah, and Zackary, I really did shoot the clown randomly :P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:52:50 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: March 25, 2013, 11:04:51 pm »

I either get narrowly missed by that rod or struck through the chest, except one time.

And yes, I really did have to ask you to prove that you were human... while you were outside the hull in a hardsuit.

And in near-critical condition. -.-

Here was the source of the slime attacks, the sentient slimes, and that one golem that was ganked by my slimes...
http://imgur.com/a/XH0Cr#2

I did it easily enough. I bred slimes as usual and hoarded 20 grey slime extract. I forced open all the doors, injected all the extract with plasma, and threw it all into the cell block. One fire extinguisher blast later and 60+ monkeys explode from the tile. The slimes bred like mad and created a mob.

Oh yeah, and Zackary, I really did shoot the clown randomly :P

Note to self: It's totally good that I breached Xenobio to space then.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: March 25, 2013, 11:20:45 pm »

Erm. You realize that splitting the station up across z-levels makes having a single dedicated engineering section rather pointless, right?
Why is that? Engineers don't have some sort of magical implant/disease that prevents them from using shuttles. And it makes engineering much less boring.

I'm not talking about engineers, but about Engineering. The current Engineering section is built almost entirely around the Singularity Engine. You can't, to my knowledge, transfer power from a central singularity across z-levels, so you either lose the singularities entirely and run each station segment entirely on solar arrays, or you have a singularity engine on every station, meaning you have an engineering section on every station z-level, and again, not a single dedicated engineering section.

The same goes for atmospherics, you'd need a separate section for each z-level. And... and that's something of a nightmare. I mean, have you *seen* atmospherics? O_o

For the same reason splitting engineering off onto its own z-level doesn't make any sense, as without the singulo Engineering is just a glorified closet. Admittedly, I wouldn't mind having a vast empty z-level on which to build mega-projects, but it'll be even harder to justify taking the time for such projects with having to maintain multiple substations, rather than a single station.

I've never really liked spess law as written because I've found it too lenient. And what space laws says and how admins (on TG) evaluate how it is executed are different things, as well.
There's a reason for that though. It's a game, and sitting in a brig is boring. So is being dead.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:32:35 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: March 25, 2013, 11:43:02 pm »

What are the chances of me getting traitor AI twice in three rounds? Hmm~

Ah, ack. Sorry about that. Something in my throat. Won't happen again. For a while at least.

EDIT: What I like most about Malf/Traitor AI rounds is that they go so quick. Yes, they're quite ganky, sorry about it, but they're fast and action-packed, which makes a nice change from our usual slow pace.

Anyways, if you excuse me I'm off to get some sleep, and then experiment with atmos so that I can spew plasma that much quicker. Bye~
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:47:17 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2212 on: March 26, 2013, 12:28:20 am »

No idea. We'd need someone who is a committer to actually add them to the UMcS source on the google code.

EDIT: Maybe try messaging KG and Vactor?

So when are these parts of the station even getting added? And should I change the Cargo bay to where Research was if we do change it?

Maybe, noone else uses Supply a whole lot. It depends though, is there a separate shuttle for the research station?

I'm still lurking around the thread, but haven't had much time to do SS13 related things lately.

Those of you who are interested in messing around with the maps, send me a PM with an email tied to a Google account, and I'll get you added on the codebase.  Please copy Android on it, and hopefully he can get you added over to the github repo.

We're switching over to using github for the codebase, so message Android to get added to that repository.

KG
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:05:21 am by kg333 »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: March 26, 2013, 03:58:38 am »

Nah I'll just fork it. Much less of a hassle.

Anybody willing to test my vote-fix?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:29:46 am by Darvi »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: March 26, 2013, 04:32:10 am »

Vote fix?

oh god I love you so much darvi

Good work.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: March 26, 2013, 04:35:04 am »

Actually I'm not sure if the pre-game vote is fixed since I cannot run the game at the uni, but I'm certain it's linked to the whole non-ghost-voting thing.

There's also an option in the config file that's responsible for disabling it but I decided to just comment out the entire shebang in the source code instead because I like making snarky comments.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: March 26, 2013, 06:43:40 am »

No singularity at the mining station. If it escapes, the shuttle won't be called and a lot of people lose their job. I think we should vote about it. Also, is it okay if I design all of engineering on the asteroid? Atmos is much less complicated than people think and two solars could provide enough power.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:45:23 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: March 26, 2013, 07:03:13 am »

Hey, if anyone wants to play a set-up station, I'm on kg's server and I've set up the solars, and turned off some of the unneeded APCs so it's enough. There's also a bunch of emergency supplies on the mining shuttle. I've had enough and I'm logging off, so if you want it come get it.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: March 26, 2013, 07:23:05 am »

Atmos isn't really very complicated. There's 2 pumps and 6 filters to set up for the air supply, plus another 2 pumps for the portable scrubbers/air pumps.

I would agree that you shouldn't have a singularity on the mining station.  It's almost impossible to keep an eye on one singularity as it is, it's a very popular target for sabotage to get the shuttle called.  I would think solars would be easy enough, especially if you start them wired, and just needing to be initialized.

Speaking of singularity sabotage, I really think there should be some kind of warning when the emitters go down, or when the generators start to lose power, so you at least have a few minutes to try to fix it.  If someone snips a wire and walks away, nobody's going to notice until the singularity is eating the station.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: March 26, 2013, 07:45:15 am »

I think that is even half in already. Admins get a notice when it breaks loose. Or you could rely on Poly.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 1654