Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121794 times)

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2175 on: March 25, 2013, 01:50:12 pm »

So when are these parts of the station even getting added? And should I change the Cargo bay to where Research was if we do change it?

Maybe, noone else uses Supply a whole lot. It depends though, is there a separate shuttle for the research station?
I just moved the mining area and shuttle, But one thing. How will the The Scientist use the shuttle, Am I going to need to edit the code?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: March 25, 2013, 01:57:08 pm »

You just need to give Scientists acces to the shuttle. Everyone can use the shuttle buttons.

However, you might need to do some redesigns to mining station so that scientists can get to science quickly, and without needing acces to all of mining.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: March 25, 2013, 01:57:55 pm »

Snake exclaims, "Of course I am! I can't fucking walk normally! I have standards!"

This is pretty awesome.
Snake says, "All it took was a bottle of ketchup."
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: March 25, 2013, 01:59:11 pm »

So when are these parts of the station even getting added? And should I change the Cargo bay to where Research was if we do change it?

Maybe, noone else uses Supply a whole lot. It depends though, is there a separate shuttle for the research station?

I use supply when I can. Like when I was traitor Captain, and I ordered like ten crates of chickens and released them in the halls to fuck with everyone. It's also nice to order party equipment and get half the crew drunk so you don't have to worry about them as much. :P

Also, for space law on the wiki it says execution can only be used for Syndicate collaboration or serial killers. Every other capital crime is permabrigging or cyborgization.

I've never really liked spess law as written because I've found it too lenient. And what space laws says and how admins (on TG) evaluate how it is executed are different things, as well.

I agree with you there. One minute in the brig doesn't seem like a viable punishment for distributing drugs, or two minutes a viable punishment for breaking and entering, especially when most of our games go on for a few hours. Personally, I'd like to aim for a middle ground between BS12 spess law and /tg/ spess law.

I agree to a point, but upping the times is just promoting people sitting in a jail cell, probably bailing/suiciding because of it. I personally always enjoy being in jail/permabrig because it gets interesting if you do it right. It is not a good idea to go wild with the times, but upping them a bit might be good.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: March 25, 2013, 02:04:55 pm »

Also, for space law on the wiki it says execution can only be used for Syndicate collaboration or serial killers. Every other capital crime is permabrigging or cyborgization.

I've never really liked spess law as written because I've found it too lenient. And what space laws says and how admins (on TG) evaluate how it is executed are different things, as well.

I agree with you there. One minute in the brig doesn't seem like a viable punishment for distributing drugs, or two minutes a viable punishment for breaking and entering, especially when most of our games go on for a few hours. Personally, I'd like to aim for a middle ground between BS12 spess law and /tg/ spess law.

I agree to a point, but upping the times is just promoting people sitting in a jail cell, probably bailing/suiciding because of it. I personally always enjoy being in jail/permabrig because it gets interesting if you do it right. It is not a good idea to go wild with the times, but upping them a bit might be good.

This is one of the main reasons I redesigned the prison wing: To encourage using it more. I agree, not going crazy with the times is a good thing, but I think there are a few crimes that could use a time adjustment.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: March 25, 2013, 02:10:35 pm »

Another note, since we're redesigning the station and the prison system anyway.

How about we install a small securipod on the mining roid, so that we can have enforced labour for lower crime convicts.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: March 25, 2013, 02:12:12 pm »

How about we install a small securipod on the mining roid, so that we can have enforced labour for lower crime convicts.

Yes, this would be good. It would also give mining tators a place to break into and steal weaponry out of that isn't on the main station. Miners always seem a bit suspicious if they're loitering around the Arrivals Security Desk.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: March 25, 2013, 02:14:12 pm »

I use cargo and plan on using it in the future. Last night I was fiddling around on LAN and ended up needing supplies to get the derelict transporter room solar'd up and operational. The main portions of derelict that have solars need trackers. Take a tracker to the derelict tranporter and set the two transporters to each other and you have an easy way to and from derelict station. Space exploration would make for a goal in extended. Rebuilding R&D out on the asteroid could be a different one.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: March 25, 2013, 02:16:37 pm »

This round is pretty... Intresting. I recommend joining if you haven't already, we still need a CMO.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: March 25, 2013, 02:18:30 pm »

Aw, damn. I have to go do stuff in town or I'd join.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: March 25, 2013, 02:27:29 pm »

Yes, this would be good. It would also give mining tators a place to break into and steal weaponry out of that isn't on the main station. Miners always seem a bit suspicious if they're loitering around the Arrivals Security Desk.

That's an interesting idea. I might take a shot at putting that in shortly.

strich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: March 25, 2013, 02:38:13 pm »

Hey cool! Definitely going to try this out soon.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: March 25, 2013, 02:47:04 pm »

There's now security room on the mining station and two on the research station.
If you guys want to see the map as of now Download this
http://www.mediafire.com/?lbsbtcmx48ap2th
Then open the map "tgstation.2.1.2-UristMcStation01 - Copy" and look at the mining station.

Why would research have double the sec rooms?
There's a kinda longer Hallway to the room where bombs are made so I put a sec only room watching the hallway with only a chair and table.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:02:44 pm by Nienhaus »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: March 25, 2013, 03:01:11 pm »

Why would research have double the sec rooms?

Also, interesting note: Following the slime around, and apparently they get the crawl through ducts ability by themself, didn't touch a thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: March 25, 2013, 03:20:57 pm »

I'll put in an atmos system for the asteroid tomorrow. Also, that round was insane.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 1654