Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121571 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2145 on: March 25, 2013, 11:57:23 am »

It looks like the disposals mass driver sends stuff by the pirate radio station and chapel's sends stuff to the asteroid. I'm assuming the asteroid can only be reached via coffin or locker. Pirate station can be reached any which way. The radio station is near the derelict, but you won't hit anything via mass driver without a catch net or EVA redirect.

Why are we completely under-utilizing the Gateway? What's the trick to using it? I've read it needs more power.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: March 25, 2013, 12:00:57 pm »

Actually when you leave a Z-level you arrive at a random new Z-level. So you could go south a couple times and then arrive at the exact same location that you left from.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: March 25, 2013, 12:04:29 pm »

Why are we completely under-utilizing the Gateway? What's the trick to using it? I've read it needs more power.
You can't use the Gateway for anything.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: March 25, 2013, 12:06:37 pm »

I might have been fiddling with Bay12's branch that has a working Gateway. Not sure.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: March 25, 2013, 12:06:56 pm »

I think it's just randomized on every round start, much like door wires.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: March 25, 2013, 12:07:45 pm »

If I'm right none of the areas are turned on so it doesn't work, Trust me I've tried many times.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: March 25, 2013, 12:07:57 pm »

Here it is, my redrawing off the permabrig. Tell me what you think.It's made to give prisoners more space, and make it more prone to ridiculously awesome last ditch escape attempts. Also, I made a room for the lethal injection, just for aesthetics sake.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I just realized I fucked up the northeast corner of the laundry room. Fixing that now.

EDIT2: And the wall of the prison library, fixing that too.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:11:33 pm by Glloyd »

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: March 25, 2013, 12:10:18 pm »

That looks pretty awesome.
Edit; You should add light switches.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:12:58 pm by Nienhaus »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: March 25, 2013, 12:11:44 pm »

I think it's just randomized on every round start, much like door wires.

According to the TG wiki, the gateways are currently borked indefinitely.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: March 25, 2013, 12:12:25 pm »

Thanks! I added a broken bottle in the top cell for some FUN, hehehe. It's hidden under that piece of paper.

Edit: Besides those two issues, anything I should change/add?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:17:25 pm by Glloyd »

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: March 25, 2013, 12:16:39 pm »

Erm. You realize that splitting the station up across z-levels makes having a single dedicated engineering section rather pointless, right?
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #2156 on: March 25, 2013, 12:16:58 pm »

Over the break (coming up on friday) I'll start actually merging the anomalies I added from BS12. Anyone one want anything else changed? (Preferably mapping stuff but I can do coding as well).
1=0

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: March 25, 2013, 12:17:35 pm »

Well, not all ninja objective seem to work, or maybe it was just because I added one and it didn't trigger it for some reason. Either way, I won the extended round and only Miaw and a monkey really spotted me ;)

Like what, electronics?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: March 25, 2013, 12:17:42 pm »

Erm. You realize that splitting the station up across z-levels makes having a single dedicated engineering section rather pointless, right?
Why is that? Engineers don't have some sort of magical implant/disease that prevents them from using shuttles. And it makes engineering much less boring.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: March 25, 2013, 12:19:27 pm »

True, but in terms of small revisions to the map like these, that won't affect /tg/station compatibility for the most part. It's when we start adding our own tiles/code/objects that it starts to get dicey.

The biggest problem with making tons of map changes is that they are extremely hard to merge with map updates that TG pushes. The second biggest reason we havn't looked at the map very hard thus far is game balance.

I have also created a new repository using github, the link is here. The benefit of this source is that anyone can download the repo in .zip format, instead of requiring a SVN or some other process from googlecode. TG switched to this same service as well. We have not had a meaningful discussion on which format we will use going forward yet.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:22:55 pm by Android »
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 1654