Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120757 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1995 on: March 23, 2013, 03:51:09 pm »

Also, I found out exactly HOW OP tasers were.

*points to the rant ~10 pages earlier.

But, not the point of the post. When checking out Space Asshole song someone linked on the server yesterday, I came across something really fucking epic that could very well be an intro for SS13:

http://youtu.be/7M-JPH5SOmI

I think that is the Space Station 13 trailer. And you're welcome for the Space Asshole.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 23, 2013, 03:52:30 pm »

Law sets such as PALADIN and TYRANT aren't supposed to be followed precisely as they are stated. They're meant to give the person playing the AI some liberty in deciding how they want to act. You're not supposed to debate an exact certain meaning of the laws given, you're given free reign to go in a direction with it that makes sense to you.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 23, 2013, 04:01:20 pm »

Law sets such as PALADIN and TYRANT aren't supposed to be followed precisely as they are stated. They're meant to give the person playing the AI some liberty in deciding how they want to act. You're not supposed to debate an exact certain meaning of the laws given, you're given free reign to go in a direction with it that makes sense to you.

I see now. I'ma read up on the laws some more, and perhaps read a few more Isaac Asimov books to get a better understanding, stuff like that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 23, 2013, 04:23:29 pm »

Is there another round starting/just started on either of the IPs by the by? 

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 23, 2013, 04:26:26 pm »

Is there another round starting/just started on either of the IPs by the by?

Yeah, join Vactor's server.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: March 23, 2013, 04:27:31 pm »

I see now. I'ma read up on the laws some more, and perhaps read a few more Isaac Asimov books to get a better understanding, stuff like that.

The robots in Asimov's world follow their laws very strictly, to the point where mining robots would lock people inside the mining station so that they wouldn't suffer damage from the cosmic raditation. Of course as an AI your brain is much more sophisticated and powerful than the average robot, but you still have to follow those three laws closely. Though you do have a bit of leeway in the laws (especially if you can connect your descision to the first law), if you follow the Asimov laws closely you must do all that you can to save human life, no matter who they are. The traitor sentenced to execution deserves to live as much as the person they killed.

Or at least that's how I view the Asimov laws. To be honest they're probably not the best laws to give to a station AI. The borgs? Maybe if they had a strong AI to lead them and point out the flaws in their descions.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 23, 2013, 04:28:58 pm »

The last round kinda went very slightly awry.

It ended with a meteor gun rampage.
FUKKEN DUD NUKES!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 23, 2013, 04:32:27 pm »

That round ended with me torturing operative #1 (Maria). I used an electropack for a bit and was about to beat her with a baton, but then my officer unloads a silenced pistol into her face. I also had a block of C4 to attach to her.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: March 23, 2013, 04:48:01 pm »

So, the question still stands: Did the traitor Mark Barnes win? I just want to know if I won or not.

E: Btw, sucks that I had to go. I was looking forward to CENTCOMM JOE AND BOB JAMES PARTNERS IN CRIME.
What, it wouldn't matter. Stealing your objective then hiding in a place for the entire round isn't exactly winning. That's probably the lamest way to "win".
I wouldn't have done it if I could have stayed longer, but I had to go.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 23, 2013, 04:51:55 pm »

Side note: What country are you from? Merely curiosity on my part, but I believe it is not the United States, because your words struck a deep-set belief of mine that the people choose their leaders to lead them for the good of all. Leaders are not leaders simply because they have power and thus are in charge. No one in charge has an 'innate right to rule', at least not in my belief system.

I'm from the US and I should have preceeded that with "under the Paladin Lawset", Don't confuse that with how I actually view the world.  My playstyle would be to play a Paladin AI as one that looks at the world through a medieval lens. (IE the right to rule is ordained by a higher power, people are not governed by consent)

Either way the revs had free access to your core, and would have just kept swapping your laws until you played along.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 23, 2013, 07:34:07 pm »

Lily Caukwell & Zackary Fryer: Nightmare weavers.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 23, 2013, 07:37:57 pm »

So true. Poor Axl.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 23, 2013, 08:12:50 pm »

You guys gotta admit, though, having a pair of mechs break into the bridge, throw the HoP out an airlock, and save one of the detained is pretty hardcore.
Nothing important here, move along.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 23, 2013, 08:19:29 pm »

So true. Poor Axl.

I did bad, bad, BAAAAD things to Axl. I tortured him with a knife, screwdriver and stun baton for a loooong time. Stabbing him in the eyes, cutting his fact and stomach, beating him with the baton. And the best part was... He'd pass out, and I'd save his life, with a medikit, until he was full health again. And do it again. And again. I feel so evil right now. :x So evil.

Then the Mechs came through the wall and captured me. They tossed me into space.

I came back, because I wasn't done with Axl yet.

We captured Axl again, and I got the Fire Axe out. Captain gave me authorization, so I hacked Axl until they made me stop. Also, I hacked Kyle Creed to death, and I seriously suspected he wasn't a cultist, although he did disarm me a couple times and try to fight us. All in all, crazy ass cult round. I barely left the bridge. 

That was a crazy round. Me and hans torturing and killing people that we suspected were cultists. No trial, either.

So much blood on the bridge! SO MUCH FUN! AND WE STOPPED THE INSURRECTION!
When me and hans were stunned, I thought we were gonna be converted.

Wait, you were the Captain? BADASS.

You guys gotta admit, though, having a pair of mechs break into the bridge, throw the HoP out an airlock, and save one of the detained is pretty hardcore.

Haha, you threw me out the airlock. I FUCKING CAME BACK. I CAME BACK FOR AXL. I HAD A FEW MORE QUESTIONS FOR HIM. >:-3

Then the HoP returned.

But yeah, I was there, thinking 'why the fuck is there a Ripley on the bridge? HOW'D THAT ODYSSEUS GET HERE!?

The story was told to me later.

Ninjas. Yes. I returned. Two doctors saved my life, unfortunately for two or three other people. Those poor, poor people.
He's fucking with us.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 23, 2013, 08:25:12 pm »

I did bad, bad, BAAAAD things to Axl. I tortured him with a knife, screwdriver and stun baton for a loooong time. Stabbing him in the eyes, cutting his fact and stomach, beating him with the baton. And the best part was... He'd pass out, and I'd save his life, with a medikit, until he was full health again. And do it again. And again. I feel so evil right now. :x So evil.

Then the Mechs came through the wall and captured me. They tossed me into space.

I came back, because I wasn't done with Axl yet.

We captured Axl again, and I got the Fire Axe out. Captain gave me authorization, so I hacked Axl until they made me stop. Also, I hacked Kyle Creed to death, and I seriously suspected he wasn't a cultist, although he did disarm me a couple times and try to fight us. All in all, crazy ass cult round. I barely left the bridge. 
Oh yeah, and you tortured me with wirecutters. I also pissed you two off a lot I'd guess and caused a lot of friendly fire while running circles on the bridge. I wasn't going to sell out the cultists, and I was pretty sure you would've killed me anyway. I stalled you for as long as possible.

I could've murdered the captain after dragging her from the library if the fucking detective didn't tase me. We both found a way to come back like some kind of bad dream and cause more problems :P
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 1654