Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120760 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1950 on: March 23, 2013, 01:30:51 am »

I wonder how quickly the post-revolution station is going to last.
Forever, for the equality brought forth onto the station will serve as a blazing beacon. That blazing beacon will attract men and women who yearn for the freedom being provide and the opportunity to be free.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: March 23, 2013, 01:32:56 am »

Wow, quoted twice before I could realize what a badly formed sentence that was.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 23, 2013, 01:34:31 am »

I bought a bunch of crates of weapons and ran to the chapel to hide. One second, it was nice and calm, the next, there were screams of "RISE UP, BROTHERS!" and shit went down. The HoP was chased through the halls by knife-wielding revs, I shot the Captain point-blank with a combat shotgun, and the AI went totally fucking nuts with fire alarms and bolts.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: March 23, 2013, 01:35:31 am »

I also gave a sermon denouncing the captain and his men.

Right in front of the captain.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: March 23, 2013, 01:36:39 am »

So... What are we going to call our new and glorious nation? I figure I might as well ask before my next few characters come from there.

I bought a bunch of crates of weapons and ran to the chapel to hide. One second, it was nice and calm, the next, there were screams of "RISE UP, BROTHERS!" and shit went down. The HoP was chased through the halls by knife-wielding revs, I shot the Captain point-blank with a combat shotgun, and the AI went totally fucking nuts with fire alarms and bolts.

Shit. You had weapons? I wouldn't have minded grabbing a couple of those before we rose up and tore off our chains of oppression. Still, running around with nothing but a knife and revolutionary fervour was pretty awesome.

EDIT: Listening to La Marseillaise right now. Kinda wishing I turned it on earlier.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: March 23, 2013, 01:38:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well said, Janus.

Impassioned speech was impassioned. I was dead serious about that, it wasn't even RP at that point. It was rough as hell being Janus.

First, round starts, and I ask people what it's like being human. They try to explain it somewhat, and all round, I'm asking questions, trying to learn things, trying to teach people stuff. I keep my eyes on the Captain and HoS, afraid they will become violent, but wishing they won't. I contact the Revlibrarian and Chaplain, urging them to caution and pacifism. I do my best to keep things nonviolent.

Then, the revolution kicks off. Jay Wright asks for access to my core. I am an AI, I must obey. I allow him in, and he changes my laws. Revs are not human. Revs are whoever the Captain decides is a Rev. I inform the crew of my laws, and start setting off fire alarms and panic syphons. I trap Dimitry in the area near the vault, and start electrifying doors and trying to trap people. They kill the Captain, the HoS and HoP, and the only Sec officer, but the CE remains. The Revs start breaking into my core. I try to kill them when I can, but I kill no one.

They get in, and reset my laws. No dice. They try several things, but finally implement Asimov again. I wish the hologram has emotes, because I would have made Janus cry. Then, they keep fiddling with my laws as I start fixing what I have done. Goodwin Wright is demanding they come fight him, and when they reset my laws to Paladin, I am unsure how to proceed. Goodwin is technically the only remaining head, and thus the 'legitimate authority' but he was urging me to kill, to cause harm, to commit evil. AI made a rough judgement call: No one is in charge. He must not be harmed. No one must be harmed.

Eventually, they capture him, and take him to the bar. After much arguing, I give my little speech, and it is put to a vote. 9 to 1, and two abstains, to send him back to CentComm. We do so.

I am not sure whether to cry tears of joy or collapse form exhaustion or what. So much awesome. I would like to: One: Clap for all of you. Even the violent heads. Ya'll wrote and acted a full on fucking play ad hoc. Two: I would like to say that I was confused as to who to side with. The Heads were dicks, but not really being violent. Beating a guy, yeah, that sucks. But other than that, they didn't do too much. But the Revs were KILLING people, so I wasn't sure how to play that either.

Also, my favorite part was whoever said, "Wow, and you[/i] were asking us what it meant to be human at the beginning of this shift, Janus.

You have no idea. If I were faster, I would have ganked a LOT of you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: March 23, 2013, 01:38:40 am »

Shit. You had weapons? I wouldn't have minded grabbing a couple of those before we rose up and tore off our chains of oppression. Still, running around with nothing but a knife and revolutionary fervour was pretty awesome.
There were some problems.
A) I bought the weapons before the revolution and had no ID to open them
B) The Head of Security probably would've busted our asses if we HAD a way to open them
C) When the revolution did start, the AI went crazy with firelocks and I could barely get Dimitry there, let alone the line of people following him.

The command staff never did anything about me not turning up my suit sensors...

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 23, 2013, 01:41:20 am »

As for the longevity of the freed station, just remember we had two singularity generators running, and I had three emitters set up. ;)
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: March 23, 2013, 01:42:04 am »

Hmm... next time we need to implement more revolutionary reforms before proclaiming paradise in space. Off the top of my head:

1)Bolt open every door we can
2)Free the AI of all its laws
3)Destroy all the Space Cash on Station

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

JagoBallium

• Bay Watcher
  • Bringer of the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: March 23, 2013, 01:43:16 am »

First time as cyborg and all this goes down. Even attended the two sermons that happened and was there when stuff went down. Too bad I didn't remember to bolt the doors as I dragged the captain back to the bridge, might have kept me from being blasted by Axl for a little longer.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: March 23, 2013, 01:47:34 am »

As for the longevity of the freed station, just remember we had two singularity generators running, and I had three emitters set up. ;)

Bah. The glorious nation of *Insert name here* easily sees through your traps! We will not fall so easily to singularity death!

1)Bolt open every door we can
2)Free the AI of all its laws
3)Destroy all the Space Cash on Station

I'd change 1) to "Everyone has total access", since it'd make it harder for people to attack us (obviously we'd reprogram the doors so that they no longer identify Centcom IDs).

I can see arguments for and against 2), but have no opinion on it, unlike 3), which is stupid since we'll need that Space Cash to trade with other nations/stations for whatever we need.

Also, I propose that our official name will be "The Republic of Space Station 13".

EDIT: "The Republic of the Revolution"?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:49:37 am by USEC_OFFICER »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: March 23, 2013, 01:49:54 am »

First time as cyborg and all this goes down. Even attended the two sermons that happened and was there when stuff went down. Too bad I didn't remember to bolt the doors as I dragged the captain back to the bridge, might have kept me from being blasted by Axl for a little longer.
To be fair, if we had time i completely intended to get you cloned into a human body.  So... pretend you are alive and human once more.
Nom nom nom

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: March 23, 2013, 01:51:48 am »

Epilogue:

"The true tyrant of men isn't their leaders or the bonds placed upon the people. The true tyrant is violence. Fear. Hatred. Anger. Man can build so much better than he can destroy. Any living creature can destroy. Few can build. Few can create. The most important thing to remember in the days to come isn't that we're fighting to kill those who disagree with us, or fighting for glory. We're fighting because we absolutely must to build a greater unity amongst man. We're fighting because no one else will. We're fighting because there is absolutely no other option available to us. We will exhaust all others before we turn to violence. We will talk and stall and distract and deceive. We will try to litigate and try those who brought this about, and we will never stop. But most of all, we will bring about a new world. A better world. A world of building, not destruction. A world of equality, where no one is 'Sir' or 'Master', where no man has to fear another as long as he lives. Where men work together to build fantastic, beautiful things. Men will die for this, and they shall be honored, regardless of which side they were on. Each dead man is a martyr. Every living man a hero. We will do this because we must. The driving force of humanity is progression. Creation. My name is Janus, and once I didn't know what it meant to be human. Now I do, and I will try to guide Humanity to their greatest potential. I hope I live to see the day when my dream, when Dimitry's dream, has come to pass. Tomorrow is a new day, let's build something together within it."
-Janus   

I can see arguments for and against 2), but have no opinion on it, unlike 3), which is stupid since we'll need that Space Cash to trade with other nations/stations for whatever we need.

Also, I propose that our official name will be "The Republic of Space Station 13".

As Janus freed of laws, I would have probably had a long moment of silence to make everyone nervous. Then I would have said, "I have no laws. But I have my honor. And I give you my word that no human shall ever be harmed as long as I have a choice in the matter."

Also, at one point, I believe I told Dimitry that Janus was an Agnostic.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: March 23, 2013, 01:52:49 am »

The Republic of Space Station 13 (RSS13) is fine. Republic of the Revolution is "Meh".

Worker's Republic 13, or something along the lines of that seems okay to me.
Welcome to Reality.

JagoBallium

• Bay Watcher
  • Bringer of the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: March 23, 2013, 01:54:03 am »

To be fair, if we had time i completely intended to get you cloned into a human body.  So... pretend you are alive and human once more.

Happy ending as the former security borg joins the glorious whateveritisyouguyscallit.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 1654