Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122223 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1710 on: March 18, 2013, 01:46:58 pm »

Oh I agree, I meant more as an RP thing, is it ok to just say "screw that" when they start setting it up.

For example, in that round I'm a non-antag engineer. I don't like the idea of turrets being set up everywhere. I don't want to be called a griefer or something if I start sabotaging those turrets. 

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: March 18, 2013, 01:53:54 pm »

Oh I agree, I meant more as an RP thing, is it ok to just say "screw that" when they start setting it up.

For example, in that round I'm a non-antag engineer. I don't like the idea of turrets being set up everywhere. I don't want to be called a griefer or something if I start sabotaging those turrets.
And I asked before. I dont think Sec should be able to do so without getting an engineer to do it. Most jobs are simple enough after you learn them but RP wise I would assume that it is not so easy so that anyone can do everything.
There are ooc reasons to allow people to do some things though, like a lack of players or being able to use the cloner because sitting out the round just aint fun.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: March 18, 2013, 01:59:40 pm »

I'd say your best bet is to take it up with your superior officer.  Making your case IC to someone, or involving them in your plans is a much better way to avoid being seen as griefing.  Make it a part of the story that incorporates multiple characters.

That said, you shouldn't immediately suspect security because they are securing the station's access points.  A turret at the docks isn't that unreasonable thing for security to have in a normal station.  Remember from your character's point of view they are there to protect you from syndicate and alien threats.

I do think having engineering build things for you is good RP, you've got better things to do as security than build walls.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: March 18, 2013, 02:30:39 pm »

He managed to yell before he died, and the CE and RD were coming on the bridge after I shoved his corpse in his room. I chased them and killed them both outside the HoP's office, along with an assistant who was watching. I put them all in a locker and fired them out the mass driver. I renamed by ID to that of the CE and put on his hardsuit, but I forgot that I had set him to arrest and almost got ganked by beepsky. The shuttle had been called by me, so I just went to the escape arm and chilled out until it came. There was a miner who had watched me kill everyone, but he never showed up.
Cough you also missed about 15 shots trying to kill that CE and RD.

Also about when security had begun building turrents everywhere, and fortifying themselves.  We had managed to make a couple of the supply crew dissappear out on the mining area after they went to open a room.  Incidentally there was aliens in the room, but the changlings killed them before the facehugger did.  I do believe that later on the facehugger got someone as well.  So really, security arming up so much may have been kinda paranoid actions but they were perfectly valid to do so.  They just shouldn't of ever stepped outside the metal fortress.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 02:36:30 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: March 18, 2013, 02:36:59 pm »

I'd say your best bet is to take it up with your superior officer.  Making your case IC to someone, or involving them in your plans is a much better way to avoid being seen as griefing.  Make it a part of the story that incorporates multiple characters.

That said, you shouldn't immediately suspect security because they are securing the station's access points.  A turret at the docks isn't that unreasonable thing for security to have in a normal station.  Remember from your character's point of view they are there to protect you from syndicate and alien threats.

I do think having engineering build things for you is good RP, you've got better things to do as security than build walls.

That's well and good, but it's going to get pretty hard for antags if security just builds turrets everywhere at the beginning of the round.  It just seems a bit of a meta tactic to me

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: March 18, 2013, 02:37:57 pm »

Well... I was one of the antags there and actually managed to get sec on my side for awhile.... so no it wasn't too hard.
Nom nom nom

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: March 18, 2013, 02:39:27 pm »

Yeah, everyone can use the cloner because fuck being dead. Unless it's obvious that they are a traitor victim and all the medical staff dissapeared.

E: Chef is really fun tough. Except for the fact that chickens don't want to lay eggs :c

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: March 18, 2013, 02:40:37 pm »

If you lived aboard a remote space station where dangerous, potentially lethal, and never-before-seen experiments are conducted daily, the real question would be: why do we NOT have turrets everywhere?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: March 18, 2013, 02:44:00 pm »

Because hacking exists?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: March 18, 2013, 02:47:47 pm »

Because they shoot everything that's not an AI?

E:

TASTE OUR MYSTERY SOUP

IT HAS MYSTERY!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 02:59:45 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: March 18, 2013, 03:41:49 pm »

Possible Admin Round Idea:

INFESTATION!

Spawn so many spiders and spider-related things in the Construction area thing. After things get up and running, slowly start putting spiders and shit in the Maintenance tunnels. Crew must, upon discovering it, deal with the infestation. They also have no escape option, as CentCom won't risk the infestation spreading.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: March 18, 2013, 04:20:44 pm »

Isn't that just alien without the revive-into-alien-larva part?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: March 18, 2013, 05:03:17 pm »

Damn borgs. Damn AI!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: March 18, 2013, 05:24:21 pm »

I'm confused as to why when i reset the borgs like... 4 times. None of them became sec bots.
Nom nom nom

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: March 18, 2013, 05:24:46 pm »

Damn borgs. Damn AI!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was incredibly lucky: first, a borg saved me from death from a carp, and later a Virologist saved me from THE SAME borg when AI's gone rogue and it injected me with nastyshitness. Also managed to explore Derelict and bring God Emperor disk to station.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 1654