Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122246 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1695 on: March 18, 2013, 12:29:23 pm »

Service cyborgs can also throw out packs of ten space cash.
Cue supply enslaving cyborgs to do nothing but spit out money all of their life.

Aren't cyborgs enslaved to begin with? ??? I mean, that's kinda the whole point...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: March 18, 2013, 12:31:55 pm »

Hey, are new people welcome aboard the station? The game looks interesting and I'd like to give it a try.

Ofcourse. Not really anything is happening right now tough.

Are there set times when stuff goes on?
Well, weekends and american timezones in general.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: March 18, 2013, 12:33:32 pm »

Right now it'll probably pickup in a little bit, its afternoon on a weekday.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: March 18, 2013, 12:38:18 pm »

Cue supply enslaving cyborgs to do nothing but spit out money all of their life.
Nah, they can pull crates too. Get crates, QM stamps supply manifest, empty crate, borg sticks money in the crate, send it back.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: March 18, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »

This is likely to be removed at some point, but you wont get supply points fast with just ten's

edit: there is also plenty of cash around the station thats not in the vault. The whole point of this is to try to see if people will get cash via less than honorable methods and then bribe the QM/Cargo techs for some stuff they want in exchange for cash that the QM/Cargo techs can make themselves look good with.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:51:40 pm by Android »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: March 18, 2013, 12:58:44 pm »

We might need someway to get more of it eventually though. There might be more than I'm thinking, but sometimes we certainly take our time with the round length.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: March 18, 2013, 12:59:22 pm »

There's no scarcity in supply points right now though. Maybe it's just the populations that we run at, but there isn't really enough demand for supplies from the QM and supply points tend to accumulate.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: March 18, 2013, 01:07:56 pm »

I'd meant more in Android's 'bribe cargobay' sense than supply points. You don't need any help accumulating those, all you need is competent engineering.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: March 18, 2013, 01:08:14 pm »

Yeah, when I played QM we never were short on points, except one time when I was ordered to just buy one of each weapon and armor crate.  Which is probably not necessary anyway.

By the way, what's the proper response from the crew if security orders a mess of weapons, or start setting up turrets... I feel like they can't be allowed to just do that, at least not without a very good reason first.  And what can be done about turrets, once they're set up?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: March 18, 2013, 01:10:17 pm »

When in doubt as QM (or cargo tech), bring up the bureaucracy. Get them to ask the HoS, ask the Captain, ask anyone relevant and make paperwork.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: March 18, 2013, 01:14:25 pm »

By the way, what's the proper response from the crew if security orders a mess of weapons, or start setting up turrets... I feel like they can't be allowed to just do that, at least not without a very good reason first.  And what can be done about turrets, once they're set up?

Team up with Chemist and Miners, create EMP grenades. Team up with Roboticist/RD, make military mechs. Get a traitor to 'accidentally' drop his Emag and crack open a couple of QM crates. If you have anyone in command on your side, send a message to CentComm that a mutiny's a brewing, hopefully the admins will send in the ERT. Subvert AI if it doesn't want to be on your side. Oh, the possibilites!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: March 18, 2013, 01:17:10 pm »

or, you know, don't accept their orders until you get authorization from an higher authority.
when a security officer starts ordering tons of weapons to me, I tell him to go through HoS or captain first.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: March 18, 2013, 01:34:03 pm »

Yeah, when I played QM we never were short on points, except one time when I was ordered to just buy one of each weapon and armor crate.  Which is probably not necessary anyway.

RP it out.  What would you do if you were working as a purchaser for a city and the police dpt. ordered weapons.  Some people might give it a good old, "not my job to decide if they need it, I just order it for them"  while others might refuse to comply, or buy the weapons for them but alert the captain.  Be prepared for a negative reaction from security if you take it upon yourself to police them. 

I actually quite liked the way that round played out, the station had a captain that was more interested in other things, and the department heads pursued their own interests and developed factions out of their staff.  (It had a bit of an alpha centauri feel to it)  Security built themselves a fortress,  Research pursued technology advancements, engineering did their own thing. When things hit the fan factions emerged and loyalties were tested. I don't think there should be an OOC restriction on what security is allowed to do as long as they are RPing and not too Shitcurity.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: March 18, 2013, 01:37:06 pm »

Note to self, fortify Last Bastion of Sanity Mining outpost.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: March 18, 2013, 01:38:39 pm »

Note to self, fortify Last Bastion of Sanity Mining outpost.
Also expand it. You've got fucktons of metal out there and also plasteel if you want it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 1654