Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121246 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1440 on: March 15, 2013, 12:26:19 pm »

I have this thing where whenever I sleep my mind bombards me with creativity, so I thought of something from Doctor Who: In Silence of the Library, the archaeologists have communicators that use neural relays, and when one was to die, the neural relay would hold an imprint of their consciousness on the comms, a mere shadow of who it was linked to, but they would still say phrases and repeat things until they faded. What if our headsets were like that? Add a new level of creepy and whatnot. Thing is, probably takes much coding, merging code would be a nightmare, and people will metagame with it. But still, what if we did something like that? Just think. Think.

That's quite an interesting idea, but I think it's not exactly worth the effort, ghosts being hearable was once in, then got taken out (for a reason), and for all other purposes, creepiness is not desirable in all rounds (like Rev), while much called for in others (Changeling, ESPECIALLY Cult).

BTW, since I appear to have taken up reporting on them, BS12 had this interesting suggestion for Cult that would be an alternative to 'Spawn reskinned Singulo' - namely, after the summoning, shit would get REEEEALY creepy. You know, things like hallucinations, water turning into blood, weird-ass voices (Mindbreaker effect could be reused nicely), monsters appearing... basically, Silent Hill IN SPESS!

Well, if we used extremely strict rules and when you went to the relay, the screen where you would see where you were would be black, and a pop-up in the chat for you telling you YOU DO NOT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW YOU DIED.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 15, 2013, 01:07:41 pm »

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:14:01 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 15, 2013, 01:10:23 pm »

Join in the match. Go to Chemistry. Deathsquad guy chases me, tries to kill me. I disarm his ass, take his gun, and stun him. Take his sword and start stabbing him in the fucking face. Stab him for five [redacted] minutes straight, then he just gets up and kills me as I'm still stabbing him.

That is not [redacted] fun, and no it wasn't 'Deathsquad armor is ridiculous'. [redacted] five minutes of stabbing you with a energy sword is invinicibility and I refuse to play against [redacted] invincible motherfuckers when I never even get to be an antag. Someone needs to look into this [redacted] crap, because I'm [redacted] livid.

a) CALM DOWN! NOW! OR I KILL YOU! AAARGH! CALM DOWN NOOOOOOW!

b) Deathsquad is supposed to be invincible, they are perfectly balanced for their purposes, which is ending the round ASAP.

c) If you stunned him... why didn't you strip him off the armor?

EDIT:

d) I know this is quite derp... but are you sure you enabled all the antag options in job preferences AND joined before round start?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:12:09 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 15, 2013, 01:13:51 pm »

Yeah. I'll redact my post for now, but no. I disagree completely. I have all prefences enabled. Except cult.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 15, 2013, 02:21:36 pm »

b) Deathsquad is supposed to be invincible, they are perfectly balanced for their purposes, which is ending the round ASAP.

isn't there a restart function for this purpose though?

deathsquad might be fun for whichever one or two people get it, but for everyone else its just... ... ... ...

I feel your pain, hans, I FEEL IT

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 15, 2013, 02:22:48 pm »

Okay, I don't really want to bring this up again if it's still sore, but I'm curious to know two things.
  • Why was a death squad member chasing you? / Why was there a death squad at all?
  • How did you even manage to disarm him!
I've played a death squad member in an aliens round, and I have to point out that Aliens are notoriously hard to kill, and they couldn't even get remotely close to us. Killing someone as a death squaddie shouldn't really leave room for disarmament.

So, I simultaneously agree and disagree with you, Hans.
On the one hand, you should have died quickly. On the other, the fact you disarmed him means he should have died.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 15, 2013, 02:31:21 pm »

Chances are that an admin decided to spawn in as a death squad member, we don't even play as syndicate operatives often and death squad is even rarer. I assume after you knocked him down and started stabbing him, the admin went "Well that's bullshit." and healed himself. I don't know for sure though, but that sounds like what happened to me.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 15, 2013, 02:33:50 pm »

My only experience with death squad was as an alien, and yeah, they seem pretty ridiculous. I don't really understand the point of them, why not just end the round instead of just having no chance whatsoever as these guys shoot/laser sword you down? 

Ah well. I wouldn't get your blood pressure too high over it, it only seems to happen once in a while when an admin's bored.

And yeah, admins will sometimes decide to just get up after you kill them...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 15, 2013, 02:36:20 pm »

See, I admit that admins will sometimes do that. Although the only cases that I've personally done it is when I was running some kind of event on the station, and me dying would result in it being over. I don't know about the other admins, but unless it was vital to some kind of plan they had they shouldn't of even went in as a death squad in the first place.

Death Squad's are only supposed to be used when the station is absolutely fucked, and the dead players want to have some fun by trying to clear it out.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 15, 2013, 02:36:44 pm »

Chances are that an admin decided to spawn in as a death squad member, we don't even play as syndicate operatives often and death squad is even rarer. I assume after you knocked him down and started stabbing him, the admin went "Well that's bullshit." and healed himself. I don't know for sure though, but that sounds like what happened to me.

Psh. I knocked him down, took his gun. Then he stunned the HoS and I took the HoS's gun and stunned him. Then got his sword and suchlike. But whatever.
He's fucking with us.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 15, 2013, 02:38:40 pm »

I assume after you knocked him down and started stabbing him, the admin went "Well that's bullshit." and healed himself.
And yeah, admins will sometimes decide to just get up after you kill them...

Wasn't me. I assume it wasn't BD either. The only time I've healed myself to get out of death was as Nuclear Murder Monkey, and even then I had no intention of killing my attacker. I just needed to get on the shuttle, because that situation was too damn hilarious to have him fail. The round had been real damn boring beforehand, too.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 15, 2013, 03:33:15 pm »

The following Alien round was quite fun.  Aliens > Humans. But Humans w/ fire > Aliens. Plasma is the most effective weapon against teh alium menace by far. Hole up in atmos and seal your vents and weld your doors. Then flood the station with plasma and set DEM BUGS ON FIYAAAA.
He's fucking with us.

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 15, 2013, 03:34:25 pm »

Hahah. That round was awesome. Feeding plasma to aliens is great fun.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 15, 2013, 03:44:27 pm »

Also I know now how to flood the station with plasma. Thanks guys~

Er... *Ahem* Nothing to see here, citizen. Move along.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 15, 2013, 03:45:04 pm »

The following Alien round was quite fun.  Aliens > Humans. But Humans w/ fire > Aliens. Plasma is the most effective weapon against teh alium menace by far.
Aparently they're weak to fire. But also healed by plasma.

...If only they had some sort of scaling Laser resistance. ::)
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 1654