Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121103 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1425 on: March 14, 2013, 07:38:19 pm »

So, Welder sprites that I made/found one of them but mostly made! Have them!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hopefully someone is good enough at coding to put them in if they feel like it!

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 14, 2013, 07:51:20 pm »

They should have a welding mask, if you are basing off of the welder of the Chzo Mythos. Also, not much sense in a Welder with no welding mask.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 14, 2013, 07:53:20 pm »

Well yeah, but he wouldn't draw one onto the sprite.

They look really good, ShoesandHats!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: March 14, 2013, 07:58:48 pm »

They should have a welding mask, if you are basing off of the welder of the Chzo Mythos. Also, not much sense in a Welder with no welding mask.

I'm pretty sure I just need the base sprite of a guy wearing the apron. If I had to make a sprite for every possible combination of clothing that could be worn with the apron, then I've got a hell of a lot more work to do.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 14, 2013, 08:12:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure I just need the base sprite of a guy wearing the apron. If I had to make a sprite for every possible combination of clothing that could be worn with the apron, then I've got a hell of a lot more work to do.

Makes sense. Oh, and your sprites look fantastic. Wish I was that good.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 14, 2013, 09:11:23 pm »

So, I went AFK in my office (Head of Security) and was made a changeling during the time. I took my usual evolutions: paralysis & silence sting. My objectives were to absorb three genomes, kill the chemist, take the captain's antique laser, then escape on the shuttle alive.

After absorbing the wounded engineer in medbay I was walking through the halls with the HoP when wormholes came. I accidentally fell into one and went into space. I made multiple jumps, then landed on the solars. Then I dropped dead. It took multiple resurrections, but I got back in. After that, I ran around for a bit hunting Captain Jay Wright. Then the shuttle was called. I walk onto the bridge and cancel the shuttle, then drag over a locker and hide it in. Captain Wright comes back in and I pop out and fire my energy gun multiple times, then cuff him and absorb him. I take his ID, drag his corpse into his personal restroom, then take his antique laser.

The HoP Dave Hamman (who was a traitor) and I made an agreement that I would find his corpse in space and clone him. In return, he would get me the laser. Since I already had it, I just left his corpse to float in the void and moved on. The chemist had left the game and ran off to god knows where, so the admin who made me the changeling just axed that objective and left me with the other three.

I run to medbay, walk into CMO Luna Wood's office, drag her braindead person into a patient room, and absorb her. I had reached my quota, so I just walked to the shuttle and waited. While I was going there, I ran into Randall B Evans, the CE who had just joined. I walk up to him, start rambling about how the station had gone mad, then whispered "And I'm the cause" before getting him with a paralysis sting and cuffing him. He managed to get up and run after I put the cuffs on, so I stunned him with my gun, absorbed him, then tossed his corpse in a locker. From there, I just waited for the shuttle and left. I forgot how much fun being a changeling could be.

At the end, apparently the engineer in medbay was a changeling along with myself. Dave Hamman and Jay Wright were traitors.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:13:49 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 14, 2013, 09:38:09 pm »

Wow, I wish I didn't have to go I would've killed you changeling! ran away as fast as I could. Anyways sounds pretty intense!

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 15, 2013, 10:47:47 am »

Had my first successful round as a rev head yesterday (different server).

The key to success: do nothing. Flash a few people in your department and then let them do all the work :D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:51:57 am by TripJack »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 15, 2013, 10:52:12 am »

Changeling sounds fun...

But just being absorbed by a random bro that pops out from a maintenance shaft isn't really fun.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 15, 2013, 11:31:14 am »

I was getting set up as a rev, the QM was also a rev. It was just us and the three heads we had to kill.  HoS, HoP, and captain.

I had swiped a security locker and had it hidden in the incinerator room.  The QM had been busted ordering weapons crates, so I figured I should keep my distance.  I was about to go knock out comms, but got jumped by a spider.  I was killed by it, but got cloned.  I woke up blind, tried to flash the new doctor, and no go. Then i realized I wasn't a rev anymore.  And the QM had apparently gone braindead or something worse.  So it looked like the revolution was over before it really got started.

Since my character had been a rev since the beginning, I decided that I should play him as being terribly depressed, since his whole reason for existing on the station had been taken from him.  I drank everything at the bar, tried to go space myself, couldn't get anywhere because I was so drunk, and just went to sleep in the hallway.

It was a sad ending after I felt like I had a decent setup going...

In a rev round, what happens to the new department heads that join? Like we got a CE and a medical head, but my notes didn't show them as targets.  Could they be flashed into being revs?

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 15, 2013, 11:47:42 am »

Changeling sounds fun...

But just being absorbed by a random bro that pops out from a maintenance shaft isn't really fun.
True, changelings are meant to change. But we all fail at that point. :3
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 15, 2013, 11:56:37 am »

I have this thing where whenever I sleep my mind bombards me with creativity, so I thought of something from Doctor Who: In Silence of the Library, the archaeologists have communicators that use neural relays, and when one was to die, the neural relay would hold an imprint of their consciousness on the comms, a mere shadow of who it was linked to, but they would still say phrases and repeat things until they faded. What if our headsets were like that? Add a new level of creepy and whatnot. Thing is, probably takes much coding, merging code would be a nightmare, and people will metagame with it. But still, what if we did something like that? Just think. Think.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 15, 2013, 12:06:16 pm »

I know a SS13 remake is in the works but in the mean time, how hard would it be to 'port' (i'm so newb when it comes to programming things.) SS13 to Java, cause I know Animal Forest did this and that was a BYOND game. Just a thought.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 15, 2013, 12:07:43 pm »

I have this thing where whenever I sleep my mind bombards me with creativity, so I thought of something from Doctor Who: In Silence of the Library, the archaeologists have communicators that use neural relays, and when one was to die, the neural relay would hold an imprint of their consciousness on the comms, a mere shadow of who it was linked to, but they would still say phrases and repeat things until they faded. What if our headsets were like that? Add a new level of creepy and whatnot. Thing is, probably takes much coding, merging code would be a nightmare, and people will metagame with it. But still, what if we did something like that? Just think. Think.

That's quite an interesting idea, but I think it's not exactly worth the effort, ghosts being hearable was once in, then got taken out (for a reason), and for all other purposes, creepiness is not desirable in all rounds (like Rev), while much called for in others (Changeling, ESPECIALLY Cult).

BTW, since I appear to have taken up reporting on them, BS12 had this interesting suggestion for Cult that would be an alternative to 'Spawn reskinned Singulo' - namely, after the summoning, shit would get REEEEALY creepy. You know, things like hallucinations, water turning into blood, weird-ass voices (Mindbreaker effect could be reused nicely), monsters appearing... basically, Silent Hill IN SPESS!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 15, 2013, 12:25:44 pm »

In a rev round, what happens to the new department heads that join? Like we got a CE and a medical head, but my notes didn't show them as targets.  Could they be flashed into being revs?

Only the heads who join at round start are considered targets, those who join later are not. I'm not sure whether these new heads could turn into revs or not, but I don't think so. But I've never tried or hear about someone who tried so... no idea. I can see it going either way, to be honest.

BTW, since I appear to have taken up reporting on them, BS12 had this interesting suggestion for Cult that would be an alternative to 'Spawn reskinned Singulo' - namely, after the summoning, shit would get REEEEALY creepy. You know, things like hallucinations, water turning into blood, weird-ass voices (Mindbreaker effect could be reused nicely), monsters appearing... basically, Silent Hill IN SPESS!

So long as some cosmic horror-terror eventually shows up to end the round, that'd be a great idea. Just letting the round go on and on would be a terrible idea though.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:30:12 pm by USEC_OFFICER »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 1654