Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121274 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1410 on: March 14, 2013, 01:53:12 pm »

They were charging from the APC, probably.

Either way, the teleporter needs to be fixed. The small, tiny hand teleporters? Teleport right every time.
Big teleporter? RIGHT INTO MIDDLE OF SPACE.

Makes sense to me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 14, 2013, 02:29:12 pm »

Either way, the teleporter needs to be fixed. The small, tiny hand teleporters? Teleport right every time.
Big teleporter? RIGHT INTO MIDDLE OF SPACE.

Makes sense to me.
Huh. It's always been the other way around for me. I've never gotten a handtele to work, but the primary teleporter always hits the mark.

Also, setting up any kind of power can be delayed if someone with high clearance is willing to run around replacing all the power cells. Weirdly the chargers work from APCs, but can recharge a power cell without using a huge amount of power.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 14, 2013, 02:31:38 pm »

I once had absurd amount of luck with hand tele: I broke into captain's office and felt like a dumbass, since the table separated me and the goodies. I grabbed the hand tele, created a portal... whoosh, I'm behind captain's desk. Cue ID forging, etcetera, etcetera...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 14, 2013, 02:38:15 pm »

But can you actually lock handteles on to a beacon? That would make them much more useful.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 14, 2013, 02:58:41 pm »

But can you actually lock handteles on to a beacon? That would make them much more useful.
Not when you are trying to get behind the captains desk, Plus you need access to the teleporter room.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 14, 2013, 03:00:56 pm »

Yeah, I think you have to lock into the beacon with the big one first.

Oh, and I "won" as alium for the first time! I was BOB JAMES, but I was dead by teleporter. And then I was an alien larva in atmospherics. So I evolved, but I accidently picked sentinel instead of drone, so BROKEN DREAMS D: D:

But I crawled to xenobiology, but found myself unable to leave xenobiology trough the vent, because crawl trough vent decided to break. So I started planting weeds, and murdered some guy in a firefighter suit messing in toxins for god knows what reason. After that I went up to the hallway, planted some weed in medbay, and noticed the two remaining survivors: the captain and a guy in a security hardsuit. They cleverly dodged me and fled to the shuttle. I managed to neurotoxin the guy in the security hardsuit in the escape hallway, but then I noticed the shuttle would leave in 7 seconds, so I scrambled to the shuttle with the captain on it. I made it. The captain had buckled in, I planted a weed and then decided to spit neurotoxin at him. Then I bludgeoned him to death for one minute. VICTORY!

In short, weed and acid saved me.

Also.

YOU KILLED BOB JAMES. BE ASHAMED!

E: I just realized one other thing that saved my life. I built a turret frame in the middle of medbay as BOB JAMES, wich the CMO pushed out. The guy in the security hardsuit accidently walked against it in the middle of the hallway, slowing him down enough to neurotoxin him. Else I would have been fucked. Aaaaw yis. Thank you, BOB JAMES!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:12:29 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 14, 2013, 03:18:46 pm »

Nope. Lights and equipment were off. The machines that separate and bottled the chemicals didn't work, but the dispensers still did (and they recharged too).
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 14, 2013, 03:20:48 pm »

Nope. Lights and equipment were off. The machines that separate and bottled the chemicals didn't work, but the dispensers still did (and they recharged too).
Weird.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 14, 2013, 04:11:02 pm »

Whenever I set up Singularity I always seem to have enough time. Strange maybe it's because I work fast.

I just noticed I lurk a lot more than contributing, any tips on how to break this habit of mine?
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 14, 2013, 05:00:42 pm »

Yeah, if you start as engineer at round start, if you know what you're doing, there's plenty of time to get it started. Show up 5 minutes late as the only engineer, and it gets dicey.

So the temp server's down? Oh well...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:02:35 pm by Damiac »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 14, 2013, 05:05:03 pm »

Yeah, if you start as engineer at round start, if you know what you're doing, there's plenty of time to get it started. Show up 5 minutes late as the only engineer, and it gets dicey.
I think you've got atleast 5% charge on the SMES, just turn one off and if you really want to you could turn the emitters for a little while to charge the field generators and turn them off, after that just do what you normally do and turn the SMES on when you start the singo

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 14, 2013, 05:22:57 pm »

Or just turn the output from the SMESs off at round start.
All APCs come with a battery that should be plenty until you get it set up.
That depends. If you're actually setting up the singularity during that time, then yeah, sure. However, if you're trying to use that time to install a failsafe and it takes longer than expected... and those batteries run out... and a carp migration happens right when you (the station's only engineer) are trying to set up the solars...

And did I mention the batteries, including the ones to Genetics, had failed?

Oh, and fool that I was I think I turned SMES back on halfway through installation of the failsafe b/c the crew were complaining.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:37:22 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 14, 2013, 05:36:36 pm »

So the temp server's down? Oh well...

its up now
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 14, 2013, 07:03:00 pm »

Man, we had a proper space burial for Ian after he was killed by spiders. I later acted an improv show where a pirate abducts a rich man, the HoP was the rich man and I was the pirate. I've never seen Ian get properly buried...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 14, 2013, 07:04:14 pm »

I think thats one of the only rounds where I successfully got the singularity running, all the solar collectors operating, repaired everything and still had time to kill spiders and clean up the station. 
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 1654