Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121640 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1350 on: March 13, 2013, 12:57:48 pm »

"WE ARE DOOMED"
"WE ARE GOING TO DIE"
"SAVE YOURSELF"
Sounds like your average carp-damned/spider-filled/vineificated/singulo-eaten station.
Nope. Guess the gamemode. You get one hint:

It's a synonym for lag.
Meteor?
Ding ding ding.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 13, 2013, 01:51:37 pm »

Does anyone else share my fetish for custom-built, secluded control centers? Basically go somewhere nobody ever visits, like the abandoned office in the arrival corridor or the pirate radio station, then build every single station computer there and just bolt yourself in. It makes you seem like a pseudo-AI.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 13, 2013, 02:07:25 pm »

HUEHUEHUE! Force feeding LSD burgers and making people high is damn funny.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 13, 2013, 02:10:40 pm »

To be fair, there was one instance recently where the singo got loose near the beginning, and we managed to set another one up, which worked fine for the next 2 hours of the round.

If you're referring to the round I'm thinking of, I'm the one who put it back together for the most part, though someone did help rebuild the platform.  I thought that was pretty cool.

But that was the one time i've seen the singularity not eat the station. Usually it goes into engineering and eats everything.  One bag of holding somewhere on the station would make for some interesting rounds, with a half eaten station.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 13, 2013, 02:14:14 pm »

I think the singularity should be more easily destroyed. Maybe just start the station with one bag of holding?  It'd be fun (For me at least) to try to rebuild half the station after it got eaten.

The only thing really stopping R&D from churning out bags of holding en mass is materials 6, with essentially requires a miner or someone to play with an autolathe built by the researcher (using advanced parts) until it breaks.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 13, 2013, 02:33:36 pm »

If the singularity gets loose there is nothing you can do to stop it short of hoping it randomly moves away from the station.
Not true. There is an item that can stop it, albeit a very expensive, very useful one. But what good is carrying 7 backpacks around if the station is dead?

edit: I see that was already mentioned.

I think the singularity should be more easily destroyed. Maybe just start the station with one bag of holding?  It'd be fun (For me at least) to try to rebuild half the station after it got eaten.

I guess you really would need the ability to make or order SMES's though, because odds are the singularity would get those pretty much right away.
On my test server, which I leave running for days at a time, I leave a bag in the PA room. Of course, that makes it ridiculously easy for whoever is setting the singulo loose to steal, without there being some way to lock that darn chamber.

At the moment it isn't doing anything, since the singularity somehow managed to sneak out the back of the field and dissipate while I wasn't looking. I think the power to the field failed because the singulo shrank to too small of a size for too long, but I'm really not sure. Could also have been spiders. Entire station is crawling with them.

The only thing really stopping R&D from churning out bags of holding en mass is materials 6
Also diamonds. Don't forget the diamonds. Yes, miners can find them, but not in very large quantities.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:45:46 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 13, 2013, 02:46:12 pm »

Oh, hey, we have an AI thats fucking over everyone without any reason, another AI that does fucknothing because "ZE OTHER AI IS IN A MORE COMFORTABLE POZITION!", and everyone goes "OH, THIS IS FUN! I LOVE DIEING 5 TIMES IN A ROW!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 13, 2013, 02:48:22 pm »

HUEHUEHUE! Force feeding LSD burgers and making people high is damn funny.

Food and Chemistry generally make sweet, sweet love. People tend to be quite reckless in regards to their food and drink occasionally, which allows you to spike them with psychedelics, acids, viruses... more devious schemes, if you are both a bartender and a chef with access to chemicals could involve spiking two different helpings of food/drink with reagents creating another chemical upon consumption.

Oh, and a fun trick, about which I sadly forgotten during the Pukestation 13 round: season your food with Mint before serving it to a fat customer. Enjoy.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 13, 2013, 03:03:35 pm »

Oh, hey, we have an AI thats fucking over everyone without any reason, another AI that does fucknothing because "ZE OTHER AI IS IN A MORE COMFORTABLE POZITION!", and everyone goes "OH, THIS IS FUN! I LOVE DIEING 5 TIMES IN A ROW!"
Well someone asked if there was an enemy. I set one up and then went to learn how to use the AI controls better, including Malf. I didn't expect Tycho to kill everyone in the meantime.

ALSO, CHECK WHICH AI YOU ARE ATTACKING WHEN THERES MORE THAN ONE. You people shorted the wrong one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 13, 2013, 03:19:03 pm »

Sounds like I missed an amazing round.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 13, 2013, 03:26:58 pm »

Not really.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 13, 2013, 03:28:33 pm »

Well someone asked if there was an enemy. I set one up and then went to learn how to use the AI controls better, including Malf. I didn't expect Tycho to kill everyone in the meantime.

I... didn't expect to kill everyone in the meantime either. Bit too enthusiastic with the electrified doors and air siphons, and once everyone started respawning in the shuttle I saw no real point to stop. Sorry about that folks, though from what I'd seen we didn't exactly lose an interesting round.

Sounds like I missed an amazing round.

A lot of other people loved it, apparently. I was not one of those people, though I certainly didn't hate it as much as Miauw. It was definitively more of a dicking around with mechanics round than an RP one.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 13, 2013, 04:18:59 pm »

now, I rush in captain's quarters, and modify my ID then I order a weapons crate, and stock up on weapons. and then, I disable comms, before anyone knows anything happened to captain.
and so I begin culling the crew. the HoS alone stands up to me. reactivating comms and hunting me.
Luckily, I meet him just after trying to sabotage comms again, and I stun him and kill him. Then, I could finally call shuttle unopposed, and escape alone.
My part: After noticing comms was down, I went to investigate. Apparently, the HoS has no comms access. I went into the engine room and found the dear CE dead, so I dragged him to comms, grabbed his body, and threw it at the door. Zing! It opened. I walk in and use his ID (which I spent several minutes trying to find, I had no idea you could put IDs in PDAs) to power up the control room APC. I spent several MORE minutes trying to figure out how to bring the machines back online until it dawned on me that there might be another APC in there. I stripped him of his hardsuit, put it on, went in, and turned the stuff back on. I put his gear back on him and went to genetics to clone him.

Then comms died again. I stripped the CE of his gear and ID since he was braindead. I go back there to find the exact same situation. Turn it back on, same old, same old. I expected you to come back, so I turned out the lights and hid in the oxygen locker. After a call or two of people dying, I decided that the only person capable of taking you down was probably me, so I left and went to the bridge. I came in the east exit, checked the vitals computer, and found that Randall was dead in disposal. I left through the open west exit to find him and bumped into you at cargo bay. We exchange shots for a bit until I run off and start hunting you.

I decided to check comms again because that's probably where you would be in order to kill the radios again. I stand outside the door and say "testing" over the radio, then you opened the door right as I hit the enter key and I got shot in the face before I could react. Then I was murdered. THE END :P

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 13, 2013, 05:38:02 pm »

So. I tried making bombs for the first time and was putting it in the mass driver to see it at the test range.

Note to self: Do not open the valve manually.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 13, 2013, 05:39:54 pm »

:))

Note: This helpful and worthwhile post has been proudly brought to you by DAHAHAHAHA Enterprises, inc.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:41:34 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 1654