Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121749 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1320 on: March 13, 2013, 10:27:20 am »

I wish this server was a lot larger. I had an idea earlier to play as an assistant, basically acting like a reporter. But it wouldn't really work iwithout a LOT of other players.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 13, 2013, 10:30:28 am »

I wish this server was a lot larger. I had an idea earlier to play as an assistant, basically acting like a reporter. But it wouldn't really work iwithout a LOT of other players.

Good idea, but you might want to pick Librarian instead (in fact, one of his BS12 alt titles is Journalist), as he has access to all the stuff needed to do reporting.

Haven't ghosts been around for forever? And wouldn't it have been worse before, because you could hear ghosts, yknow, talk?

Yes, they have, but them hearing it was one of the arguments why it had been ruled out of existence.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 13, 2013, 10:31:17 am »

Gamerlord, that's called librarian. There's a reason you have a private newscaster and a camera behind your desk.

FakeE: Ninja'd

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 13, 2013, 10:32:28 am »

Gamerlord, that's called librarian. There's a reason you have a private newscaster and a camera behind your desk.

FakeE: Ninja'd

HAI!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 13, 2013, 10:33:12 am »

For some reason, that reminds me: What happens when a round ends? Does the game start over, and we get a fresh new station, or does something else happen?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: March 13, 2013, 10:34:45 am »

One would have assumed that ERP is extended rather than erotic, considering that extended is a standard gamemode while erotic roleplay is just sexhaving/cybersexing etc... why would you need an abbreviation for something that a niche population would do?

round ends and the server restarts.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 13, 2013, 10:35:56 am »

For some reason, that reminds me: What happens when a round ends? Does the game start over, and we get a fresh new station, or does something else happen?

Hopefully, we get shuttled of to CentComm, then the server restarts and it SHOULD make us pick a gamemode via a vote, but it's sadly broken for some reason. The jobs get rerolled according to character's job preferences, and the round starts in a brand new station to be traitorified into pieces.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 13, 2013, 10:37:00 am »

Server's empty again. But lag has gotten better. Might wanna join now.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 13, 2013, 10:42:45 am »

One would have assumed that ERP is extended rather than erotic, considering that extended is a standard gamemode while erotic roleplay is just sexhaving/cybersexing etc... why would you need an abbreviation for something that a niche population would do?

http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Erotic_Roleplay
Same goes for BS12, but they don't have a page to linkify to it. You can see it in their Space Law page if you must.

I am slightly afraid it wasn't that niche of a population, at least on some servers, as it apparently was common enough to warrant this abbreviation. Gamemodes tend to be reffered to by full name anyway, and most are slightly abbreviated in themselves (traitorchan, for instance).

And while we're at gamemodes, can we get AutoTraitor gamemode? BS12 and, I think, /tg/ have it, and it's a very nice improvement over traitor (it's traitor with additional traitors added should others be AFK for a long time, inactive or killed or what have you).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 13, 2013, 10:45:50 am »

What is traitorchan anyway? Autotraitor sounds nice tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 13, 2013, 10:48:24 am »

Traitorchan is traitor + changeling. Meaning more objectives, but also more gear.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 13, 2013, 10:49:06 am »

Lies and slander.

Traitor-chan is traitor in animu-mode, desu~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 13, 2013, 10:52:52 am »

Traitorchan is traitor + changeling. Meaning more objectives, but also more gear.

I don't think that's precise. It's simply regular traitor with one changeling thrown in for a good measure, so technically there are more objectives total, but traitors can have redundant objectives (meaning yes, you have to fight over that captain's laser with someone on your side, technically).

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 13, 2013, 10:53:36 am »

I don't think that's precise. It's simply regular traitor with one changeling thrown in for a good measure, so technically there are more objectives total, but traitors can have redundant objectives (meaning yes, you have to fight over that captain's laser with someone on your side, technically).
I am pretty sure that it's a traitorling.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 13, 2013, 10:54:44 am »

I am pretty sure that it's a traitorling.

There is no such thing as traitorling :3
Only traitorchan.

EDIT: checked it, you CAN become both traitor and 'ling, but it's very rare. Normally, it's just two types of antags on one ship.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 1654