Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121815 times)

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1305 on: March 13, 2013, 01:17:34 am »

The war of the God Emperor of Mankind was won, by the being formerly known as Jay Wright. His main adversary, the man who first received the disk, John Doe, opposed him to the bitter end. And end that came in the genetics lab. Laser blasts had decorated the hallways, lit up darkened corridors of medbay, and the robust *thud* of a toolbox had been heard as well. The two opponents back off from each other... but John Doe does so limping towards the genetics lab. Clearly mad from his exile through nearby space, he wears the wig of a clown on top of his NASA voidsuit as he carries a suspicious toolbox that contains a dead alien.

He limps, nearly dead from the earlier fight, up to the nearest genetics station. He sees a genetic identity structure is saved. Another taunt roars through the comms from the God Emperor while the station whirs to life preparing another injector. He had been so close before, last time in this lab... right before he had been arrested, lost the disk, and got exiled. However now he is so much closer as he picks up his glorious creation. With the God Emperor closing in, John Doe desperately injects himself before collapsing unconscious and dying in a closet. He doesn't die as John Doe. The injector had done its job, and turned him into.... Jay Wright.

Ya know, I shoulda known that one computer would have the God Emperor injector and the other would have the creator's backup identity injector. Gha. So close.

edit: Also, I was sorta off-station for much of the middle of that round. What all was going on in there? Why was the armoury exploded?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:19:24 am by Endymion »
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 13, 2013, 01:18:39 am »

The God Emperor of Mankind shall live on!
Really? On a ship with no hardsuits and no air? I don't see how that's going to happen.

Captains hardsuits and security hardsuits. Also, mining outpost... Haha, it was meant to be more of a philosophical statement. As in: He shall live on in our hearts and minds and laser burns...

EDIT:

The war of the God Emperor of Mankind was won, by the being formerly known as Jay Wright. His main adversary, the man who first received the disk, John Doe, opposed him to the bitter end. And end that came in the genetics lab. Laser blasts had decorated the hallways, lit up darkened corridors of medbay, and the robust *thud* of a toolbox had been heard as well. The two opponents back off from each other... but John Doe does so limping towards the genetics lab. Clearly mad from his exile through nearby space, he wears the wig of a clown on top of his NASA voidsuit as he carries a suspicious toolbox that contains a dead alien.

He limps, nearly dead from the earlier fight, up to the nearest genetics station. He sees a genetic identity structure is saved. Another taunt roars through the comms from the God Emperor while the station whirs to life preparing another injector. He had been so close before, last time in this lab... right before he had been arrested, lost the disk, and got exiled. However now he is so much closer as he picks up his glorious creation. With the God Emperor closing in, John Doe desperately injects himself before collapsing unconscious and dying in a closet. He doesn't die as John Doe. The injector had done its job, and turned him into.... Jay Wright.

THIS^
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:20:27 am by Glloyd »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 13, 2013, 01:57:13 am »

I quite liked playing Paladin, and look forward to trying out Tyrant or Corporate. (I imagine that the latter two would be good in case of a revolution round.)

I think Tyrant would be the most fun for Rev. Corporate is based on money and minimizing costs. It doesn't care too much about who's running the station, so long as the spice flows (to paraphrase from Dune). It doesn't want to see the conflict intensify, but shimmer down so that work can proceed as normal. It might be cool seeing a Corporate AI try to organize talks between the two groups, especially if they hate each others guts and launch simultaneous ambushes at the meeting. Plus the rebels would more incentive to negotiate with a Corporate AI about joining their side, which is always cool.

Tyrant is instead based on power, respect, and quid pro quo, giving more opportunities for double-dealing and back-stabbing for the AI. You can support the heads since they have the authority, you can support the rebels if they have the power to overthrow the heads. You could even play the two sides off one another until you bargain a deal that really benefits you. Plus you have more... justification to help the side that you support. I'd think that it'd be fun.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 13, 2013, 02:01:11 am »

In the case of the Tyrant you can even interpret the laws as allowing you to support the person who could do the most damage to the station, for if you can kill everyone, doesn't that make you the most powerful?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 13, 2013, 05:44:06 am »

In the case of the Tyrant you can even interpret the laws as allowing you to support the person who could do the most damage to the station, for if you can kill everyone, doesn't that make you the most powerful?
Although the reasoning would be a bit weak, if the AI would want to it could.
First law does not tell you to obey the strong, the bomber is not an authority figure and blowing up the station is indiscriminate and the victims cannot submit to the bombers rule.
But if the crew in majority announce that they will obey, then the situation changes as the bomber has turned into the one with the largest following.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 13, 2013, 07:10:13 am »

I'm in Space station 13. The Porsche guy has tourettes, it seems.
Anyway, I'm Eyern Tomato, as you may have noticed. I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does.
HALP. HALP. HALP.
Either asketh OOC, or asketh the wiki(eth).
Wiki is in yonder OP.
Nevermind, Randall Evans and the cap'n taught me some things, and I figured out the rest.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 13, 2013, 07:49:14 am »

I'm glad you're figuring stuff out. I was Randall B Evans.

That round got pretty nasty a little while after you left.  The crew suddenly started dropping like flies to a traitor.  I thought there wasn't a traitor at all, so I was pretty suprised to be brutally gunned down out of the blue.  Nicely played Andrea

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 13, 2013, 09:07:17 am »

Same Damiac.  I was the Research Director, and was just going to try to get myself some more materials to research, and was gunned down by the traitor I didn't know existed.  I thought it was an ERP round. :p

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 13, 2013, 09:33:16 am »

That was a fun round, playing as chaplain was more fun than I expected.  The timing on that flood of radiation from the vengeful space gods couldn't have been better.  I will admit having tourettes made it hard to do just about anything. It took me about 20 minutes to just write "THE END IS NEAR" across the floor.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 13, 2013, 09:43:38 am »

Captain with Tourettes?

Wouldn't that cause hilarious situations like the captain yelling "CAPTAIN IS A CONDOM!"?

Either way, I'm sad nobody turned into a monkey.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 13, 2013, 09:46:50 am »

PTW
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 13, 2013, 10:18:27 am »

I'm glad you're figuring stuff out. I was Randall B Evans.

That round got pretty nasty a little while after you left.  The crew suddenly started dropping like flies to a traitor.  I thought there wasn't a traitor at all, so I was pretty suprised to be brutally gunned down out of the blue.  Nicely played Andrea
Hehehe. If only I could've stayed a bit longer. I started grinning after I meant to cook bread, but I cooked raw spaghetti because I accidentally put too much wheat into the microwave. I had to quickly put it on the counter in front of Alec and quit, heh.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 13, 2013, 10:18:41 am »

I thought it was an ERP round. :p

I hope you know what you're saying and saying it as a joke.

If not, ERP = Erotic Roleplaying, something that was once allowed but is now highly frowned upon, because ghosts.

Extended is Extended, plain and simple.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: March 13, 2013, 10:21:25 am »

Haven't ghosts been around for forever? And wouldn't it have been worse before, because you could hear ghosts, yknow, talk?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 13, 2013, 10:22:35 am »

I think everyone on this server refers to extended roleplay as ERP mode.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 1654