Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121820 times)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1275 on: March 12, 2013, 05:50:56 pm »

Well, okay, to be fair I quite like mimes too... But I really don't think I could chose one over the other.
Especially not in an event which would end in one of the poor sods getting spaced. Or worse.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: March 12, 2013, 06:49:30 pm »

EDIT2: Why is it when people hulk out, other people tend to beat the shit or shoot the shit out of said person, as opposed to sedating them?

RP-wise, it makes more sense. When there's a giant green dude yelling and smashing down windows in front of you, you're more likely to shoot first and ask questions later. Also, I didn't kill you, it just stopped you from hulking.

EDIT: IAN.  :'( Be free among the stars little buddy.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:04:57 pm by Glloyd »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 12, 2013, 06:50:53 pm »

EDIT2: Why is it when people hulk out, other people tend to beat the shit or shoot the shit out of said person, as opposed to sedating them?

RP-wise, it makes more sense. When there's a giant green dude yelling and smashing down windows in front of you, you're more likely to shoot first and ask questions later.

EDIT: IAN. :( Be free among the stars little buddy.

Stun weaponry is ineffective against hulks. Tranq them or kill them. Or you could injure them until they pass out, but bleh.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 12, 2013, 06:55:54 pm »

You shouldn't be attacking the hulk without a good reason anyway. It's part of the geneticist's job to find that stuff.
Instead, you should ask to be hulked yourself. Duh.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 12, 2013, 06:57:44 pm »

I wasn't hulked via genetics.

It was via radiation storm.

o.o You lucky bastard. All I ever get from radiation storms is missing hair or tourette's.
He's fucking with us.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 12, 2013, 07:31:05 pm »

I'm in Space station 13. The Porsche guy has tourettes, it seems.
Anyway, I'm Eyern Tomato, as you may have noticed. I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does.
HALP. HALP. HALP.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1281 on: March 12, 2013, 07:34:14 pm »

Always a good method for taking down Hulks. Chloral-Hydrate/Polytrinic-Acid Gas Bombs. KO's them (or at least slows them down) and kills them at the same time (as well as just about anyone and anything within it's vicinity). Advice: if you're going to beaker it (easier to do due to extra space of concentrating and mixing more types of chems), wear a gas mask and an external tank.

Just in case you need a bit more security in pulling it off, you can always make space-lube foam-nades. Unfortunately, you can't melt anything under a polytrinic-acid-foam. I tried it on Pun Pun, and he was not phased at all. Making an army of mutated monkeys won't help either, since they react to mutagen like toxic (and spaz out like a bunch of monkeys), and you'll have to mess them up the traditional gene-modification way.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:40:56 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 12, 2013, 07:46:10 pm »

I'm in Space station 13. The Porsche guy has tourettes, it seems.
Anyway, I'm Eyern Tomato, as you may have noticed. I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does.
HALP. HALP. HALP.
Either asketh OOC, or asketh the wiki(eth).
Wiki is in yonder OP.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 12, 2013, 07:50:04 pm »

To whoever was the AI G.R.I.T(or something)
Announcing that laws has been changed is a bit boring, And you kinda have to have mercy on the traitor as its very easy to spot them as the AI.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 12, 2013, 07:55:20 pm »

To whoever was the AI G.R.I.T(or something)
Announcing that laws has been changed is a bit boring, And you kinda have to have mercy on the traitor as its very easy to spot them as the AI.

This. Instead of announcing it, just do something that makes someone ask you what your laws are. :P
He's fucking with us.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 12, 2013, 07:59:54 pm »

On TGStation, when late joining a round, I once had an AI lock me into toxins as a scientist right after I walked in for the first time, because a traitor 'made' some bombs. (Likely just C4)

I also dislike how AI players think that they can kill a person 'to save the lives of others'
ASIMOV DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT, DAMNIT.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 12, 2013, 08:29:50 pm »

I also dislike how AI players think that they can kill a person 'to save the lives of others'
ASIMOV DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT, DAMNIT.
That is stupid. It outright says that you cannot be the cause of harm to humans.
The fun with playing AI is to try to act as a computer would, not a paranoid overlord. You figured out who the traitor is? Fine, Then you know who to watch.
You see the traitor inside HoPs office? Transmit on the security channel that theres a trespasser in the office. Do they order you to close the doors, do so. Maybe they run to the office. If they do not order you anything then let it be.
The only problem is when people do not 'use' you at all, Then you might have to take the initiative to lead them on a bit.

I would be nice to have a list of standard procedures or conduct that the AI should assume is written into its code.
There's a bunch of things that the AI can do at the round start, Bar doors, Fix the pressure in atmos, adjust SMES, assist in engineering.
A bunch of things should probably be ordered by the player in command.

Also, If you ever get laws added you should try to find loopholes or if you can do it in an interesting way, take them literary.
Theres a few AI core modules that replaces Asimov.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Take "Law 2: Respect legitimate authority." for example.
Do you obey station hierarchy or just respect them? Respect is not the same as obey after all.
Who is the legitimate authority? The ones that built and supply the station or YOU that basically is the station.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:45:17 pm by Ivefan »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 12, 2013, 08:36:24 pm »

Don't know if this was mentioned, but the AI also needs to know when to let someone die. A few days ago? A Comfirmed Traitor was sentenced to execuation the AI bolted the doors and trapped six+ people in the courtroom, under a metor strike... not cool at all.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 12, 2013, 08:39:20 pm »

Don't know if this was mentioned, but the AI also needs to know when to let someone die. A few days ago? A Comfirmed Traitor was sentenced to execuation the AI bolted the doors and trapped six+ people in the courtroom, under a metor strike... not cool at all.

Asimov's first law of robotics: A robot cannot harm a human being, or through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. Its right there in the laws. Granted, there are always different approachs to keep them from harm.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 12, 2013, 08:45:32 pm »

tl;dr asimov isn't actually a very good lawset.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1654