Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122702 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #945 on: March 07, 2013, 10:40:14 am »

Oh. Those shock gloves are nice. And easy to get.

I should have starting my killing spree earlier, so I could be sneakier about it.  But I guess the way the ghost was whispering, it wouldn't have made much sense RP-wise if I planned out elaborate attacks and tried to be subtle. The insanity/rage induced killing spree made more sense in that context.  Oh well.

I really want to play as a traitor at some point. I always seem to join games like 2 minutes in, so I miss my chance.  I feel like the quartermaster has the best access on the station, aside from maybe the HoP and Captain.  I can easily get hacking equipment, and I can order all sorts of things.  I notice it's not usually taken, does anyone else like playing QM?

And nobody ever really answered me on this, what happens if I try to send the supply shuttle away with someone in it? Or a corpse in it?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 07, 2013, 11:31:22 am »

I'll be joining later.

Just got some work to do.

Same, might join later if all them quantums let me.

PRO TIP: In case you didn't know that (like I used to), you don't need Insulated gloves to make stungloves, IIRC even plain old Latex works. Though they have the downside of making you unable to punch anyone until you take them off.

PRO TIP 2: While the regular variety is MUCH, MUCH BETTER, sometimes you just want to get Budget Insulated Gloves on the odd chance you get a pair that actually protects you instead of not working or doubling the electric damage. If you do, find a vendomat like the yellow one on the right-hand side of Tool Storage and hack it with a multitool. Boom, your vendomat now sells Budgets and Improved Welders.

From other fun findings, hacking Hot Drinks machine allows you to buy... ice cubes, of all things.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 07, 2013, 11:35:31 am »

All the budget gloves are the same right? If one doesn't protect you, none will?

Since nobody seems to have an answer for me, someone's getting knocked out and thrown in a supply shuttle... then we'll see what happens when I send it away.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 07, 2013, 11:38:47 am »

All the budget gloves are the same right? If one doesn't protect you, none will?

Since nobody seems to have an answer for me, someone's getting knocked out and thrown in a supply shuttle... then we'll see what happens when I send it away.

I am not really sure, all I know that either all or each of them have a percentage chance of three outcomes: works, does not work, doubles electrocution damage. Time to do !!SCIENCE!!.

As for the shuttle, they did answer - it goes to CentComm, the place where you go to from the Escape Shuttle, except docks elsewhere. Again, time for !!SCIENCE!!.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 07, 2013, 11:44:23 am »

Sorry for bothering y'all, but I've got lots and lots and lots of questions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I couldn't find any answers on google, so thanks...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 07, 2013, 11:48:01 am »

No. Except I guess you could host a game without inviting anybody.
Download BYOND, log in, connect to url, done.
No.
Look at the TG station wiki.
Doesn't need to be great, considering how bad the lag is already :V
I don't know, can you?
Because you seek knowledge.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 07, 2013, 11:48:47 am »

No.
Google BYOND.
Not at all. The client does nothing but send messages to the server.
/tg/station wiki, practice on our server.
I think it'll generally work pretty well on most connections.
Yes.
Because you're a newfag newbie.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 07, 2013, 11:50:15 am »

Oh well. Ninja'd.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 07, 2013, 11:51:43 am »

I don't know, can you?
MAY I join?
That's not nice. (Cries)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 07, 2013, 11:55:53 am »

I don't know, can you?
MAY I join?

Well, the link to the server is right there in the OP, that means feel free. Generally speaking, Urist McStation is not very eager to break out the Banhammer, so as long as you don't screw up monumentally and willingly, you'll be helped.

That's not nice. (Cries)
[/quote]

No worries! Though one would think you would get desensitized if you climbed the DF learning curve :P.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 07, 2013, 11:57:06 am »

Isn't joining as simple as pasting the address into your BYOND browser? :-\ Even outsiders could easily enter if they knew we have a server.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 07, 2013, 11:58:09 am »

Yeah, it is that simple. I have only really observed so far. Not enough time yet to sit and engage.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 07, 2013, 11:59:14 am »

Isn't joining as simple as pasting the address into your BYOND browser? :-\ Even outsiders could easily enter if they knew we have a server.

Yeah, but well, guess it's just courtesy on his part.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 07, 2013, 12:08:54 pm »

Just hop in a job for fucks sake. Roleplay and follow the guides on the tgstation wiki.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 07, 2013, 12:09:14 pm »

So, if someone shuttles away in the supply shuttle, does that constitute escape for a traitor?
Can they just come back the next time supplies are ordered?
Can you actually spacewalk to centcom?

I'm just liking the QM position more and more.  Plus I get to demand stamps!
SIGN THESE PAPERS IN TRIPLICATE! MUHAHAHAHA!
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 1654