Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121983 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #735 on: March 03, 2013, 08:19:56 pm »

Well, half of medical was the traitor and the traitor's target, which put us in a pretty bad spot to deal with the diseases. I managed to grind enough nutriment by the end of the round to cure myself (and become extremely fat), with a little more time I think we could have organized cures for everyone.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 03, 2013, 08:31:07 pm »

At the end we had broken into hydroponics and the kitchen, and I made some orange juice, but by then the shuttle was already on the way anyway

There was no central authority at all though, and then toward the end we were all deaf anyway. It was a good play by the traitor i guess, maybe they just made it look so disorganized

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 04, 2013, 09:41:41 am »

I had fun, but that round was a disorganized mess. It started with massive power outages, then my pda blew up. Everyone was puking everywhere, and half the crew was deaf from illness. It was chaos.

Hehe, mission accomplished for me. I was the Virologist traitor, so you can pretty much guess what happened. My first Traitor round I completely, legitimately won.

I had to kill the CMO. At the beginning I was cheerfully working towards creating the viral cureall (if I got one last symptom, I'd have succeeded). I bought the parapen and then took a walk for some reason.

When I came back to my lab, I've seen CMO inspecting it, which was all too perfect for me. I stabbed him thrice with parapen, stripped of things of interest and put him into the good old Disposal, which spaces things. Overall, smooth but not very interesting to anyone else.

Then I had to cause evac and get away unsuspected. So yeah, the whole chaos was just to make you desperate and call the shuttle.

So, I did probably the most sociopathic thing I could have thought of. I took some of the side-effect viruses and backups I used to make the cureall, spiced them up with a dash of Virus Food, and took syringe full of it. I also injected myself with my cureall (which, had I gotten the Toxin Filter effect, would be probably OP as fuck - with a decent supply of Anti-toxin bottles, you are oh so robust). One of the viruses I used caused deafness, which turned out to be very damaging to the order and useful.

Then I went to the hallway, found some remaining working vendomats and ordered some drinks. I then spiked them with some tasty virus-infected blood and left them visible in the hallway. I hid in the Restrooms in dorms and Library and bought two Detomatixes. By some weird stroke of luck, I managed to synchronize the start of the outbreak with the detonation of PDAs.

You guys were incredibly persistent in staying on the station. I've been running around, causing trouble until FINALLY the shuttle was called. Also, somewhat amusingly, the genetically enchanced HoS entered my escape pod and wanted to search me, but I managed to push him out THE VERY MOMENT the pod took off, spacing him.

Well, half of medical was the traitor and the traitor's target, which put us in a pretty bad spot to deal with the diseases. I managed to grind enough nutriment by the end of the round to cure myself (and become extremely fat), with a little more time I think we could have organized cures for everyone.
At the end we had broken into hydroponics and the kitchen, and I made some orange juice, but by then the shuttle was already on the way anyway.

Not only that! I actually took the juice and infected your cure too! I couldn't fix the Nutriment supply though, so it helped you a lot.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 04, 2013, 09:51:45 am »

Wow, that is legitimately awesome.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 04, 2013, 10:03:15 am »

I hope one day, I will be able to accomplish a cocktail of Cure-all set (AKA Anti-Bodies Metabolism + Toxic Conversion + Toxin Filter), Stimulant and Self-Respiration, with Eternal Youth and Weight Even as a possible bonus. That would be essentially a Supersoldier Serum, with the affected not needing to eat or breathe, being able to regenerate all wounds, and be stronger than an ordinary human.

Then again, it would possibly horribly debuff the disease, and superpower at the price of eternal runny nose and headache doesn't seem too enticing.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 04, 2013, 10:39:38 am »

Apparently the captain had suicided at some point during that round, I'm not sure if anyone even knew the CMO was dead.  Shouldn't someone have noticed that?
The virus outbreak was great. I went to medbay after my PDA exploded, I think that's probably how I got the virus in the first place.  I figured you were just trying to help stop the disease when you were injecting people.

I was frantically trying to take stock of the situation, but like I said, there wasn't much order to begin with, and with everyone becoming deaf it only got much worse.  I felt pretty bad ass getting someone to break into hydroponics, and then breaking into the kitchen.  I had no idea how to make nutriments though, only orange juice.  That's hilarious that you spiked the juice as I was distributing it though. Like I said, it was too late at that point anyway.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 04, 2013, 10:45:33 am »

Yeah, that was a fun round. Just a bit ridiculous near the end when the whole station was covered in  vomit, hahaha.

EDIT: Hahaha, the deafness was the worst, especially when we were trying to get food. Are we setting up another game today?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:48:10 am by Glloyd »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 04, 2013, 11:18:15 am »

EDIT: Hahaha, the deafness was the worst, especially when we were trying to get food. Are we setting up another game today?
Yes please, because this time i might actually be able to do something useful. the interface sure ain't intuitive.
Also, wasn't there someone remaking SS13?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 04, 2013, 11:21:27 am »

Yes please, because this time i might actually be able to do something useful. the interface sure ain't intuitive.

Many someones. The most promising one is still a ways off.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 04, 2013, 11:34:21 am »

I have a few questions about this game, maybe someone can help me out:

Is it possible to get into restricted crates, I.E. weapons, armor, etc, without the proper id somehow? As a revolutionary quartermaster, that would have been handy.

Does anyone know why the mules sometimes refuse to go anywhere, as in, they just say they cant find the destination? I seem to be able to send a few mules out at the beginning of a round, but after that, they'll never work again.

What happens if I stuff someone into the supply ship, then send it away?

From an RP perspective, how is a loyalty implant viewed? Should my character be horrified at the idea? Is it mind control, or does it just make you immune to being flashed by a revolutionary? And is it possible to put a loyalty chip in a traitor?

I'm having a lot of fun with this game.  My RP is not great, but I'm working on it...   If anyone who's played with me (Damian Ibblestein) has any comments for me, I'd be glad to hear them.  It was pretty funny reading other people's perspectives on the crazy quartermaster during the revolution round.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 04, 2013, 11:36:39 am »

I have a few questions about this game, maybe someone can help me out:

Is it possible to get into restricted crates, I.E. weapons, armor, etc, without the proper id somehow? As a revolutionary quartermaster, that would have been handy.

Does anyone know why the mules sometimes refuse to go anywhere, as in, they just say they cant find the destination? I seem to be able to send a few mules out at the beginning of a round, but after that, they'll never work again.

What happens if I stuff someone into the supply ship, then send it away?
1. Emags. Revs used to potentially get them, but at the moment I think revs can't possibly get them without stealing ID's.
2. There are probably obstructions somewhere on the route. You can either search for the obstructions or hack the mules to ignore them.
3. It doesn't work. The supply ship goes to cent comm.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 04, 2013, 11:57:26 am »

3. It doesn't work. The supply ship goes to cent comm.

What do you mean it doesn't work? It doesn't leave the station? 

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 04, 2013, 12:06:33 pm »

Apparently the captain had suicided at some point during that round, I'm not sure if anyone even knew the CMO was dead.  Shouldn't someone have noticed that?

He went missing, since I spaced him and eventually, all his stuff (I could have saved his ID, but I was afraid I would get detected - RD was pretty damn close to finding CMO's headset and ID, but when she turned her back, I spaced them. Oh, and I forgot to add that just for some extra sociopathy, I spaced the cat shortly before the shuttle.

The virus outbreak was great. I went to medbay after my PDA exploded, I think that's probably how I got the virus in the first place.  I figured you were just trying to help stop the disease when you were injecting people.

Actually, I wasn't injecting people, it must have been a MD or a Chemist. I made sure I spliced my virus with Sneezing, and Sneezing makes diseases spread very, very fast. If I wanted to save people, they would be cured within minutes, since my Cureitis virus fixes all diseases other than itself (you CAN get infected, I sneezed a bit, but it gets fixed when the A-BM tick kicks in).

Vomit actually wasn't THAT bad, if I were more lucky, you could have gotten Blood Vomit - Vomit fixes some toxin damage, Blood Vomit DEALS damage, and is very likely to spread the disease if you step on it.

What baffles me, however, is that literally NO ONE inquired why the hell was I not sick when everyone else was. If someone scanned me, they could find out that I have stage 5 cureitis, that would heal the whole damn station if they would force me to distribute it (I had a lot of bottles hidden in the biosuit locker).

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 04, 2013, 12:17:44 pm »

Many someones. The most promising one is still a ways off.

Yes, I added them to the OP the other day, actually.  They seem to still be active at least.

KG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 04, 2013, 12:26:25 pm »

Alright, I think I have worked out an ambitious system to rework damage and mayby even make doctors USEFULL. Basically, add blood loss, pain, painkillers, synthetic blood and split brute damage into scratches and bruises. Minor scratches will heal themselves relatively quickly and give only minor blood loss and pain, while bigger ones will cause big blood loss and a lot of pain. I just need some time to type it out. Will take a lot of coding and I'm no coder, sadly.

E: Oh, and it would be really nice if aliens couldn't crawl trough vents. It's kinda annoying that one of the strongest enemies can just pop up right next to you and instantly murderize you. Then ACCIDENTLY devour you. (Looking at you, Alien that popped up next to the CE and then ate his corpse and that later said "didn't know devour was a one-way trip")

Especially since aliens are the size of humans, if not bigger, and that humans can't crawl trough vents.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 12:36:28 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 1654