Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123690 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #480 on: February 28, 2013, 08:08:53 pm »

That was interesting. I thought I was lost in space for sure, but then I ran into another ship.

Sadly, the emergency shuttle was called before I had a chance to explore. Probably needed few batteries anyway.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #481 on: February 28, 2013, 08:12:22 pm »

Short round, but I still managed to use my detective skills to stuff all of the gold and most of the silver in the vault into my briefcase and escape. Thought I got caught when the captain walked up behind me and say, "Well?" Then I realized he couldn't see the vault's cables hanging out, since I'd removed all the light bulbs in the area. And then I almost walked right into the aliens eating the escape shuttle, and barely managed to get to the escape pods at the other end of the station.

It was pretty dang fun.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 28, 2013, 08:30:44 pm »

Alien rounds are so. MUCH. FUN.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 28, 2013, 08:59:28 pm »

Alien rounds are so. MUCH. FUN.
I beg to differ.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 28, 2013, 09:08:31 pm »

Alien should only be in moderation, though. Three rounds straight is a bit much for an under-secured station.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 28, 2013, 09:08:46 pm »

Revolutioooooooooonnnnnnnnnn time.

Also fuck, I hate aliens now. So overplayed.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #486 on: February 28, 2013, 09:09:03 pm »

Yeah, they're basically impossible to stop. The only way to "win" against them is to evacuate, but that just means everyone loses.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 28, 2013, 09:11:53 pm »

I beg to differ.
I agree.
What's the fun in a round that can only end in one way?

Revolutioooooooooonnnnnnnnnn time.
I wish I could be there for it, but I need to get some sleep. Another time, comrade!

To be fair, it was pretty much two rounds, due to the second being only half an hour due to engineering releasing the singularity. Half of that round was the shuttle arriving, departing, and being overpowered.
Well, this here is basically why aliens isn't a real game mode. Like Knight of fools said, you can either evacuate or die. Those are both failure states.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 28, 2013, 09:15:00 pm »

We beat the aliens in that marathon round the other day...

Anyway, gonna come play for a while. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 28, 2013, 09:16:16 pm »

Flamethrowers are petty easy to make. And if the denizens of the station opt for militarization, I don't see how you couldn't have an epic alium round.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 28, 2013, 09:20:07 pm »

The only way an alien game type could work is if the aliens couldn't turn players over to their side so easily.
We had a guy in a mech for petes sake, and he got one kill.
You'd have to be abysmal to fail at being an alien.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 28, 2013, 09:23:37 pm »

We had a single mech, that wasn't firing weapons most of the time as far as I could see. Multiple mechs would work better, I just was a bit confused on how deathsquad spawn worked when everyone was alium but one ghost.

Also, laser guns hurt like hell if you get hit more than once as alien.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 28, 2013, 09:27:03 pm »

Well, we apparently need more people to get this Rev round up and going.

Please join, I'll love you forever.
Welcome to Reality.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 28, 2013, 10:15:08 pm »

Fun was had with chemistry today// Whit, if you read this, tell me of you used the double-thermite.
Not only did I forget about the double thermite, I forgot to light my flamethrower before running straight into the spider lair that formed in RD in an attempt to purge them.

An epic assault shot by the classic SS13 error; s'aul good, after I have less homework I'll be on more frequently and we'll have plenty of time to experiment.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 28, 2013, 10:39:46 pm »

This round is great and I like observing it.

There may or maynot be a third faction involved, but it is most certainly not aliens if it exists.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 1654