Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123886 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #435 on: February 27, 2013, 09:37:05 pm »

Well, that was fun. I got to play as an ancient old soviet spaceman from the derelict station, after someone managed to get onto it. He didn't remember much of anything, was half-blinded by the amount of light in the station compared to the derelict, only was friends with Bill (an inactive pAI) and Doktor (an incomplete Medibot) until someone arrived, and disapproved of the singularity since he didn't understand why you'd want one for power when the solar panels worked perfectly fine without potentially eating the station.

And then Bill/Blood/G.A.I.T. became the station AI shortly before singulo release.

I was Zack. I found you and brought you back. It was awesome. I half expected you to eat me alive halfway through when I asked you what you ate. "I eat... People. *CHOMP*"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 27, 2013, 09:48:24 pm »

I'd thought of that, but the Soviets having invented Edible Station sounded more amusing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 27, 2013, 10:36:50 pm »

I'd thought of that, but the Soviets having invented Edible Station sounded more amusing.

"Whoa, an Intellicard!"
"Yeah, I was gonna eat it, but now that you're here, I suppose it can wait."
"How... I don't want to know."
"Most of this stuff is edible actually. We were big on recycling."

-Paraphrased conversation
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 27, 2013, 10:46:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure the only thing different there is the last line, really.

And there was hardly anything left on the derelict station besides the power cells, a red space suit near-ish the other solars, Bill the inactive pAI, Doktor the almost-build medibot (it was missing a prox sensor) and that intellicard.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 27, 2013, 10:52:48 pm »

I WAS A HERO THIS ROUND. Started as RD, scientist needs appendectomy, my character has a medical degree, we break into medbay to do surgery. On our way the captain and this dying guy appear. I do emergency life-saving. I remove the guys appendix, everyone wins. Then he goes blind. EMERGENCY EYE SURGERY. Oh, and that guy I did surgery on twice saved my life before.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 27, 2013, 10:54:52 pm »

It is totally possible to colonize the derelict. BUT:

-You'd need power cells for the APCs
-Enough Oxygen to get O2 production set up
-O2 production of some sort
-Metal and glass to seal the hull
-More than ONE solar, or to set up a new singularity
-Several personnel working round the clock to get all this set up
And most difficult of all: A way to get to the derelict reliably, and a way to get all the MATERIAL you need onto the Derelict.

We aren't talking a four hour round here. We're talking a full day, completely-event-free MEGAPROJECT, taken on by the entire station, with personnel with experience in all the jobs on station, most especially Atmos and Engineering.
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 27, 2013, 11:01:21 pm »

Lessons learned from having at best ~15 people on the server so far, collected from previous posts:
1. Engineering is more important than it looks. No power is no fun usually, and a pain to see in unless you have meson scanners to show you the layout.
2. Medbay is also more important than it looks, and appendixes are the bane of spessmen (well one of them. Meteors, carp, space ninja, xenos, wizardry, changelings, blobs, immovable rods, bluespace anomalies, angry adult slimes, hungry baby slimes, radiation, and space vinery are also on the bane list, and except for the vines, sometimes the rads, and the slimes if they aren't angry at you, all are higher up on the list than appendixes usually)
3. The above point causes a lot of medical degrees among RDs. Perhaps they want to be called Doctor Director? :P
4. It is easier to teleport people onto the derelict than it is to get there without admin assistance interference cooperation.
5. Traitors are actually the least of a spessman's problems. See point 2.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:09:27 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 27, 2013, 11:17:53 pm »

Can we actually teleport to the derelict with the Teleporter? Or do we need to use Gateway?
He's fucking with us.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 27, 2013, 11:47:45 pm »

We aren't talking a four hour round here. We're talking a full day, completely-event-free MEGAPROJECT, taken on by the entire station, with personnel with experience in all the jobs on station, most especially Atmos and Engineering.

...By Armok, that's the most dwarven thing I've ever heard of in SS13.

KG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 27, 2013, 11:59:38 pm »

1: Last time I checked actually fixing the station 100% is simply not possible. There are just some machines that can't be made or purchased. Maybe you could convince admins to spawn them in exchange for certain materials. Maybe.

2: Setting up actual atmos and stuff (as opposed to filling some rooms with air and having refilling stations for air-canisters) would be tedious as fuck.

3: The teleporter can connect to anywhere, including the derelict. Unfortunately it would still be a bit of a pain in the ass to shuffle all traffic though the teleporter, but a bigger pain the the ass would be the return trip, because the derelict teleporter is way out floating in space.

4: Telecomms would be the biggest pain the ass. With all the changes that have been going on with it I have no idea if it is even possible to reproduce, and if it is I have no idea if the stations can even talk to each other. Ether way, that would be your biggest technical hurdle most likely.

Although that said. Last I checked space is (importantly) only semi random. Which means with the right know how it's actually trivially easy to get to. I should likely recheck if that is still the case and if they changed the spess map since the last time I mapped it. Damn you TG for taking away my RD space suit though, it makes it a lot harder for me to map space for such projects.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 28, 2013, 12:02:51 am »

...By Armok, that's the most dwarven thing I've ever heard of in SS13.

KG

Which raises the question-- why has nobody made "Mountainhome," a watered down version of Dwarf Fortress SS13 style where every dwarf's a player? One might even find a texture packer willing to let their assets be used for this, which would exponentially decrease the workload.

((Of course, one would need to obtain Toady One's blessing to do a near-rip of the "styles & themes" if for no other reason than to not be rude))
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 28, 2013, 12:10:17 am »

Last I saw, the RD has a 'Reactive Teleport' armorsuit in his office, Cript. Does that count?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 28, 2013, 12:12:08 am »

Which raises the question
Because it would be ridiculously hard and SS13 already sorta fills out that niche?

Last I saw, the RD has a 'Reactive Teleport' armorsuit in his office, Cript. Does that count?

I actually have no clue at all what that is. But the flavor texts mentions it beheading the wearer. So I am not interesting in finding out.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 28, 2013, 12:25:43 am »

Whenever you are robusted whilst wearing the Reactive Teleport armor, you randomly teleport like twenty feet away or so. It's great if you're fighting spiders. Not so great if you're say, next to outside the hull and not carrying a space suit.
He's fucking with us.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 28, 2013, 12:37:32 am »

Uh man. I've been killed to many times by directed teleports. I'm not sure if I am ready for random ones.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 1654