Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124046 times)

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #375 on: February 26, 2013, 11:52:40 pm »

Had lots of fun tonight despite lag; we had a good ole Wizard party and tried valiantly to get any form of food being made.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 27, 2013, 12:29:46 am »

server down?  i can not connect

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 27, 2013, 12:30:15 am »

I ended up being a traitor chaplain, man was that fun. Except no one ever really found out I was the traitor despite me being very stupid at times. My target was a Shaft Miner, so I knew right off the bat I'd never see him on the station for too long. So I sat around seeing if he'd show up on the station, but he didn't. From there, I ran over to arrivals and hacked my way into cargo. Granted, I didn't know how to hack so I was basically looking at a guide and trying it at the same time. Eventually after accidentally making the bolts fall on a few doors, and shocking myself, I managed to sneak into the cargo offices. Basically, I was going to hack my way to the mining dock and wait for my target, and I managed to do that without getting caught by the quartermaster. I didn't see my target in the mining dock, so I tried hacking open the doors to the mining shuttle. I got one open, but when I tried to close the one I just opened the door shut and my crowbar got stuck in it. Needless to say, I was stuck for awhile before I saw my target and the quartermaster walk in view. I yelled out for help, and the target opened the door. I gave him the story that I just woke up there, and he turned away for a few seconds. I then jumped him with a sleepy pen, and proceeded to beat his head in with a null rod (Which is surprisingly robust, 15 brute damage a swing!) and kill him. Then I retreated into maintenance, and the quartermaster ran off somewhere. The power in the station was out, so I easily sneaked back to the chapel where I could switch into different clothing and wait for the shuttle to be called. From there, I fucked around with the librarian for a bit and raided the kitchen to get food. Managed to escape awhile later.

I'm surprised I pulled that off, I nearly died from shocking myself so many damn times. Also, why the fuck didn't the chaplain report to one of the heads that he saw a guy kill his buddy, who called them both "Comrades" and said "Marx" a few times? With the stupid shit I did, I really should of gotten caught.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #378 on: February 27, 2013, 12:33:05 am »

Yeah, I was wondering why he didn't say anything after seeing me get murdered. Luckily, I got cloned and turned into a traitor, and spent the rest of the mission trying to figure out how to grab a jet pack, and ended up shocking myself to death.

Was fun, but the server appears to be down, now.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 27, 2013, 12:36:31 am »

Just a tip for any would be traitors, the easiest way to unlock a door is to ghetto hack. Either with a multitool or a wire cutter, go to a random useless door and mess with the wires until the bolts drop. Remember that wire, and move to the door you want open. Cut every single wire with a wire cutter EXCEPT the one the drops the bolts. Then take a crowbar and open it, don't forget to crowbar it shut. Bam, there you go. Easy door hacking.

Also, if you're a traitor and want to make an annoying obstacle for someone to get through cut all of the wires to the door you want shut. Then weld over it. I was about to do this to the shuttle wing before the shuttle was called, until I realized I only had the escape objective.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 27, 2013, 12:38:44 am »

Honestly Bd, it was less 'you hacked the doors open without me noticing' and more 'the power is nearly dead, the doors are open anyway', and everyone was far more focused on the lagocalypse.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 27, 2013, 12:40:48 am »

Honestly Bd, it was less 'you hacked the doors open without me noticing' and more 'the power is nearly dead, the doors are open anyway', and everyone was far more focused on the lagocalypse.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I wasn't trying to sound like a douche, I didn't do anything amazing. I didn't even know the power was dead until I escaped cargo, so the entire time I thought I was a mastermind traitor. In reality though, I should of got caught and probably would have. The only reason I got out was due to being extremely fucking lucky. In retrospect, my post does sort of come off as "Holy fuck, I was so clever!"
Welcome to Reality.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 27, 2013, 12:41:15 am »

I logged in at the start, learned to mine, had my character go to sleep as I had to go offline for a while, and then logged back in to madness. :P I had fun messing around exploring secret places at the end of the round, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 27, 2013, 12:46:29 am »

Heh. Begining of the round before it crashed, I was the traitor for all of five seconds.
How exactly does a chief engineer betray the ship? It'd be like the captain being the traitor! ...Nearly.
I like to think you guys were doomed from that moment on, but in reality I probably wouldn't have tried anything.

On a tangent though. People were asking after new game types. How about a creative/sandbox mode where we try to expand the ship by at least one room before it gets completely destroyed by some horrible disaster.
And I mean one whole. Atmospherics, electronics, the lot!
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 27, 2013, 12:48:03 am »

or suvival mode

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 27, 2013, 12:49:42 am »

I watched Bdthemag's whole adventure with the doors. I gotta say, he shocked himself near to death quite a few times. Sadly, I couldn't do anything about it after they cloned me because both: A. The witness... Said nothing to anybody ever but 'Some wacko ran through here!' and B. The MURDER VICTIM didn't say anything about how some guy saying Comrades BEAT HIS ASS TO DEATH WITH A NULL ROD.

But that's okay. It was a fun round that I spent most of being dead.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 27, 2013, 12:51:35 am »

Adding a room (that doesn't just borrow air from its neighbors) would require pipes.
Pipes require someone with Atmosia access (or a spawned-in pipe machine like the atmos room has).

Also, It would work best in Extended. Sandbox mode is extended but also includes giving out a free spawn anything verb to the players and making the admins end up with two of them temporarily.

To Han, honestly I couldn't think of what to say without jsut outright shouting who the traitor was. I got smacked a bit, left to go give medbay a power cell, came back and I had a dead guy in mining dock. I knew he was traitor at the round start (I usually check the antags list out of interest what the objectives turned out as), but thats meta.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:53:15 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #387 on: February 27, 2013, 12:53:09 am »

I didn't say anything because I became a traitor as well once I got cloned. Trust me, I'd planned to, until suddenly: You must steal something! Which I promptly electrocuted myself trying to do.

There needs to be some sort of goal to get the entire crew working together (Miners gathering materials, technicians building, guards guarding, etc) with Bad Things happening all around, and with traitors making life difficult internally. Heck, giving traitors more interesting jobs, or at least multiple tasks, would be a good start.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 27, 2013, 12:55:01 am »

or suvival mode
That's basically a regular extended round, isnt it?

Also, It would work best in Extended. Sandbox mode is extended but also includes giving out a free spawn anything verb to the players and making the admins end up with two of them temporarily.
Well, I was actually thinking of doing this all in extended. No events barred either. For the toughest of us mega project enthusiasts out there.
Yes, we'd need Atmos. access, but the Chief Engineer has Atmos access.

I'm also wondering if it's possible to pull designs of parts of the ship out of the game at rounds end, so that we could build new rooms and permanently add them to the station. Massive fortress station ho!
...And what about AI. I've only seen a few AI in game.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 27, 2013, 12:56:17 am »

I don't see why you couldn't just say I was the traitor Akylon, or at least run up to a sec officer or the captain and say "Hey, this guy ran up to my buddy and beat him to death with a null rod, and called us 'Comrades' and said 'Marx' a few times." I would of been totally cool with that, because even I thought I practically gave away who I was. It would be perfectly reasonable in your situation to shout out who the traitor was.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 1654