Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124146 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #345 on: February 26, 2013, 01:27:05 pm »

Yoink, were you Jerome? I was the Quartermaster, Louis Morris. Yes. Yes, the RD and I totally did that highly secret-you-must-never-tell-anyone-EVER thing we did.

I saw it.  I saw what you did.  I WILL NOT FORGET.

KG

KG, it's okay. We had a really good reason.

We made a bet.

Well, this is pretty late, but YOU WERE LOUIS? COOL! THAT THING THAT WE MUST NEVER SPEAK ABOUT WE DID WAS AWESOME!
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 26, 2013, 01:29:55 pm »

Carp are a mixed bag. They don't have a lot of health and really don't do a whole lot of damage, but if they knock you down you will die. So you can kill tons and tons of them so long as you don't lag, but one unlucky hit and they will kill you and there is not really anything you can do about it.

I would definitely say that I don't like how many are spawning these days, along with their newish ability to break windows with so much ease. That seems op to me. It used to be they were only sometimes a issue when you went outside in a long round. Now it seems like they are always everywhere and always breaking in, don't like that.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 26, 2013, 02:32:00 pm »

KG, I wouldnt mind being put on the coder list just to push some minor tweaks that I could do (like turning down the frequency of carp and vine events, for example)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 26, 2013, 02:36:37 pm »

Also, add more doggam newscasters. There's only like 5 of them in the entire station, so news is essentialy useless because nobody ever knows that there is more news. If they were more common, you could post in feeds to spread news.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 26, 2013, 02:50:37 pm »

KG, I wouldnt mind being put on the coder list just to push some minor tweaks that I could do (like turning down the frequency of carp and vine events, for example)

PM me your email, and I'll get you added.

Also, add more doggam newscasters. There's only like 5 of them in the entire station, so news is essentialy useless because nobody ever knows that there is more news. If they were more common, you could post in feeds to spread news.

I'm not much of a mapper, so if someone would like to tackle this, feel free.

KG

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 26, 2013, 03:03:19 pm »

PM me your email, and I'll get you added.

I'm not much of a mapper, so if someone would like to tackle this, feel free.

KG

Done, and I could do that, but I am hesitant against doing so because reconciling map changes whenever we want to incorporate changes TG makes is extremely hard (as in you will probably have to do it again)

edit: I spawned more than twice as many carp that was on the server at the time people said deleting them fixed lag on a local server I ran, and I had minimal lag. Carp may be contributing to lag (and I still intend to change the frequency in which they come) but are not the source of the lag.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 26, 2013, 03:13:13 pm »

I have been deleting carp to get less lag all day for the PEOPLE.

Just deleting 2 or 3 made it so much better.

I am also running the "Radio Zoom" where I play music and people make suggestions.Only for europeans though.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 26, 2013, 03:15:36 pm »

Well, someone did loosen the singularity, and I heard that SS 13 is CPu capped. Meaning that a few carp can make a serious difference between none and serious lag.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 26, 2013, 03:21:57 pm »

Its 22:19 so I might log off the server soon.

Thanks for another great day guys.
But it may be my time to go take a break and sleep.I am sure the other admins can satisfy your needs if need be or respawn you as animals if you get bored and die early (people seemed to enjoy that).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 26, 2013, 03:25:11 pm »

Animals, Alium, Antags, carp, golems, borgs, theres lots of things you can get turned into. Flee from R&D if you choose monkey though ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 26, 2013, 03:30:47 pm »

Animals, Alium, Antags, carp, golems, borgs, theres lots of things you can get turned into. Flee from R&D if you choose monkey though ;)

R&D is not that much of a threat, but if you end up in Virology (even as a human), you are fucked. It is a dungeon.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 26, 2013, 03:33:10 pm »

I left "Want you gone" from portal 2 and "Rick Roll" on to play.

I bid you all farewell for tonight.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 26, 2013, 04:10:05 pm »

We managed to hijack another music mod.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 26, 2013, 04:36:48 pm »

So. I was animalized into a space bear, and have proclaimed myself the hero the station deserves. When criminals ask my name, I will reply.... Bearbear. I am making a Bearcave out of the assembly line as I type, with help from a engineer.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 26, 2013, 04:55:26 pm »

The other bear? Yeah... Thats bad. I tried to protect some from him/her.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 1654