Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124275 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2013, 12:43:07 am »

I need to play on this server more. Damn EVE, taking up my time.

I do like the fact that the rounds all pretty much play as extended. It makes it all the more tense. I also like that we have a smaller number of people, so we're forced to branch out and learn to be proficient at multiple jobs. We don't seem to have enough engineers ever though.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2013, 12:46:45 am »

By the way, something that came up in the last round I played that I want to address: I killed a person as a traitor, and then later in the round they were brought back as a Adamantine golem then they started to slowly start telling people that I killed them. I asked a admin if it was okay and they said it was. I still think it's wrong to allow people who are reincarnated in a way that has nothing to do with their last life to basically use meta knowledge to finger their killer. Even though it ended up not actually happening as the golem needed to log off before he could convince the heads.

I mean, in situations where they are connected, yeah, sure maybe, like if a shade is made of the body of the dead person, then it makes sense, but when there is no connection at all between them it really feels like cheating to me. Basically, you wouldn't allow a pAI to do this, so why a golem?

Maybe I would feel differently if I was on the other side of a situation like that, but as it stands now I just feel that really makes it unfair to the traitors who do a perfect kill (I certainly didn't, but luckily none of my actual mistakes were found, this thing was pretty much the closest I got to being caught) because it means that even if you do everything 100% perfectly, you can still get caught and there is nothing you can do about it, and it encourages them to in certain cases try to stop others from playing. I mean, I totally could have stopped that golem from being made, and I knew there would have been a overwhelming probability that it would be the person I killed. Certainly in the future in that situation I am not going to allow the player back into the game, which feels wrong to me.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2013, 12:50:35 am »

I'd go so far as to say if they were well aware of their attacker (enough to respond or fight back) they'd be able to point you out upon cloning/respawning in some way connected to themselves. Other than that I'd say it's questionable at best. But then again I'm all about the super realism though.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2013, 01:02:30 am »

Well of course if they get the body and clone it or shade it that is a pretty clear connection and it makes sense that they would IC know, and that would be on the traitors shoulders for not getting rid of the body. But Adamantine Golems are not connected to the previous char at all.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2013, 01:06:22 am »

Well of course if they get the body and clone it or shade it that is a pretty clear connection and it makes sense that they would IC know, and that would be on the traitors shoulders for not getting rid of the body. But Adamantine Golems are not connected to the previous char at all.
This, and besides even if it was something like the person's soul was put in the golem, it's a generally dick thing to do. Anything involving an admin bringing someone back from death shouldn't have that person going around telling who killed him. Even if it made sense IC, it's just a pretty lame thing to do to someone.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 26, 2013, 01:07:57 am »

Adamantine Golems are not a admin thing. They are made in the xenobiology lab. Specfically they are made from mixing plasma and Adamantine slime extract, which is got from Adamantine slimes, which come from gold slimes, which comes from metal slimes, which comes from grey slimes, which Xenobiology starts with.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:11:28 am by Criptfeind »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 26, 2013, 01:10:22 am »

Adamantine Golems are not a admin thing. They are made in the xenobiology lab.
Oh, well fuck. I never knew that. Either way, pretty lame thing to do. Kind of like if someone was borged, then went on to tell everyone someone killed him.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 26, 2013, 01:12:53 am »

I'm not sure if I agree with that, since a borg is literally made from the brain of a dead person. I'm not sure why they borg would not be allowed to know who killed them. I mean, obviously if the borg was hacked by the person who killed them, but otherwise...?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2013, 01:17:01 am »

I'm not sure if I agree with that, since a borg is literally made from the brain of a dead person. I'm not sure why they borg would not be allowed to know who killed them. I mean, obviously if the borg was hacked by the person who killed them, but otherwise...?
Well I always figured the brain is now integrated with the machine, and the only real purpose of the brain is to serve as something to command the machine. Sure you could make a robot, but robot's can't make decisions on the same kind of level that a human could, so they put a human brain inside of it. I always assumed from that point on that the borg wasn't really the person it used to be any more. But then again, I've never been in a situation where an issue arose from this so I wouldn't really know what the right way to go with this would be.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2013, 01:26:19 am »

Yoink, were you Jerome? I was the Quartermaster, Louis Morris. Yes. Yes, the RD and I totally did that highly secret-you-must-never-tell-anyone-EVER thing we did.

I saw it.  I saw what you did.  I WILL NOT FORGET.

KG

KG, it's okay. We had a really good reason.

We made a bet.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 26, 2013, 02:11:29 am »

Well, being a doctor is quite fun.
I worked out how to set up cryo, performed two appendectomies, the first of which was a horrible bumbling affair involving me mis-clicking and accidentally stabbing the patient with various different bits of surgical equipment until I got the job done, (the second one was a smooth, professional job- a pity the patient was too logged out to appreciate it!) dumped my second patient in a recovery room, ate a chocolate bar and then got royally fucked up on my own anesthetic.

All in all, a good round! Wish I could play for longer.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 26, 2013, 02:22:33 am »

Hey guys. It'd be awesome if more people got in. At the moment the server is a ghost town. I might be running some special events later, if we get enough players.
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 26, 2013, 04:17:44 am »

Speaking of Secret, did it change KG? Last time I saw it on here it had the rather boring selection of traitor and...traitor.
That's the problem. All modes except traitor need at least 20 people to start. Hence, the Secret mode is rather limited.
Ling takes 15.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 26, 2013, 04:26:37 am »

Speaking of Secret, did it change KG? Last time I saw it on here it had the rather boring selection of traitor and...traitor.
That's the problem. All modes except traitor need at least 20 people to start. Hence, the Secret mode is rather limited.
Ling takes 15.
I've only seen at the most thirteen people at once on the server, most of the time it seems to hover around ten so far.
Welcome to Reality.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 26, 2013, 06:30:07 am »

Well nobody is on right now and its about 13:30 here.

I guess I will keep watching and checking it from time to time because what if 10 people came out of nowhere while I am not paying attention to what's going on.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:32:46 am by TheZoomZoll »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 1654