Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124217 times)

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #285 on: February 25, 2013, 01:50:13 pm »

As far as alien goes, to my knowledge the gamemode is not functional in the tgstation codebase.  It's not usually a random event, so most of them on Urist McStation have been admin spawned (traitor left, there's a newbie dead who would like to spawn back in, etc.)

Secret mode has various other modes enabled, including cult and changeling, but all modes other than traitor have minimum server populations we don't usually hit.  If there's no admin on to spawn a changeling or aliens, mostly likely the mode will be extended or traitor.

Suggestion: since we can't start any round except traitor, perhaps shennigans such as the Atmosia Independence Declaration could be started with ahelped admin approval? It would add some flavor to the usual traitor/event mix.

As long as you abide by "keep your actions fun for everyone", and any admins on the server are on board with it, feel free.

KG
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:52:28 pm by kg333 »

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 25, 2013, 01:50:21 pm »

Goonstation has their own codebase and should not be considered within the context of what content is in the TG code

edit: KG, I would suggest updating the map again because updates r5779 and r5780 corrects some mistakes they did when they altered the map yesterday
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:52:00 pm by Android »

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 25, 2013, 01:53:28 pm »

edit: KG, I would suggest updating the map again because updates r5779 and r5780 corrects some mistakes they did when they altered the map yesterday

Yup, saw that and was planning on updating the map again soon.  Thanks for bringing it up though!

KG

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #288 on: February 25, 2013, 01:56:35 pm »

Kg333... I think you might have messed up my rank unintentionally... I have rank GameMasterElectronics and it's messed up all my verbs (I have some... and those that I do I don't have access to use).
1=0

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 25, 2013, 01:57:36 pm »

Reducing the number of players required to start a round would presumably be a fairly quick fix? (each gamemode has its own required_players number, which I presume is all that's locking them out), but I don't know what else that might impact...there are presumably some reasons for having a minimum number of players for changeling, for instance ("Oh you're the only other guy on the station and we know one of us is an alien.  What a mystery.").
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 25, 2013, 01:59:29 pm »

Finally won a round as traitor.

Mmmm gibs in the evac shuttle.
There was no AI and the captain left halfway through or something, though, so I  suppose it doesnt really count.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 25, 2013, 02:02:24 pm »

Reducing the number of players required to start a round would presumably be a fairly quick fix? (each gamemode has its own required_players number, which I presume is all that's locking them out), but I don't know what else that might impact...there are presumably some reasons for having a minimum number of players for changeling, for instance ("Oh you're the only other guy on the station and we know one of us is an alien.  What a mystery.").

That would work for some gamemodes, but others, particularly cult, behave badly with low numbers of players.

Also, sorry about that Electronics, I was attempting to add Bay12 names as a comment in the config and screwed it up.  It should go back to normal on next server reset.

KG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 25, 2013, 02:03:48 pm »

Cult needs a minimum of people to get anywhere, Changeling can't do objectives that ask for 6 genomes if theres only 5 people on the station, to name a couple problems.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 25, 2013, 02:05:15 pm »

That would work for some gamemodes, but others, particularly cult, behave badly with low numbers of players.

You say a station full of Space Cthulhu cultists is bad, I say it's hilarious.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 25, 2013, 02:11:04 pm »

Quote from: Aklyon
Cult needs a minimum of people to get anywhere, Changeling can't do objectives that ask for 6 genomes if theres only 5 people on the station, to name a couple problems.

Yeah, setting them all without limit would no doubt lead to some bad (or, worse, unsolvable!) situations - I guess that's why the limits were there in the first place.  :)  Could they maybe be lowered, though?  Changeling could presumably work with a limit of 10 (they only have to absorb five genomes, right?), Cult could be a few more or less, Wizard...well, wizard probably needs quite a few, as we discovered, but does it need twenty?

Edit: actually, yeah, upon further reflection lowering those limits probably does start to butt up against the 'everybody's a <insert antagonist name here> and we've got nobody to <insert form of antagonisation here>' problem...

Although having round-the-timezones admins avoids a lot of this, of course!  Start in one of the available modes and just get an admin to add in whatever fun thing is wanted/feared.  :D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:18:37 pm by jhxmt »
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 25, 2013, 02:12:32 pm »

Oh, I have no problem with stations full of Space Cthulu cultists, it's just they need a certain number of warm bodies to summon Space Cthulu in the first place.  And what's the point of being a cultist who can't get enough blood to sacrifice to your deity?

KG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 25, 2013, 02:19:51 pm »

Oh, I have no problem with stations full of Space Cthulu cultists, it's just they need a certain number of warm bodies to summon Space Cthulu in the first place.  And what's the point of being a cultist who can't get enough blood to sacrifice to your deity?

KG
I think theres a cult spell you can use (if you don't die in the process) to boost your numbers via ghost army.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 25, 2013, 02:23:28 pm »

We have about 7-8 players now and I am playing music by request and doing some random stuff.

Its playable now with this ammount of players so if anybody wants to hop in feel free.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 25, 2013, 02:45:22 pm »

Atmosia Independence gamemode?

Fuck yes.

E: And I suggest changing lings to just spawn one ling and then lower the limit to 10 people. Or have two gamemodes: low-player and high-player.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:51:27 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 25, 2013, 04:09:25 pm »

Well I am off to sleep guys.

Its 23:06 over here in Europe and I will be back tomorrow.

Perhaps an American or somebody else can watch the server?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 1654