Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124305 times)

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #270 on: February 25, 2013, 10:39:59 am »

sorry.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:48:04 pm by choppy »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 25, 2013, 10:59:17 am »

He also seemed to approve of the QM barging into the Kitchen with a Ripley and dropping off three cows, a goat, and a food crate, then stomping out and eating three burgers.

Is that something people shouldn't approve of?
Well, usually QM doesn't have access to the Kitchen.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2013, 11:07:50 am »

Alright people, if you have an issue with how another player or admin is playing, bring it up via PM with me or another admin.  Kicking up drama here in the thread derails useful discussion, and gets threads locked.

For example:
well when fox is yelling at you by pm you tell do not want to play anymore.

This doesn't tell us anything about what happened, and just stirs up hard feelings.  Please send me a PM describing what happened, and I'll look into it.

This, on the other hand, is much better:
what is the policy on (during an extended round) hacking into captain's quarters at game start, steal stuff,  kill captain when discovered and then take charge of everything?
should it be allowed or not? I think this is an important decision to take, as it is part of setting the mood of the server.

It gives us specifics to look at, and avoids personal attacks.  If you're going to post in the thread about something, try to keep it impersonal and polite.  If you can't for whatever reason, send a PM.

KG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2013, 12:32:29 pm »

Why do I suddenly have the urge to spawn in as Atmos Technician and declare independance for Atmosia.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2013, 12:54:39 pm »

Why do I suddenly have the urge to spawn in as Atmos Technician and declare independance for Atmosia.

Yyyyeah... this will end badly, I predict.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 25, 2013, 01:03:18 pm »

Question: What's the average amount of player's on our server?

Also, anything to suggest about something both easy and fun. I've chosen for cargo and mining often, and the only notion of action I got was the emergency siren being called, or power going out and being stuck in the dark.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 25, 2013, 01:07:24 pm »

As far as I've seen, we've had between 2-15 people.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 25, 2013, 01:37:29 pm »

Is the xeno gamemode broken (in tgstation code, rather than here specifically), or is it simply not in the secret rotation?  I enjoyed the first time I saw a xeno outbreak, but don't know if that was deliberately spawned in by an admin, if it was the gamemode, or if it was a random event (I joined halfway through things going wrong, as an observer).

Edit:
Quote from: 10ebbor10
Also, anything to suggest about something both easy and fun. I've chosen for cargo and mining often, and the only notion of action I got was the emergency siren being called, or power going out and being stuck in the dark.

Sounds unlikely, but I've actually had the most fun so far as bartender or chef - mainly because that seems to be central enough that you get swept up into Grand Events Beyond Your Control (tm).  Although my playing experience is fairly limited, so I haven't tried out roles in science, engineering or security, for example, so they might be more or less fun.  :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:39:34 pm by jhxmt »
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 25, 2013, 01:39:52 pm »

Yyyyeah... this will end badly, I predict.

This. I strongly suspect that the (probably only) security personnel on board will shortly be knocking on your door with either engineers or thermite and flashbangs. Although, if you roleplay it correctly and get like, the Mime and the cooking crew and other various 'nonessential' personnel on board with your plan, it might become something of a Grey Tide event.

One thing that having only about 2-15 people playing does is forces everyone to start learning new skills. When you realize that you've got appendicitis and the only other person on board has never played anything but assistant before, you teach them how to perform an Appendectomy or you die in horrible horrible agony. Thanks again Fayrik. :) Until I started playing on this server, I'd never really been anything but Engineering or Security, or one of the various non-essentials.

Is the xeno gamemode broken (in tgstation code, rather than here specifically), or is it simply not in the secret rotation?  I enjoyed the first time I saw a xeno outbreak, but don't know if that was deliberately spawned in by an admin, if it was the gamemode, or if it was a random event (I joined halfway through things going wrong, as an observer).

I think that it is a random event AND can be spawned by Admins, but I don't think it's in TG Secret Rotation.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 25, 2013, 01:42:50 pm »

Speaking of Secret, did it change KG? Last time I saw it on here it had the rather boring selection of traitor and...traitor.

Also yes, Xeno can be spawned. Or random evented, rarely. As its own gamemode, tg has that disabled last I checked, though plenty of people here seem to like it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:44:42 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 25, 2013, 01:43:47 pm »

Speaking of Secret, did it change KG? Last time I saw it on here it had the rather boring selection of traitor and...traitor.
That's the problem. All modes except traitor need at least 20 people to start. Hence, the Secret mode is rather limited.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 25, 2013, 01:44:52 pm »

One thing that having only about 2-15 people playing does is forces everyone to start learning new skills. When you realize that you've got appendicitis and the only other person on board has never played anything but assistant before, you teach them how to perform an Appendectomy or you die in horrible horrible agony. Thanks again Fayrik. :) Until I started playing on this server, I'd never really been anything but Engineering or Security, or one of the various non-essentials.

I do like the fact that there always seems to be a need for <insert particularly vital job here> - it adds additional desperation to the game!  :P  I might actually try some engineering at some point, that sounds quite a useful skillset to know about.

I think that it is a random event AND can be spawned by Admins, but I don't think it's in TG Secret Rotation.
[/quote]

Fair enough, it may well have been a random event I caught the tail end of, then.  :)  The only other one I've seen and taken part in was consciously spawned.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 25, 2013, 01:45:46 pm »

Xeno has never been it's own gamemode, always a random/admin thing

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 25, 2013, 01:48:13 pm »

ALien has been a gamemode Android, at least on Goonstation: Its at the bottom of the page, discontinued because "This was discontinued because the Aliens would get themselves killed within seconds, while the crew would know exactly how to fight them. "
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 25, 2013, 01:50:04 pm »

Suggestion: since we can't start any round except traitor, perhaps shennigans such as the Atmosia Independence Declaration could be started with ahelped admin approval? It would add some flavor to the usual traitor/event mix.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1654