Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124396 times)

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2013, 03:28:43 pm »

Injected Acid: Delayed effect, instant gratification.

The strange part about this is that Stange was Freshmaniscoolman and we had a conversation about he is going to die or not going to die and when he wanted to mutilate my body he died because of the syringe with acid that I shot into him with the syringe gun while I was chief medical officer that I made with chems from chem lab.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2013, 03:35:22 pm »

On Solars, no, but it works great when you need to fix wires that run next to or under walls. I usually never find use of it either.

Yeah, I'm still trying to work out wiring outside of the relatively simple solar arrays.

On a related note, do shields (from shield generators) seal in atmosphere? Or just seal out baddies?
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2013, 03:36:39 pm »

Chemistry, with a competent Chemist, is an utterly horrifying department. Security? Chloral (Or Poly acid) smoke grenade, then metal foam grenade. Locked doors? Thermite + Welding tool. Borg? EMP bomb. AI? Thermite + EMP bomb + more Thermite. Assistants? Mindbreaker Toxin Smoke Grenade (Or Space Drugs smoke grenade.)

Also, I find it interesting how often we have appendicitis on this station. I've had emergency appendectomy performed on me by a changeling detective and a tripping-balls Chief Engineer, I've performed emergency appendectomy on the Captain as the HoP, I've guided surgery on the Captain and Mime as an AI, and I tried to perform some sort of eye-restoring surgery on Garrett Digson but someone horribly murdered him before I could get back through the space vines.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2013, 04:37:17 pm »

Indeed, especially a late night admin (I'm thinking late night GMT -6 for reference.) or two.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2013, 04:55:38 pm »

Oh, and votes are broken. very broken.

Votes are only broken PRE-ROUND. Let a round start then run votes to your heart's content. Also, looking to add admins?

I PM-d KG earlier and am waiting for him to respond.
I dunno yet.

If you're still talking about voting being borked, its a problem with the TG code, not with the server. I should have clarified that in my earlier post.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2013, 05:07:27 pm »

i am up for it.
Indeed, especially a late night admin (I'm thinking late night GMT -6 for reference.) or two.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2013, 05:29:01 pm »

I'd also be up for it. I'm in GMT -6, and usually on until 2 or 3 in the morning.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2013, 07:35:34 pm »

After reading some of the more macabre adventures described in this thread, my interest has over taken me and now I'm ready to try this out.
Two questions though:
  • Do you guys go easy on new players, or do I need to find somewhere to train?
  • Any tips for aforementioned new player?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2013, 07:47:12 pm »

1. As long as you aren't a reliance to the whole station (IE, don't pick security, engineering, medical, or any commanding position), then even the most unforgiving player shouldn't harass you. I recommend your first job be bartender or cook. They're very good jobs to ease you into the RP, and you can get a grasp for the UI. Or you can pick janitor if you don't want to interact with people for your first couple games.
2. Use adminhelp if you have any questions, well if a (friendly) admin is on anyway. Avoid talking about the game in OOC chat, and don't take things too seriously. If someone blows your head off, don't rage in the OOC chat. If you have a good admin, he'll see the combat report and act accordingly. Oh, and don't use smileys in IC chat. I don't know why, but that bugs people a lot.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:49:08 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2013, 07:49:49 pm »

READ THE WIKI.
Thats basically all the tip you need, for any non-AI job that has a guide. (AI you just have to learn as you go how it works, as far as I've seen). Don't start as a Head though, or Captain, unless you know what you're doing.

Some assorted other tips:
Right click stuff. Theres a lot of things you can do inside the right click menu, including the (most of the time) awesomely useful Examine.
Tab is activate hotkeys mode. This lets you use WASD for movement (default is arrow keys), Q to drop things, R to throw things, X to switch hands, T to bring up a Say window, etc. THeres a verb in one of the tabs that gives you the full list 'o hotkeys it allows.
Ctrl+click on something to pull it without needing to right click and click pull. Quite useful in Cargobay.
:h is a default department radio thing for the say verb. For the actual department radio letter, examine your headset, For the general channel, use semicolon (;).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2013, 07:59:09 pm »

After reading some of the more macabre adventures described in this thread, my interest has over taken me and now I'm ready to try this out.
Two questions though:

1) I'm very new, and people haven't been tearing chunks off me - and the OOC channel's usually a good place to ask for help (as long as you don't give away too much IC information by doing so).  :)

2) Read the TGStation wiki.  Has seriously helped me out loads.

Just had a fun round playing as the chef, who proceeded to whip up plenty of pizza and cheesecake until a blob exploded through the back wall of the kitchen.  Rest of the crew fought it off, then power went down, and atmospherics, and it turned into a mad scramble to the escape shuttle/pods as the singularity escaped.

Kudos to whoever was the mime.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2013, 09:01:43 pm »

Sometimes, good engineers are nice.

Sometimes, less than competent engineers leave hilarious side-effects. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2013, 09:32:14 pm »

Sometimes, good engineers are nice.

Sometimes, less than competent engineers leave hilarious side-effects. :P
Absent-minded engineers are great.
Let's see... Have I finished everything...

Set up the SMAC, check.
Loaded and activated the radiation collectors... check.
Activated the containment field... check.
Fixed and activated the particle accelerator... check.

Alright then, all I have left to do is switch this accelerator up to 2, and we should be set for power.

*click* *click*

All set. Now for some lunch.

And hilarity ensues.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:39:38 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2013, 10:15:21 pm »

Two questions though:

1) I'm very new, and people haven't been tearing chunks off me - and the OOC channel's usually a good place to ask for help (as long as you don't give away too much IC information by doing so).  :)

2) Read the TGStation wiki.  Has seriously helped me out loads.

Just had a fun round playing as the chef, who proceeded to whip up plenty of pizza and cheesecake until a blob exploded through the back wall of the kitchen.  Rest of the crew fought it off, then power went down, and atmospherics, and it turned into a mad scramble to the escape shuttle/pods as the singularity escaped.

Kudos to whoever was the mime.

Ah that was a fun round. Suddenly the roboticist arrives in a Ripley and says, "I'll kill the blob!" Then does so.
I was AI, I had activated the panic syphons, hoping the air loss would stop the blob from expanding. But the Roboticist destroyed the blob core within a couple minutes. Good times.
He's fucking with us.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2013, 11:12:18 pm »

No problem ;)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 1654