Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124824 times)

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2013, 10:48:38 am »

hopefully i will be joining in once i have done this damned report draft :p looking forward to playing again

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2013, 10:55:41 am »

So, as a new player, what's the best time to hop on and play with you guys?

I played for the first time last night, and after a few rounds I pretty comfortably set up the singularity by myself. Being an assistant would have been pretty dull, because we never had a Head of Personnel to hand out additional access. Janitor, Chef, Bartender, and Botanist are all pretty safe jobs  with things to do, so it wouldn't be too hard to learn all the basic controls as one of them.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2013, 10:58:11 am »

Yeah, the guides are really good. I'd never set up the singularity before and followed the guide and it worked. Then, of course, the station went to hell. Good fun. Also, if there's noone around that's usually a good time to play around with some weird job without annoying anyone!

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2013, 10:58:40 am »

Karl, stop playing SS13 and send me my SMAC turn! :D

I used to enjoy playing engineer most of all, i hear the engine has been removed though.
Also, I read that blob gamemode has been taken out of standard rotation :<

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2013, 11:00:40 am »

Heh, yeah, I messed with the radio so everything came out as "ARNOLD". I've no idea why I felt like stealing him in the first place.
So THAT is what happened to Arnold. I really have no idea how he became such an important character in that round.

Oh, and LSDnades.

It's really hard to choose my favorite moment, but when I killed Beepsky with a pottasium 'nade was pretty nice.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2013, 11:02:50 am »

I played for the first time last night, and after a few rounds I pretty comfortably set up the singularity by myself. Being an assistant would have been pretty dull, because we never had a Head of Personnel to hand out additional access. Janitor, Chef, Bartender, and Botanist are all pretty safe jobs  with things to do, so it wouldn't be too hard to learn all the basic controls as one of them.

I'll probably look into one of them then, thanks!

When is the server usually most populated?  I've got class this afternoon, though I think I'll be free again this evening, depending on how calc 2 goes....
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2013, 11:04:57 am »

Just check it out. And yeah, Assistant can be pretty dull when you have nothing to do.
The worst part is you can only find grenade casings and ingredients in the chem lab.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2013, 11:05:14 am »

Heh, yeah, I messed with the radio so everything came out as "ARNOLD". I've no idea why I felt like stealing him in the first place.
So THAT is what happened to Arnold. I really have no idea how he became such an important character in that round.

Oh, and LSDnades.

It's really hard to choose my favorite moment, but when I killed Beepsky with a pottasium 'nade was pretty nice.

I had locked myself into the telecom room and built a control room there, I had every important console on the station recreated - communications, security cameras, crew monitor and everything. I set everyone to arrest on the security console in order to stop the party, but you ruined the plan by killing Beepsky. :(

I often play Assistant only because I'm not expected to do anything, anyways. It's easy to do gimmicky stuff when you don't have to go to your desk every two minutes.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2013, 11:10:51 am »

Oh, and LSDnades.

I had locked myself into the telecom room and built a control room there, I had every important console on the station recreated - communications, security cameras, crew monitor and everything. I set everyone to arrest on the security console in order to stop the party, but you ruined the plan by killing Beepsky. :(

I often play Assistant only because I'm not expected to do anything, anyways. It's easy to do gimmicky stuff when you don't have to go to your desk every two minutes.
CE is awesome too. I once made a private space station with air, power, and everything. Even laser turrets.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2013, 11:13:42 am »

Yeah, but if you do it as an assistant nobody will ever wonder where you went. :P It's stupid how easy it is to hack doors, just find a lonely area and experiment on a door until you find the power wire and just cut that on everything you want to get through.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2013, 11:18:44 am »

Yeah, but if you do it as an assistant nobody will ever wonder where you went. :P It's stupid how easy it is to hack doors, just find a lonely area and experiment on a door until you find the power wire and just cut that on everything you want to get through.
Just send your minions friengineers to set up the singulo. Then noone will care about you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2013, 11:19:45 am »

Just check it out. And yeah, Assistant can be pretty dull when you have nothing to do.
The worst part is you can only find grenade casings and ingredients in the chem lab.
You can get large grenades out of an autolathe, I think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2013, 11:22:55 am »

You can get large grenades out of an autolathe, I think.
We need you to get on. Force restartz. Just take a look.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2013, 11:28:27 am »

Anyone have a decent guide on how to hack a door? I really can't seem to get info on it for some reason :\ The guides don't quite explain how to do it. Just that there are a bajimillion wires.

When is the server usually most populated?  I've got class this afternoon, though I think I'll be free again this evening, depending on how calc 2 goes....

I think evenings GMT and EST are both good :) Don't expect 20 players, but we've had really interesting rounds with 7+ players.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:30:05 am by Anvilfolk »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2013, 11:35:06 am »

I remember finding a guide on airlocks somewhere. The wires are randomized every round. IIRC, you'll want to pulse wires until the test light flashes and then cut that wire. Unless it's bolted, ofcourse. Oh, and then you MAY need to crowbar it too.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 1654