Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122685 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #990 on: March 07, 2013, 03:36:33 pm »

I have a question, as I would like to get back into this but miss a specific feature from ye olde days.

Are the pure plasma based engines still in the game? Or is it possible to make them? I recall much fun being had with the super heated plasma of yore, though it was excessive. Of course, heat in general was fun, thank you atmosphere bug that let a person turn the station into a sun without ever leaving Atmos.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 07, 2013, 03:56:37 pm »

There's plasma-fueled generators, but they don't compare to the engine.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 07, 2013, 04:09:29 pm »

Leonon has completed a map revamp, which will be going live on the server later tonight.

KG

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 07, 2013, 04:20:05 pm »

Cool.  Have you beaten your ISP into submission yet? Those punks, throttling your upload speed...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 07, 2013, 04:20:17 pm »

Leonon has completed a map revamp, which will be going live on the server later tonight.

KG
Can we have a picture of the map, or is it already in the thread?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 07, 2013, 04:32:24 pm »

KG, i just posted a comment to the map revision on why it should NOT be pushed. Leonon and yourself should read it.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 07, 2013, 04:40:11 pm »

Cool.  Have you beaten your ISP into submission yet? Those punks, throttling your upload speed...

No, I yelled them on the phone and they kinda don't give a shit.  I've hit a happy medium of QoS that leaves my connection usable for me and my roommates while giving you all as much upload as possible, but that's about as good as things will get on my connection.  If someone with better than a 1 Mbps upload and an always on machine wants to give it a shot, feel free to fork off a copy of the repo and try it; I'd be happy to work with you to get stuff transferred over if it works out.

Can we have a picture of the map, or is it already in the thread?

I don't have one, although Leonon documented some of the changes in his previous posts.  A new image would be nice though (hint hint).

KG, i just posted a comment to the map revision on why it should NOT be pushed. Leonon and yourself should read it.

Alright, I'll hold off for now while that gets discussed.  Here is the link for interested parties.  Everyone feel free to discuss that in this thread as well, since I don't believe non-members can comment on the project page, but keep it civil, not personal. 

KG

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 07, 2013, 04:41:35 pm »

It's not a learning curve. It's a learning mountain, sloped at an 80 degree angle, and I'm dual wielding pickaxes, slowly using them to hoist myself up. I haven't reached the summit yet, so just wait a while.

Please. Back in my days, we had to climb a 120 degree slope, both ways, with the wind blowing straight in your face and you're fussing about this teeny tiny 80 degree bump. xP
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 07, 2013, 04:59:45 pm »

I don't really see how people find SS13 hard to get into, though that's probably just because I already did it myself. The only thing that's unintuitive is equipping stuff and basic interaction, but that only takes a couple of minutes to figure out if you're using a guide.

Learning all the different jobs is a different case, but that's a game mechanic, you're not supposed to know everything from the beginning.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 07, 2013, 05:28:15 pm »

I'm not very knowledgeable about the map-building, but Android's comment(s) sounds pretty reasonable.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 07, 2013, 07:06:47 pm »

But there's really no point to playing on your own, unless you just want to get familiar with the game I guess.

Exactly. I've found rounds, at least on this server, end too quickly and/or there's too much extraneous (albeit !!FUN!!) stuff going on to really learn a job.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 07, 2013, 07:15:21 pm »

But there's really no point to playing on your own, unless you just want to get familiar with the game I guess.

Exactly. I've found rounds, at least on this server, end too quickly and/or there's too much extraneous (albeit !!FUN!!) stuff going on to really learn a job.
I had plenty of time to learn geneticist, but then again that round was kinda silly in length.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 07, 2013, 07:17:14 pm »

I had plenty of time to learn geneticist, but then again that round was kinda silly in length.

Yeah, one of the rounds I played on another server was quite slow, so I gave myself Atmos access and taught myself Atmosphering. I'm now competent enough to purposely kill everyone in the station with plasma! YAY!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1003 on: March 07, 2013, 07:18:45 pm »

Personal reminder: If there's a chance you might get revived, stay in the body until you die the rest of the way.

ADDENDUM: Polytrinic Acid smoke works better in grenade form; not portable-binary containers (learned that the hard way; stuff acted far too quickly for me to evade the smoke). Make a big vat just in case you want to take others out with you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 07, 2013, 08:10:47 pm »

That was you? Hah!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 1654