Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2115577 times)

M3hillus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #9855 on: September 05, 2013, 02:26:49 am »

:| As a tator, Unless AI, I have solemnly given up attempting to use atmos to kill people. It just. Doesnt. WORK.
'He can't even drive a car!'
'Perfect!'

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: September 05, 2013, 09:05:14 am »

What are the generally accepted rules with dealing with suspicious people as Detective? Defer to security yes? But what if comms are down, and the HoS is nowhere to be found? What if Beepsky handcuffed a ninja(Who had C4, btw)? Pretty sure that's cause for taking matters into one's own hands, yes?
If there's any other Sec at all, they're the ones who are supposed to be doing Sec work. The detective is an investigator. With that said, if you catch a perp in the act (especially on a low-pop round), by all means cuff them and take them to Sec. But a detective who goes around acting as if they're a sec officer is generally going to be received even worse than a HoP who does the same (for a similar reason: if you wanted to be a sec officer, you could have done so). Unless there's an active emergency with criminals running around the station, people who aren't security officers or the HoS shouldn't be patrolling the halls as if they were. Sort of like how the Captain, HoP, RD, QM, etc. might get into Engineering to set up the engine, but only if there are no engineers, not on a regular basis. IMO, in any case.

That's specific to our station, given that most of the other major servers will always have enough pop for a proper sec department, in which case you really will be investigating full-time.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: September 05, 2013, 09:17:23 am »

Haven't played in ages. Anything new?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: September 05, 2013, 09:24:23 am »

Cargo console more organized, genetics console looks different, someone made blob an interesting game mode. /tg/ lost a lot of coders.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: September 05, 2013, 10:27:41 am »

Cargo console more organized, genetics console looks different, someone made blob an interesting game mode. /tg/ lost a lot of coders.
I remember Blob changing. When did /tg/ lose coders? Why?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: September 05, 2013, 10:39:07 am »

I remember Blob changing. When did /tg/ lose coders? Why?

/tg/'s been bleeding coders slowly over the course of the summer. There's so much drama and infighting between the coders, and they all just shitpost eachother. What did it for Carn was the genetics code. They already wanted to leave, but he was trying to make some changes to genetics, and couldn't find anything because people ramming their changes through made the thing messy as hell. As for erro, I'm not as sure. From what I've heard, it seems like he just got burnt out on it. That and he was sick of the drama, plus I know he was sick of hosting the site and the wiki and the forum and maintaining all of that for no respect.

As for some of the other less major coders that left... I think it was a mix of the infighting and getting burnt out.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9861 on: September 05, 2013, 10:41:22 am »

Bloody hell that sucks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: September 05, 2013, 11:37:05 am »

Yeah, Erro was CONSTANTLY shat upon.

Luckily, the coder problem is somewhat solved by the fact that there's been quite a few coders recruited from the playerbase.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: September 05, 2013, 02:39:38 pm »

I assume that would mean that we will get less, but better updates if everything goes right?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9864 on: September 05, 2013, 02:42:23 pm »

Someone just needs to organize that code someday.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9865 on: September 05, 2013, 02:59:21 pm »

I assume that would mean that we will get less, but better updates if everything goes right?

Probably just less, I dont see quality changing.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: September 05, 2013, 03:22:26 pm »

What are the generally accepted rules with dealing with suspicious people as Detective? Defer to security yes? But what if comms are down, and the HoS is nowhere to be found? What if Beepsky handcuffed a ninja(Who had C4, btw)? Pretty sure that's cause for taking matters into one's own hands, yes?
If there's any other Sec at all, they're the ones who are supposed to be doing Sec work. The detective is an investigator. With that said, if you catch a perp in the act (especially on a low-pop round), by all means cuff them and take them to Sec. But a detective who goes around acting as if they're a sec officer is generally going to be received even worse than a HoP who does the same (for a similar reason: if you wanted to be a sec officer, you could have done so). Unless there's an active emergency with criminals running around the station, people who aren't security officers or the HoS shouldn't be patrolling the halls as if they were. Sort of like how the Captain, HoP, RD, QM, etc. might get into Engineering to set up the engine, but only if there are no engineers, not on a regular basis. IMO, in any case.

That's specific to our station, given that most of the other major servers will always have enough pop for a proper sec department, in which case you really will be investigating full-time.

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. In that case I REGRET NOTHING. Except for letting the fuck go.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: September 05, 2013, 03:38:00 pm »

Ossum, I think I interested a guy I know IRL in SS13 and pointed him this way. Thus continues our slow, steady crawl towards having a population large enough for something other than traitor or blob.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: September 05, 2013, 03:39:57 pm »

Ossum, I think I interested a guy I know IRL in SS13 and pointed him this way. Thus continues our slow, steady crawl towards having a population large enough for something other than traitor or blob.  :P

Blob got it's population requirement bumped up, so it's back to traitor all day, everyday! 'cept for those rare instances when we have 15+ people readied, of course (and the game isn't a massive dick and goes with traitor).

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: September 05, 2013, 04:06:48 pm »

I like traitor all day everyday...
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 1654