Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122720 times)

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #975 on: March 07, 2013, 12:50:20 pm »

Heh, I remember playing when the Russian station was the actual station. :P I miss those dark blue windows. And two-tile wide storage room.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 07, 2013, 12:52:31 pm »

I guess you could still play it, if you found the OpenSS13 code somewhere. Altough that won't be the goon-station, it looks a lot like it, from what i've seen.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 07, 2013, 12:53:34 pm »

With the supply shuttle and travel, afaik it does one of two things (not both of them though). It either refuses to travel with a person/living thing in it, or it gibs said living thing when it does travel. It will not transport you successfully though.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 07, 2013, 12:54:42 pm »

Oh, I have the OpenSS13 code, but I don't really feel like playing it. I miss it just because of nostalgia, the newer versions are objectively better in every way. :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 07, 2013, 12:54:50 pm »

Aw. That kinda sucks. Can we change it into something more amusing? (The cargo shuttle)

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 07, 2013, 01:05:13 pm »

Aw. That kinda sucks. Can we change it into something more amusing? (The cargo shuttle)

Hmm. Like what?

The cosmic radiation turns your blood into Nothing (Nothing is a mime-exclusive liquid).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 07, 2013, 01:11:01 pm »

I don't know. Just gibbage is a little boring, and there are tonnes of posibilities for this. Hell, you could even make it so that you can't see outside of the shuttle and that crates just roll in, with a single locked airlock to centcomm that only opens when the shuttle has been called. Would make it much more intresting. Especially for traitors.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 07, 2013, 01:13:08 pm »

There should be a 10% chance that instead of gibbing you the shuttle crashes into a planet with nothing on it, then after a couple of minutes carp would start rolling in from space.

This would make the supply shuttle unavailable for the rest of the round, naturally, but I think it's worth it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 07, 2013, 01:17:15 pm »

Needs to be reproduceable more easily. Mayby place a computer in there and if you cut a specific wire it'll take you there? Or if you emag it?

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 07, 2013, 01:23:20 pm »

I think if you send someone in a supply shuttle, the shuttle should have no air and be extremely cold. So if they die from that, or they were already dead, centcomm sends a message to the station, saying a body was found (and if IDable, who it was).

If they're alive still, they should just get sent back normally, appearing in arrivals. "Hey! Your shift's not over yet! Get back to work, you lazy stow-away"

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 07, 2013, 01:26:20 pm »

If you go through the teleporter, I believe it takes you to the White ship, going out the mass driver takes you to the Comm Satellite and the Russian station, the Infested station you get to when you go  out the south of the mining asteroid. I found all of those out the hard way....

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 07, 2013, 01:31:19 pm »

Does this game have single-player mode?
No, but you can host a local server. See the /tg/station13 wiki for more details.

Make sure to give yourself admin rights, as otherwise the station is far too much for one person to handle.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 07, 2013, 01:58:59 pm »

But there's really no point to playing on your own, unless you just want to get familiar with the game I guess.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 07, 2013, 03:05:21 pm »

Great, I'm finally traitor again, and then the scripts on the wiki decide not to work if I adjust them and take down all of comms instead. Yay. And then I have to go. Sorry guys :c

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 07, 2013, 03:26:29 pm »

Well, the link to the server is right there in the OP, that means feel free. Generally speaking, Urist McStation is not very eager to break out the Banhammer, so as long as you don't screw up monumentally and willingly, you'll be helped.
No promises.
No worries! Though one would think you would get desensitized if you climbed the DF learning curve :P.
It's not a learning curve. It's a learning mountain, sloped at an 80 degree angle, and I'm dual wielding pickaxes, slowly using them to hoist myself up. I haven't reached the summit yet, so just wait a while.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 1654