Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2115082 times)

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #9660 on: August 31, 2013, 12:31:22 pm »

Another time, this janitor broke in and then foam grenaded me and the captain, stole his ID, then ran off.
GOOD TIMES

made even better when we discovered that the bitch wasn't even an antag

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: August 31, 2013, 12:33:56 pm »

Being a security guard is really hard, because I like playing one. It's like the worst combination of extreme duty and absolutely no room for fuck-ups. You have no idea what's going on, you have to judge whether or not the clown detonating a bomb in engineering is more worthy of arrest then the engineer beating the botanist to death for trying to break into engineering, and no-one really likes you. However, it's still fun for me because I'm a masochist.
Security is a lose-lose situation. If you're too lenient, the station will fall apart. If you're too strict, people will scream "SHITCURITY" and you'll be lynched. Not counting the mental fatigue of constantly being called "shitcurity" for just doing your job.

Ooooor, maybe, just maybe, you could try to treat the prisoners like they are crewmembers who did something illegal, but are still human beings. And not bucklecuff then go away to enjoy your coffee and donuts in the bar but stay a while and chat with the prisoners so that they wouldn't have to bore two minutes away.

Maybe we could do that if said unbucklecuffed prisoners didn't immediately race off when I unbuckle them, forcing me to deploy a manhunt against them which ends with me finding their suicided corpse on a chair in cargo.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9662 on: August 31, 2013, 12:41:17 pm »

You do realize that you can bucklecuff them, flash them with the cell console or a handflash, uncuff, handflash again, grab the cuffs, flash again, and step out to close the cell before they can get up. I actually prefer doing that if I have the time, because it removes the possibility of long-sentence prisoners managing to nick their cuffs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: August 31, 2013, 12:43:17 pm »

I did actually flash him, I was just too busy fiddling with the time controls when he got out and rushed away. After beating me with a first aid kit.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: August 31, 2013, 12:51:20 pm »

Ah, I know those feels. My typical solution is to set the time and put an extra minute or so on it while they're still bucklecuffed so all I have to do when I get the cuffs off is close the door, after which I can worry about making the time precise.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: August 31, 2013, 01:15:36 pm »

I was AFK half the round. Somebody was catched with my ID and voicechanger mask.
I'm in escape and I get arrested fnr. Yay for powergaming.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: August 31, 2013, 01:40:25 pm »

Yay for getting mad over trivialities.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: August 31, 2013, 01:41:23 pm »

Yay for the standard idoticy seen in almost everything.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: August 31, 2013, 02:01:12 pm »

I would like an admin to come on, please?

E: Pleaaaassseee? We are in need of some fun.

E2: Yeah, there's 90% sure some serious grief going on. Half the station is dead and both traitors are dead, yet more peeps keep dieing.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:47:52 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: August 31, 2013, 02:05:33 pm »

Another time, this janitor broke in and then foam grenaded me and the captain, stole his ID, then ran off.
GOOD TIMES

made even better when we discovered that the bitch wasn't even an antag

That was me, that was hilarious.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: August 31, 2013, 02:59:47 pm »

Another general tip: don't play on /tg/. You'll get bucklecuffed in the back of hydroponics without any shit on you for kicking the botanist out of chemistry as the chemist, and security doesn't give a fuck.

E: Also, that shitler has his metafriends and the admins don't care either.

I'll take the non-existant population of this server over that any day.

E2: Moral of the story, if you see Danny Schmidth, find any way you can to "lolvalid" kill him, because he's a shitler and deserves it.

I've never seen something like that happen when i'm on TG. Was it on Sibyl or Phillip?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: August 31, 2013, 03:14:38 pm »

OK, so NetjesterAI was the one who AFKilled two people, in case you were wondering.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: August 31, 2013, 03:15:39 pm »

Alright who says we either 'Valid kill' him or ban him. I would say OOC spam and AFKilling is valid for a few days, but I'm not sure

Rage induced post. Ignore
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:38:08 pm by Iceblaster »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: August 31, 2013, 03:36:30 pm »

Another general tip: don't play on /tg/. You'll get bucklecuffed in the back of hydroponics without any shit on you for kicking the botanist out of chemistry as the chemist, and security doesn't give a fuck.

E: Also, that shitler has his metafriends and the admins don't care either.

I'll take the non-existant population of this server over that any day.

E2: Moral of the story, if you see Danny Schmidth, find any way you can to "lolvalid" kill him, because he's a shitler and deserves it.

I've never seen something like that happen when i'm on TG. Was it on Sibyl or Phillip?
It was on Philip. I played on it a few times now, and I'm not really enjoying it. It's generally been one of these: extended all day erryday, ERP heaven, extended all day erryday, lolvalid gg no re.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: August 31, 2013, 03:45:22 pm »

That's really odd then. I can see it on Sibyl, but every time i've been on Phillip it's basically this server with more people and more events.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 1654