Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2115094 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #9645 on: August 31, 2013, 10:18:24 am »

Some jobs have access to your workspace. When I'm on it seems like people breaking into engineering are letting the singu loose. The only other things in there can be found elsewhere, usually by asking for them. Insulated gloves can be requested from QM. It's easier to get plasma canisters from science. Tools are laying around everywhere on Metastation.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9646 on: August 31, 2013, 10:20:33 am »

Incase anyone else noticed, we have been getting a influx of noobs. These are coming from 420chan and /vg/ because someone posted our IP there. So far it seems ok.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9647 on: August 31, 2013, 10:23:23 am »

Doesn't seem to stop people. Especially botanists, since you can grow weed if you hack the vending machine. It's a shame, because if you asked Angelo (My engineer guy) to hack the plant vendor to get weed seeds, he'd totally do it for you.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9648 on: August 31, 2013, 10:26:27 am »

You do get a security guard to watch your back in engineering.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9649 on: August 31, 2013, 10:27:02 am »

Incase anyone else noticed, we have been getting a influx of noobs. These are coming from 420chan and /vg/ because someone posted our IP there. So far it seems ok.
Meh, I'm not going to go into a rabid xenophobia frenzy unless and until they start acting like shitlords. Nothing bad happened when /tg/ players came over to us for a while. Hell, given that our IP is openly posted on the thread, it isn't exactly difficult to find us. Oh, and three day weekend, so I'm going to kill some time.

Oh, and get yer arses on board.  :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:28:36 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: August 31, 2013, 10:29:17 am »

A non-existent one, the majority of the time. Sec dudes are rarer then Engi dudes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9651 on: August 31, 2013, 10:39:22 am »

A non-existent one, the majority of the time. Sec dudes are rarer then Engi dudes.
Alternatively, there's a sec guy being a colossal dick. There never seems to be a security player who both:
a) Is competent
b) Doesn't need to be somewhere else
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: August 31, 2013, 10:40:51 am »

contrary to popular opinion, bay12 seems to be not full of masochists or power abusers

hence people don't really play sec

if you're willing to go on the "sec isn't masochism" tangent, you have probably already lost the argument but surprise me

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: August 31, 2013, 10:42:03 am »

...What about Batonamir...

Aaaand on masochism and power abuser... Reason I'm not admin right there.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: August 31, 2013, 10:44:02 am »

Being a security guard is really hard, because I like playing one. It's like the worst combination of extreme duty and absolutely no room for fuck-ups. You have no idea what's going on, you have to judge whether or not the clown detonating a bomb in engineering is more worthy of arrest then the engineer beating the botanist to death for trying to break into engineering, and no-one really likes you. However, it's still fun for me because I'm a masochist.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: August 31, 2013, 10:47:37 am »

Being a security guard is really hard, because I like playing one. It's like the worst combination of extreme duty and absolutely no room for fuck-ups. You have no idea what's going on, you have to judge whether or not the clown detonating a bomb in engineering is more worthy of arrest then the engineer beating the botanist to death for trying to break into engineering, and no-one really likes you. However, it's still fun for me because I'm a masochist.
Security is a lose-lose situation. If you're too lenient, the station will fall apart. If you're too strict, people will scream "SHITCURITY" and you'll be lynched. Not counting the mental fatigue of constantly being called "shitcurity" for just doing your job.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: August 31, 2013, 10:50:45 am »

Security is a lose-lose situation. If you're too lenient, the station will fall apart. If you're too strict, people will scream "SHITCURITY" and you'll be lynched. Not counting the mental fatigue of constantly being called "shitcurity" for just doing your job.
It's like being the police officer who has to stop illegal fireworks displays on the 4th of July. No-one likes you even though you're just doing your job and trying to stop people's fingers from being blown off.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: August 31, 2013, 10:57:59 am »

If you are security do not antagonize people. The crew outnumbers you and they make friends with each other more often than you. Stunprods are easy to make and your taser has limited shots. You could also piss off heads which have access to guns.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: August 31, 2013, 11:35:30 am »

Gotta love that proportionate retribution. Meh, not worth ahelping, though, it's a piddly mid-day round with hardly anyone on board, death isn't that big of a deal.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:39:40 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9659 on: August 31, 2013, 12:25:40 pm »

Ooooor, maybe, just maybe, you could try to treat the prisoners like they are crewmembers who did something illegal, but are still human beings. And not bucklecuff then go away to enjoy your coffee and donuts in the bar but stay a while and chat with the prisoners so that they wouldn't have to bore two minutes away.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1654