Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116246 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #9045 on: August 16, 2013, 10:54:33 pm »

The current game mode is - Secret!
Possibilities: AI malfunction, blob, changeling, cult, nuclear emergency, revolution, traitor, traitor+changeling and wizard

EDIT: It was nuke. I needed to ready to be the twentieth and had about as much fun as I expected, but I don't regret it. I hate those rounds but I will NOT steal them from you!

Twenty. People. It was sadly, not quite as awesome as it should have been. The nuke team did too well, so I lingered behind, looting the Vault and gloating over the comms to the crew.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: August 16, 2013, 11:07:14 pm »

The operatives were hilarious. I was Thompson. Many issues with planning. We split into two pairs: One went for the disk (I was part of that pair, with Iceblaster) and the other acquired the nuke. Captain Parker (our leader) went with the nuke guys. Nobody forged their IDs save Ice and Parker (Hans), so that made things a little harder.

Almost as soon as we leave the shuttle, our teams are mixed up. I'm paired with one of the nuke guys and we just roll with it. The station was boarded at some point and my partner died somewhere, and all four of us met up in the cargo bay maintenance area and just ran out of the tunnel towards the captain's quarters. Blast the wall down, get the disk, run like hell. Parker and I blew open the vault to get the nuke out. Somehow, Jaeger figured out the frequency we used. The nuke is armed behind the warehouse (five minutes on the timer, at least), Parker and I stay behind while the other two go for the shuttle. Parker gloats, raids the vault for the valuables, Jonathon Bickerson finds us, tries to spread his religion, and is gunned down. Parker also locked the quartermaster in his office and left a bomb at the door. Pull the disk out, run for the shuttle, go home.

There, Parker says he was assigned to kill the other two and asks me to help him. Knowing that this would end badly for me, I put my hardsuit back on and we go to work. At the base, one operative leaves the ship and we jump the other. A couple shots, force-feed cyanide. Repeat for the other guy, nuke detonates. He mentions how a two-way split is better than a five-way, and by then I was sure he would turn on me, but I didn't want to take the first shot. He draws his C-20r and fires three shots, then hears that horrible "BEEP BEEP BEEP." Cue "Oh Crap" moment. He runs circles around the room, I spray my gun and eventually hit him, keep firing, stab to death with energy sword. Round close.

Even with these planning issues, we did well. We lost nobody in combat save one man, and we had the disk in less than five minutes after boarding. No security and nobody seemed to arm up and fight us, really. Still a fun round, and a nice break from 24/7 traitor(chan).

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: August 16, 2013, 11:48:07 pm »

I liked the interaction between Jaeger and Dmitri, hilariously enough I had to go back to get Hector and Jaeger. We made it the mining station just before the main one blew up. Fun times.

Heh

Heh

HeH

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: August 17, 2013, 12:33:18 am »

Round of meta captain running around calling people Syndies, Axle mentioning the captain made Syndicate Agent his job on his ID, set EVERYONE but herself and the janitor to arrest....I suggest a mutiny, making Axl captain, and she blew me.  Was amusing how terrible that player was.  That, and the AI just watched people. It prolly spoke less than 10 sentences.  Said NOTHING in robot chat!
Wait, really?  iwas eh only one not set for arrest? I wonder why.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: August 17, 2013, 12:48:29 am »

Jonathon Bickerson points to the Craptain's ID (Craptain)

Highlight of the latest round.

M3hillus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: August 17, 2013, 01:01:07 am »

Goddamn. That was a tiring round as a tator.
'He can't even drive a car!'
'Perfect!'

M3hillus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: August 17, 2013, 01:06:11 am »

Goddamn. That was a tiring round as a tator.
I learned a few things today.
- Dont mess with lawyer Alyson.
-C4 is not as badass as I think it is.
-Emagging bolted doors locks them.
-Dont kill the Rev-heads buddy. It causes problems. But he was my target. Catch-22.
-Stealing all the guns early on, and stashing them strategically pays off.
-C4 is awsome.
'He can't even drive a car!'
'Perfect!'

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: August 17, 2013, 03:05:38 am »

TELL ME MY ODDS OF SUCCESS? HOW LIKELY AM I TO SUCCEED WITH THIS?(Freeze ray is for Horribe points :P)

Spoiler: Answer (click to show/hide)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: August 17, 2013, 03:10:32 am »

Certainly scared one HoS shitless. I still have no idea how many blasts from that cannon hit me. Or how I tanked them.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: August 17, 2013, 03:51:45 am »

Round of meta captain running around calling people Syndies, Axle mentioning the captain made Syndicate Agent his job on his ID, set EVERYONE but herself and the janitor to arrest....I suggest a mutiny, making Axl captain, and she blew me.  Was amusing how terrible that player was.  That, and the AI just watched people. It prolly spoke less than 10 sentences.  Said NOTHING in robot chat!
Wait, really?  iwas eh only one not set for arrest? I wonder why.
Who was the captain anyway? Also, maybe we should set that you have to play on our server for one, two weeks before you can play head roles.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: August 17, 2013, 04:10:41 am »

We really shouldn't.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: August 17, 2013, 04:18:57 am »

We really shouldn't.

Why not? It'd stop griefers and the like from coming in as head roles and leaving in a moment's notice, only to come back the next week witha differed username

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: August 17, 2013, 06:19:23 am »

We really shouldn't.

Why not? It'd stop griefers and the like from coming in as head roles and leaving in a moment's notice, only to come back the next week witha differed username

I agree with GiantBadger. Not everyone not from Bay12 is leet 1337 trickshot grifferstein. If someone immigrates here, let them be the CE/HoS/HoP/RD/Cappy I say.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: August 17, 2013, 06:28:11 am »

It's after a week, like, two weeks max. Imho, there have been too many people that play SS13 for the first time and after 2 days go play HoS and ruin everyone's day >.>

RD/CMO/CE/Sec: 1 week
Cap/HoS/HoP: 2 weeks/1.5 weeks

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: August 17, 2013, 07:04:21 am »

I'm with Miauw. Those jobs aren't crucial for having fun, and barring Captain (and HoP kind of, for the sake of the point I'm making) each of them have personnel to do the actual department work, and therefore positions you can take that have some of the functionality of the Head spot without the responsibility. Other than RP, some extra access, and a target on your back, there's no reason someone would absolutely have to play a head role. Besides, it'd only be 1/2 weeks, which could be used integrating oneself with the server, as opposed to jumping into a vital role without any inkling of the rules and the many, many unwritten rules we have, nor any idea of who admins and mods are, nor how they run things.

Think of it less as a restriction and more of a period to allow newcomers to familiarize themselves with everything without giving them the ability to shoot themselves in the foot if they accidentally the whole server. Also, as Miauw's pointed out, it'd keep the rotten apples from having an easy means of doing in the round (though a dedicated trawl is going to find a way to trawl no matter what we do).
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 1654