Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2114580 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8565 on: August 06, 2013, 02:01:03 pm »

If anyone knows offhand the command to display a message to one player, I might be able to make tastes apply.

There's a certain type of chip that I want to cause players who eat them to burp for a short amount of time.

Huh, I think I might actually know burping already.

on_mob_life(var/mob/living/M as mob)
            if(ishuman(M))
               if(prob(7)) M.emote(pick("burp","belch"))                                  <<< These don't need definitions, I should hope.
               holder.remove_reagent(src.id, 0.25 * REAGENTS_METABOLISM)   <<< Not sure what does..?
            return

Code: [Select]
src << "[insert message here]"
src << "/blue <i>[insert message here]</i>" for instance will show it in dream formatting (light blue italics)

using
"/red <b>[stuff]</b>" will make it show up in attack notification style (X bashes Y in the head with toolbox)

EDIT:

Burp is defined, belch isn't. Though for some reason burp does not have code in emotes.

holder.remove_reagent is vital to make it work properly. If you remove it, the person will not use up the chips' reagent in his system, so he will be stuck burping forever.

EDIT2: For some reason <[i>] without the square brackets refuses to show up. Used the code formatting to fix it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:11:17 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: August 06, 2013, 02:08:39 pm »

I still need the on_mob_life for the message to happen when someone ingests the item, correct? If I attach, say, "it tastes hot!" to Capsacian, would src alone be enough to cause the message?

Also, dreaming should be more interesting now. There's also a semblance of "not remembering the dream", because certain messages are sequential.

Let's say you got "Pete", then "a voice says... kill them all". You'd have dreamed of Pete telling you to kill everyone.

Or, "with", "a medical cyborg", "they... are not who you think.". Anyone near the Medical Cyborg is now subject to PROPHECY-RELATED BEATINGS.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: August 06, 2013, 02:28:03 pm »

I played a round all alone last night, as traitor, with the objective f stealing an unused slime extract and escaping on the shuttle.

I failed to set up the singularity egine, and the station ran out of power. I broke into AI, but couldn't figure out how to upload a law, or get higher access. I broke into xeno, which was easy enough with no one else on board. But by the time i got there, the slimes were already dead, and the slime processed was unpowered.

With no way to call the shuttle, and my only other option being to wire the solar panels, I made my way to a room with a lot of equipment in it - telecommunications array, etc. I died of exposure because I forgot to turn on my air. That happens to me a lot.
Why were you trying to upload laws without an AI?

Good question. I am still pretty new. I had hoped that maybe there was a default AI that could give me access, or just open all the doors or something.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: August 06, 2013, 02:32:03 pm »

I still need the on_mob_life for the message to happen when someone ingests the item, correct? If I attach, say, "it tastes hot!" to Capsacian, would src alone be enough to cause the message?

Also, dreaming should be more interesting now. There's also a semblance of "not remembering the dream", because certain messages are sequential.

Let's say you got "Pete", then "a voice says... kill them all". You'd have dreamed of Pete telling you to kill everyone.

Or, "with", "a medical cyborg", "they... are not who you think.". Anyone near the Medical Cyborg is now subject to PROPHECY-RELATED BEATINGS.

src is the thing you use to display message to a sole player. There are no strings attached. It simply prints the message to the player.

If you mean that you will need to use on_mob_life check to trigger the taste, then yes. on_mob_life is needed. I also wonder if there's any function that measures the amount of a chemical in a mob's blood (given the existence of the spectrometer, it's likely).

on_mob_life(var/mob/living/M as mob)
if(!M) M = holder.my_atom
if(prob(80)) src << "/blue <b><i> It tastes hot! </i><b>"
holder.remove_reagent(src.id, 0.5 * REAGENTS_METABOLISM)
                                ..()
return

Try this for Capsaicin. It WILL remove the heatup effect, but I want to test this as a proof of concept, and the heatup can be restored, I just need to know how to do it in a proper way.

if(!data) data = 1
switch(data)
if(1 to 15)
M.bodytemperature += 5 * TEMPERATURE_DAMAGE_COEFFICIENT
if(holder.has_reagent("frostoil"))
holder.remove_reagent("frostoil", 5)
if(istype(M, /mob/living/carbon/slime))
M.bodytemperature += rand(5,20)
if(15 to 25)
M.bodytemperature += 10 * TEMPERATURE_DAMAGE_COEFFICIENT
M.bodytemperature += rand(10,20)
if(25 to INFINITY)
M.bodytemperature += 15 * TEMPERATURE_DAMAGE_COEFFICIENT
M.bodytemperature += rand(15,20)
data++

Is the part responsible for heatup effect.

Also, I figured out how to add emagged Microwaves that will burn everyone nearby with... well, microwaves.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: August 06, 2013, 02:37:58 pm »

-meh, snip, I guess? not much point.-
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:49:32 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: August 06, 2013, 02:46:54 pm »

man, what IS it with that recently? Every time we've had problems, it's something like that...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: August 06, 2013, 02:48:22 pm »

Some people joined in, some were or are for now unused to the game. And seriously, nostalgia is fogging your memory. Back in ye olden times of the server, the OOC was in 9 cases out of 10 filled with arguments like that.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: August 06, 2013, 02:50:19 pm »

I'm not nostalgic. I just got arrested with meta evidence, they refused to hold a trial and then I got accused of "not deserving a trial" over OOC because I'm not a good enough traitor.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: August 06, 2013, 02:54:59 pm »

Here's a rule I have for all roleplaying things: The "My Guy's A Badass, Seriously" Theory of Roleplaying. It is in primary effect with Freeform RPs, applies to TTRPGs, but it happens with SS13.

A few RPers want their guys to be badasses. They really want it. So they make them hardasses who don't take no shit from nobody and they kill anyone who is a bad guy. But wait, SS13 is a game, so how do they be badasses when there's a chance they might screw up and look like idiots? Well, if the traitor dies, then the game is won. They don't know who the traitors are, but if their characters knew traitors existed then they'd have more of a chance of winning and thus being badass. And do badasses give fair trials? No, they shoot to kill because they are just that badass.

Hence why a lot of people meta knowing about traitors. That's my theory, anyway.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: August 06, 2013, 03:00:11 pm »

Here's a rule I have for all roleplaying things: The "My Guy's A Badass, Seriously" Theory of Roleplaying. It is in primary effect with Freeform RPs, applies to TTRPGs, but it happens with SS13.

A few RPers want their guys to be badasses. They really want it. So they make them hardasses who don't take no shit from nobody and they kill anyone who is a bad guy. But wait, SS13 is a game, so how do they be badasses when there's a chance they might screw up and look like idiots? Well, if the traitor dies, then the game is won. They don't know who the traitors are, but if their characters knew traitors existed then they'd have more of a chance of winning and thus being badass. And do badasses give fair trials? No, they shoot to kill because they are just that badass.

Hence why a lot of people meta knowing about traitors. That's my theory, anyway.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to laugh at that, but I did nonetheless.  :P But that probably what goes on in the heads of meta players.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: August 06, 2013, 03:02:55 pm »

I've actually felt like that on occasion. Though I think I've subscribed to a different theory now: The "RPs Are Stories, And Sometimes Your Character Dies To Show How Serious The Situation Is" Hypothesis.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: August 06, 2013, 03:05:51 pm »

I will gladly PM my side of the story to an admin when they come online. I definitively meta'd too much with the CMO. Sorry about that.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: August 06, 2013, 03:15:43 pm »

I'm not nostalgic. I just got arrested with meta evidence, they refused to hold a trial and then I got accused of "not deserving a trial" over OOC because I'm not a good enough traitor.
the evidence wasn't meta, the command chat was filled with complaints about you all round.  The second the HoP was possibly dead you declared yourself captain, even though we had already rescued him.  More shit, gonna keep it outta chat except for the fact that I said "I didn't want to have a trail cause the round had already gone on for two hours and nothing had fucking happened except random events"
Nom nom nom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: August 06, 2013, 03:19:26 pm »

I played a round all alone last night, as traitor, with the objective f stealing an unused slime extract and escaping on the shuttle.

I failed to set up the singularity egine, and the station ran out of power. I broke into AI, but couldn't figure out how to upload a law, or get higher access. I broke into xeno, which was easy enough with no one else on board. But by the time i got there, the slimes were already dead, and the slime processed was unpowered.

With no way to call the shuttle, and my only other option being to wire the solar panels, I made my way to a room with a lot of equipment in it - telecommunications array, etc. I died of exposure because I forgot to turn on my air. That happens to me a lot.
Why were you trying to upload laws without an AI?

Good question. I am still pretty new. I had hoped that maybe there was a default AI that could give me access, or just open all the doors or something.
There is no default AI. If you need all-access, you need 1 or two things:
1. Hacking knowledge and assorted tools (wires change every round)
2. the Captain's spare id (either use that or use it in an id console to give all-access to you)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: August 06, 2013, 03:56:12 pm »

Added a pull request for burping (for Tsuchigumo's chips) and slightly neutered vomiting, because people had to use Me lately. So for arpees.
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 1654