Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116470 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7845 on: July 14, 2013, 06:35:42 pm »

Can we do that? I hope so. Easest way is via surgery and some similar things.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: July 14, 2013, 06:44:58 pm »

Can we do that? I hope so. Easest way is via surgery and some similar things.
I was thinking more like someone being off the station, and if they hear them talk, press a-

Hang on. Get a room, set the door to only open with a signal from a remote signalling device. Same frequency as the door sets off the bombs.
Not sure how you would kill them. Maybe slowly leak plasma, N2O or something like that in.
Oh tell them over the radio, "You have 30 seconds to decide, or the chem implant in your chest will release deadly neurotoxins into your heart"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: July 14, 2013, 06:46:06 pm »

Or have a timed bomb they can see but not mess with.
Highly Opinionated Fool

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: July 14, 2013, 06:46:25 pm »

i snort at your overcomplicated torture mechanics

just put the fool in a 5x5 room with a clown or two straightjacketed into a chair with a clown and tell the clown that it can go nuts

you're going to need at least two clowns and i don't think the glitch which allows you to put two people in the same chair still works

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: July 14, 2013, 06:47:15 pm »

Why don't you have a second person slowly dying, where they can see and not interact with?
The Derail Thread

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: July 14, 2013, 07:11:36 pm »

Right. Here is my perspective. If you are a traitor, and you have escape alone, then yes, go murder ALL the fuckers. If you have to steal, say, a jetpack? Don't do that. I WILL kick you from the round if you decided you should just murder everyone as traitor for no reason. The problem with murderboning people is that you are putting them out of the game, especially if you decide to bomb cloning. Defending yourself from security and anyone assaulting you is totally okay. Hunting random people down and murdering them as they flee/are derping around doing nothing? Not okay.

But what if no one yet except that poor scientist knows that you are the antag? Then I cant murder him? Seriously? Antag is antag, a bad guy which can do bad things. You need to also space bodies for your target(s) for example so you are 100% sure you will achieve the objective. That is bad too? Too metagame?
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: July 14, 2013, 07:15:54 pm »

But what if no one yet except that poor scientist knows that you are the antag? Then I cant murder him? Seriously? Antag is antag, a bad guy which can do bad things. You need to also space bodies for your target(s) for example so you are 100% sure you will achieve the objective. That is bad too? Too metagame?

I have no idea what you're saying in the first part of that, it makes no sense. Antag doesn't mean 'go murder everyone' antag means 'make the round fun'. Antags are there to make things interesting, not to powergame-murderbone their way to victory. If you complete your objectives but everyone else on the server is upset and had no fun, then you are a shitty antag. If you failed your objectives, but everyone, including you, had fun, then you are a good antag. It's not about getting the greentext. It's about having a fun round.

He said 'for no reason'

If you have reason to suspect (or know) that someone knows you are the antag, you can go and fuck them up.

This. Force within reasonable limits. Assassinating the HoS/Detective because he's investigating your theft/murder? Totally cool. Killing the Captain for his sweet, sweet All Access ID? Totally cool. Murdering the clueless bartender who has no idea you are an antag because it's funny? Yeah, fuck you, I'm kicking you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7852 on: July 14, 2013, 07:16:24 pm »

I would find a way to irradiate my target, and give them appendicitis, open them up to remove the problem while they're knocked out, place a bomb within the cavity left behind by their appendix, and then do some radio trickery or riddles. They get the riddle right, then a bomb in front of them doesn't blow up, but the one inside them does (without their knowledge), with them thinking freedom will come if they got it correct (freedom from their miserable existence is the actual answer), they get it wrong, the bomb in front of them blows up.

Best way to play is not to play. Of course, they would be trapped in a locked room when given the challenge.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:19:47 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: July 14, 2013, 07:17:14 pm »

EWhatabout killing the captain thats willing to give you an ID if you just shut up and talk to him?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: July 14, 2013, 07:33:56 pm »

This is all very situation based, and up to the traitors discretion. Strictly defining what is and isn't okay is pointless, because it's impossible to narrow down every situation where it's okay.

As long as you're not blatantly murdering people for no reason, you should be fine. If an admin thinks otherwise, then they'll tell you.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: July 14, 2013, 07:36:18 pm »

I would find a way to irradiate my target, and give them appendicitis, open them up to remove the problem while they're knocked out, place a bomb within the cavity left behind by their appendix, and then do some radio trickery or riddles. They get the riddle right, then a bomb in front of them doesn't blow up, but the one inside them does (without their knowledge), with them thinking freedom will come if they got it correct (freedom from their miserable existence is the actual answer), they get it wrong, the bomb in front of them blows up.
Riddle: get it wrong, blows up. Get it right, blows up because it means they know you are antag.
Also because it makes the round fun because you have a cool story to tell afterwards.
The Derail Thread

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: July 14, 2013, 07:50:27 pm »

Possibly have two people, hand them each a radio transmitter and tell them that whoever signals theirs will kill the other but save themselves. Setting this up would require you to play Xanatos Speed Chess, and end with a delicious evil conclusion.

Make the radios both signal the same thing, so that if either of them triggers it, it starts a very long very deadly timed grenade inside both of them. Release them both, and try to avoid capture. If at all possible, go ahead and plan for escape the moment you release them, as they're likely to immediately scream for help. They'll be taken in for help, and summarily explode.

You, in the meantime, will be evading capture before, during, and after.

You've got 4 points to spend on the escape, unless you can somehow surgery someone without knocking them out first. A good tactic I've found is to get them alone, try to take their radio, and then radio that you saw them doing something stupid well away from your current position. From there, locker them and bring the surgical tools to them rather than carry them.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: July 14, 2013, 08:00:39 pm »

I have no idea what you're saying in the first part of that, it makes no sense. Antag doesn't mean 'go murder everyone' antag means 'make the round fun'. Antags are there to make things interesting, not to powergame-murderbone their way to victory. If you complete your objectives but everyone else on the server is upset and had no fun, then you are a shitty antag. If you failed your objectives, but everyone, including you, had fun, then you are a good antag. It's not about getting the greentext. It's about having a fun round.

No, this is the silliest thing ever. Antags have a goal which it is their number one imperative to complete. A traitor AI has a law 0 which allows it to disregard all laws in order to accomplish their objective, as traitors should always act with their first priority in mind. If your objective is to kill someone, then you either start chaos and then kill them while nobody would notice, cause an accident to happen to them, or secretly kill them and remove the body (to name just a few of the easiest methods). Antags deserve absolutely no blame for "powergaming" because it's extremely meta to have the intention of making the round fun as an antag. Yes, it's important that rounds be fun, but they should be fun regardless of antags, it's up to the crew to make it fun.
The only way to roleplay an antag with absolutely no meta is to think only about your own success, disregarding that for the sake of other players is some of the silliest metagaming ever.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: July 14, 2013, 08:08:17 pm »

No, this is the silliest thing ever. Antags have a goal which it is their number one imperative to complete. A traitor AI has a law 0 which allows it to disregard all laws in order to accomplish their objective, as traitors should always act with their first priority in mind. If your objective is to kill someone, then you either start chaos and then kill them while nobody would notice, cause an accident to happen to them, or secretly kill them and remove the body (to name just a few of the easiest methods). Antags deserve absolutely no blame for "powergaming" because it's extremely meta to have the intention of making the round fun as an antag. Yes, it's important that rounds be fun, but they should be fun regardless of antags, it's up to the crew to make it fun.
The only way to roleplay an antag with absolutely no meta is to think only about your own success, disregarding that for the sake of other players is some of the silliest metagaming ever.
We're not saying that people have to keep everyone else in mind, and their intention is to make the round fun. When admins talk about antags in that way, we're not saying that's the antags personal goal. We're just saying that antags are there to spice the round up. We just don't want antags thinking just because they're an antag, they can basically grief and kill people for no reason just because "They're an antag."

We're not telling anyone they have to play traitor a certain way, we're just establishing that being an antagonist is NOT a "I get to do anything I want" card.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:23:17 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: July 14, 2013, 08:17:44 pm »

I'm in the mood for tatorchan.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1654