Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118285 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7320 on: July 02, 2013, 12:24:12 pm »

Well shit... i think I broke the server... sorry.

Apparently lighting 50000 KPA of 33% oxygen, 67% plasma results in the server dying. 

As a point of reference, lighting 9000 kpa of plasma/oxygen gets your about 100,000 C, 200,000 KPA.  So I would assume I would have gotten roughly 1.5 million kpa or so, i don't know what the temperature would have been.  But it took frigging forever to heat it up at all, so it was quite impractical.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: July 02, 2013, 12:25:01 pm »

Server is down, Alt server?

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: July 02, 2013, 12:25:40 pm »

Yep, alt server.
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7323 on: July 02, 2013, 01:34:15 pm »

Anyone ever make their own local server playing in a ghost-station just to experiment with stuff or refine skills for the future, explore more of the station, and get down solo-kickstarting the station as an engineer down with efficiency like a pit crew in NASCAR?

Helped me learn the ropes of engineering rather quickly (at least, where the singularity is concerned), and since that's the only real hurdle before going nuts on an empty station, I've gotten that routine down rather nicely to the point I actually had all 3 SMES still at full-operation after setting things up with the singularity. Had to pat myself on the back for beating the clock that quickly (no need to reboot any that ran out beforehand).

Now my next engineering challenge is setting up solars quick enough, and effectively enough just in case we have to go sans singularity for a few moments. Especially getting the input/output ratios just right so that we can still charge, but use power as well. A 1:2 is generally good, but to keep the minimum operational with plenty of spare power, especially to setup another singularity, 1:3 is a good idea; but a quick charge with bare minimum of 1:5 would be best to get all solars fully charged before letting loose, while the most basic functions are still live (like doors and air). But then again, I need more experience with solars before I figure out the Goldilocks zone for them.

EDIT:
Any other things I can try to do on a ghost-station? I can think of making up other kinds of ways to kill people, refine teleportation, figure out how to operate the gateway near EVA (that part still bugs me; anyone ever play a round with a functional gateway?). I also explored various traitor equipment, and their effectiveness (kudos to sandboxing a station). I think I also one time tested out my genetics skills, only to end up irradiating myself enough to the point that after teleporting, I turned into a monkey, and escaped on a shuttle while I still could to reset the game.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 01:47:15 pm by Itnetlolor »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: July 02, 2013, 01:39:30 pm »

I've done that from the beginning.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: July 02, 2013, 03:06:16 pm »

Apparently lighting 50000 KPA of 33% oxygen, 67% plasma results in the server dying. 

As a point of reference, lighting 9000 kpa of plasma/oxygen gets your about 100,000 C, 200,000 KPA.  So I would assume I would have gotten roughly 1.5 million kpa or so, i don't know what the temperature would have been.  But it took frigging forever to heat it up at all, so it was quite impractical.

Plasma isn't supposed to ignite when pressure gets that high...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: July 02, 2013, 03:40:00 pm »

Plasma isn't supposed to ignite when pressure gets that high...

What do you mean it isn't? If the volume is constant, which it is, a increase in pressure corresponds to an increase in temperature, right?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: July 02, 2013, 03:43:13 pm »

This would be my thought as well, unless the code is implemented weirdly or has a set cap or something. Pressure exceeding a certain amount tends to generate heat. Hence, you know, the fact that we're currently living on the cooled exterior of a giant molten ball of fiery rock. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: July 02, 2013, 05:58:59 pm »

Main server is back up, and updated.

Android asked that I pass along the following message as well:

Quote from: Android
Hey guys, we know that ya'll are fairly bored with things as is, so we thought we would do something to spice things up! The server is running the Metastation map, and will be for a while (at least until Glloyd comes back from whatever he went to do).

Yes, we got the map to compile.

Get your asses on the server, blow some shit up or something. We'll discuss the issue of going public when I have more time (next week).
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: July 02, 2013, 06:32:10 pm »

I really don't think running Metastation is going to spice things up drastically and draw in more interest, but whatever. I'd link a map for the entire station so everyone isn't super confused, but the only image I could find was a thumbnail. The station also looks pretty big in comparison to the base /tg/station map, so I don't know how this is going to translate to our mainly low population rounds.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: July 02, 2013, 07:22:40 pm »

We have around 10 players now, and everyone is in capslock and saying the map is amazing. I think we achieved our goals, Bd.
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: July 02, 2013, 11:11:25 pm »

Well, I'm in Vancouver for a few days before I head home, and my hotel has wi-fi. So, I may get on tonight and see how Metastation's coming along. It's a pretty cool map, but it is a tad large for our playerbase. Ah well.

As for the new UristMcStation map, it's coming along quite nicely. Everything i planned on doing personally is nearing completion. The only issue is that I had some people offer to do sections and not follow through, so I'm going to try to get in touch with them, and see how it goes. If they're done their sections, the map could be complete (as complete as SS13 maps get...) in about a week after I get home. If not, it could be another couple weeks.

That's all for now!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:13:02 pm by Glloyd »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: July 03, 2013, 01:00:06 am »

Lillian Helsbrecht: Pure fucking evil
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: July 03, 2013, 01:01:19 am »

You guys are running Metastation? *sigh* Can you keep it going until Saturday?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: July 03, 2013, 01:02:51 am »

Also, I checked the server logs out of curiosity to see if your mix did attribute to the server crashing. I didn't see any explosions, or really anything out of the ordinary that'd show that you made a gigantic explosion, so I think it just randomly crashed. Not to make your achievement seem less cool, just thought I'd let you know so you don't start thinking you're the next incarnation of Cuban Pete.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1654