Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118688 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #6840 on: June 13, 2013, 12:49:04 pm »

A quick question about "meta" in general-

Assuming the traitors were to make their presence known without identifying themselves, would Security be able to do something such as lock down the entire station, ergo:

"You've got 2 minutes to assemble in Security. Everyone found not making their way to Security, loitering, or otherwise not following orders will be subdued. In light of recent events (lets say, a failed bombing), Security has decided to re-screen all personell aboard the ship. Anyone attempting to escape or hide will be considered an enemy, and resistance beyond that point will result in the use of lethal force."

The idea comes from a potential short story I'd like to write, possibly to rope some friends into the game. Sweet propaganda.

Would this ever happen, assuming a full server where every role is filled up? At this point, a few people have been found dead and someone exploded in the brig, was cloned, and unearthed one of the traitors and was able to reliably hint at more.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: June 13, 2013, 12:51:52 pm »

Stuff like that sometimes happens, but everyone gets pissed off at security and all those people gathering in one spot is a perfect opportunity for a traitor to either kill a lot of people, or fuck off to some other part of the station and steal something important. You could definitely rope all of the cooperating crew members if you had a large security team, but expect every traitor and non-traitor alike to try to get around it/attack security.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: June 13, 2013, 12:56:35 pm »

I guess you could base your story around the station entering Red alert, after a bombing or something.

Here's the description for Red alert from the wiki:

Maximum alert level. There is an immediate threat to the station or severe damage. Martial Law is in effect.

- Security can raid departments and arrest any crew member deemed a threat to the station.
    -All crew members must remain in their departments.
    -Suit sensors are to be turned fully on at all times.
    -AI/Cyborgs may bolt down maintenance and airlocks leading to space.

Unfortunately, Red Alert is almost never enabled. Except for those rare cases when a Head of Staff actually remembers that it exists.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:59:30 pm by Isdar »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: June 13, 2013, 01:00:47 pm »

Mostly because it's so annoying to activate it.

And well, nobody really cares about the alert system anyway.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: June 13, 2013, 01:02:45 pm »

A quick question about "meta" in general-

Assuming the traitors were to make their presence known without identifying themselves, would Security be able to do something such as lock down the entire station, ergo:

"You've got 2 minutes to assemble in Security. Everyone found not making their way to Security, loitering, or otherwise not following orders will be subdued. In light of recent events (lets say, a failed bombing), Security has decided to re-screen all personell aboard the ship. Anyone attempting to escape or hide will be considered an enemy, and resistance beyond that point will result in the use of lethal force."

The idea comes from a potential short story I'd like to write, possibly to rope some friends into the game. Sweet propaganda.

Would this ever happen, assuming a full server where every role is filled up? At this point, a few people have been found dead and someone exploded in the brig, was cloned, and unearthed one of the traitors and was able to reliably hint at more.

The failed bombing would turn into a VERY successful bombing when you'd assemble everyone in one place, and you'd need to get a doorman. Meanwhile, all traitors would stash their items somewhere safe and present themselves as proper, obedient crewmembers while Sec runs after someone who AFK'd and didn't notice the message.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: June 13, 2013, 01:05:32 pm »

Since Vactor's server is down ( you guys are terrible server wreckers), my server is up. ( less laggy than KG's, I hope).

IP ( which stubbornly fails to be static) is byond://151.63.152.246:7777

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: June 13, 2013, 02:17:42 pm »

NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:53:00 pm by Iceblaster »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: June 13, 2013, 02:25:33 pm »

That was a rather dickish round.

you guys do know that cloned people cant remember there deaths, right?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: June 13, 2013, 02:26:40 pm »

Tator roboticist is super-easy.
Also, janitors murdered on escape shuttle: 2. All janitors beware, Tator Barnes is here!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: June 13, 2013, 02:26:58 pm »

Two?
Highly Opinionated Fool

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: June 13, 2013, 02:29:55 pm »

I did it before as a roboticist tator.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: June 13, 2013, 03:41:07 pm »

Oh.
Highly Opinionated Fool

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: June 13, 2013, 04:36:12 pm »

Spoiler: SPAAAAAAAACEEE! (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: June 13, 2013, 04:44:49 pm »

Ahah! cataclysm! glad to see im not the only one...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: June 13, 2013, 05:32:39 pm »

Nothing is quite as infuriating as science denied- I was about one second away from signalling the test devices when the borg flashed me, sprayed me to death with polyacid, then spaced my body. I was doing SCIENCE!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1654