Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2078653 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2013, 01:29:15 pm »

Fun for some, not fun for others. Just like everything else on the internet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2013, 01:29:30 pm »

CAN YOU TEACH ABOUT TREASON DONUTS

CAN YOU
I once dodged a laser bolt. Guess who it hit. The captain. I am both stealth and action tator.

Otherwise known as 'killing everyone last round', yes?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2013, 01:30:06 pm »

Fun for some, not fun for others. Just like everything else on the internet.
This. I enjoyed mixing plant grenades as chemist. Chemist is probably the best job.

E: Oh god. LCD-nade.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:24:23 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2013, 02:39:57 pm »

what is the policy on (during an extended round) hacking into captain's quarters at game start, steal stuff,  kill captain when discovered and then take charge of everything?
should it be allowed or not? I think this is an important decision to take, as it is part of setting the mood of the server.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2013, 02:58:45 pm »

what is the policy on (during an extended round) hacking into captain's quarters at game start, steal stuff,  kill captain when discovered and then take charge of everything?
should it be allowed or not? I think this is an important decision to take, as it is part of setting the mood of the server.

That really should not be happening, other than possibly towards the end of an extended round, or if traitor objective requires something in the captain's quarters.   Being wildly OOC like that tends to be no fun for anyone else.  I wouldn't expect the traitor to go "alack, you have discovered me, now I must slay you!", but you really should have some kind of reason, especially if you're going to kill someone and put a player on the sidelines for the round.

I'm still working on a rule set for the server...if anyone has suggestions on what they'd like to see, send me a PM, or discuss here.  Keep it polite.

KG
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:40:35 pm by kg333 »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2013, 03:11:13 pm »

good to know. it was moderately annoying, but I was unsure of what to do, since we don't really have much in the way of rules.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2013, 03:58:19 pm »

I wish the Telecom scripting language had a sort of debugging console so you can actually try scripts before uploading them. It's no fun getting found out when your anonymous message doesn't turns out to be anonymous after all.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2013, 04:25:11 pm »

Arnold, the pAI. Not sure how he got important but it was interesting to have him around after that!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2013, 04:32:27 pm »

If it wasn't for OOC, I'd think my character was hallucinating radio speaking 'Arnold' all over again. There was a bit of a party. By that I mean me, the Ultimate Overlord of Everything, and the two chemists got a shitload of Space Drugs and alcohol into the bar and gone crazy.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2013, 04:45:47 pm »

Heh, yeah, I messed with the radio so everything came out as "ARNOLD". I've no idea why I felt like stealing him in the first place.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2013, 04:58:00 pm »

Heh, yeah, I messed with the radio so everything came out as "ARNOLD". I've no idea why I felt like stealing him in the first place.

Probably the same set of ultra-waves that made me name myself the Ultimate Overlord of Everything and throw a massive drug- and boozefest.

Also, sorry for the brawl we had, Andrea, but I thought you were out for my blood after you hit me.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2013, 04:59:25 pm »

Is it required to have the Singularity Engine up? So far I'm only activating Solar.

One more thing is RPing as a person who likes to explore (basically go someplace they're not allowed) allowed?
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2013, 05:05:02 pm »

The solars (when fully wired and mostly charged), can power the station. The Singularity is just easier to setup for engineers since its in one place.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2013, 05:11:07 pm »

My policy if looking for maximum efficiency in energy production is to fire the singularity (with full plasma tanks) and turn it off as the SMES approach fully charged, as by then the solars should be wired and operating. Simply wiring the solars may not be enough to ensure sufficient power for the station early on. The singularity should die out after 10 mins or so of no input assuming it was only class.. 3? and can be restarted using spare parts from secure storage if the round actually lasts long enough.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2013, 05:17:24 pm »

Don't you have a "plasma" fire-based engine anymore, or did that get removed at some point? Time was you could power the entire station with a tiny one, as the smaller they were, the more efficient it was (due to engine walls and floors being immune to heat and the way the algorithms for temperature and gas diffusion were written, etc).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 1654