Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117387 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5880 on: May 23, 2013, 11:54:04 am »

If it gets back on soon, I will be showing my brother around(He doesn't have a Bay12 account though...) this station.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: May 23, 2013, 12:06:44 pm »

Another Idea: Ludus Station 13

The Captain is the Editor who runs the games and decides who lives and dies etc. etc.
Other heads are lanista, their gladiators being anyone who reports to them (someone like Geneticist would get to choose)
When not performing their station duties the gladiators are tasked with training. When the Captain decides to have two or more parts of the crew fight for his amusement, he selects a number of items for weaponry the gladiators who will participate must choose from. He also decides what kind of fights occur.
Medics can only perform ghetto surgery, and anyone who dies gets respawned as a creature that will fight in one of the following games.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: May 23, 2013, 12:09:22 pm »

Ludus, for those that don't into Latin, means school or game. In this case it obviously means school, gladiator school, that is. Editor may be a bit out of place, tough.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:11:33 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: May 23, 2013, 12:44:26 pm »

The Captain is the Editor who runs the games and decides who lives and dies etc. etc.
Other heads are lanista, their gladiators being anyone who reports to them (someone like Geneticist would get to choose)
When not performing their station duties the gladiators are tasked with training. When the Captain decides to have two or more parts of the crew fight for his amusement, he selects a number of items for weaponry the gladiators who will participate must choose from. He also decides what kind of fights occur.
Medics can only perform ghetto surgery, and anyone who dies gets respawned as a creature that will fight in one of the following games.

I VOTE YES FOR THIS :D

My dreams of gladiator fights in space will be fed

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: May 23, 2013, 12:56:51 pm »

Ludus, for those that don't into Latin, means school or game. In this case it obviously means school, gladiator school, that is. Editor may be a bit out of place, tough.
Possibly Governor or Emperor, for Roman style.

Also, I support the idea.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: May 23, 2013, 12:59:10 pm »

This should take place entirely within the confines of the singularity's regular home. If you touch the "railings" you will be severely injured. If the Captain gives a thumbs down, a baby singularity will be born. It would be the equivalent of "release the lions."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: May 23, 2013, 01:00:40 pm »

What about the bomb testing range? It's roughly circular, and has plenty of open space without requiring a space/hardsuit, which would mean more mobile combat.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: May 23, 2013, 01:02:04 pm »

I'm pretty sure the bomb range is vacuum. At least, the little entrance maintenance tunnels are.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: May 23, 2013, 01:06:57 pm »

There always is the holodeck.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: May 23, 2013, 01:10:38 pm »

The holodeck isn't much bigger than the boxing ring. But it is capable of summoning fire and carp.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: May 23, 2013, 01:11:15 pm »

Since Vactor's server is still down, and Vespulan isn't here yet, I am going to bring up my server, hoping that it isn't too laggy. ( it is my own PC, rather than a proper serve)

byond://151.63.33.16:7777

( up, for now)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 01:15:15 pm by andrea »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: May 23, 2013, 01:11:41 pm »

The holodeck isn't much bigger than the boxing ring. But it is capable of summoning fire and carp.
Which are both a bad idea for disposing of gladiators because they render it unuseable for a long time.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: May 23, 2013, 01:19:42 pm »

It would be a nice transition into a cooperative match.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: May 23, 2013, 01:32:57 pm »

Which are both a bad idea for disposing of gladiators because they render it unuseable for a long time.

We have plenty of venues for gladiators. Like the AI room.

Murmur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: May 23, 2013, 01:38:23 pm »

Hey guys, since the server is apparently down I'd like to offer my own up for use. Normally it would be an extended server, but I'm not really ready to start all that up yet, so in the meantime I have a server just sitting there unused. It should be set up now for the regular secret mode. Feel free to use it:

byond://homestation13.byondpanel.com:50613
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 1654