Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123808 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5760 on: May 20, 2013, 04:17:51 pm »

Remind me to go look at the code some time, to see if I can implement some of these ideas.

Also, it's probably a good idea to have the head Paladin not be limited to the Chaplain, so that the 'good' side is not heavily handicapped because nobody picked it in their preferences.

Chaplain or Captain. They're the only two 'nonconvertable' crewman on station.

And if no one picks Captain OR Chaplain, you deserve to be screwed over. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: May 20, 2013, 04:18:45 pm »

Also, perhaps only Chaplain would get the powers, but be boosted with followers' help. Contrast!
That could be fun, but would require RPing a 'true believer'. Chaplain baptize crew and cultists do their rituals to convert.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: May 20, 2013, 04:42:54 pm »

I sort of like the idea of RPing a priest selling a distorted version of Khorne worship for one reason above all others. The induction ceremony is to be beaten into crit with the null rod and then thwacked over the head with the holy book. If it heals you, you're accepted as a higher ranking acolyte; if it gives you brain damage, everyone present beats you to death, clones you, and you become a lower-ranking acolyte. It's a completely arbitrary system of determining personal worth, just like real religions!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: May 20, 2013, 04:44:17 pm »

Or, you know, go back to the old thermal engine. The code's already there, a few of us vets remember how to set the thing up, and it's a hell of a lot more reliable than the singularity ever was and ever will be.

You have to feed it constantly and we can't order the giant air canisters. I've played with it in ministation and it requires constant attention.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: May 20, 2013, 04:46:51 pm »

Or, you know, go back to the old thermal engine. The code's already there, a few of us vets remember how to set the thing up, and it's a hell of a lot more reliable than the singularity ever was and ever will be.

You have to feed it constantly and we can't order the giant air canisters. I've played with it in ministation and it requires constant attention.

As opposed to the relatively fire-and-forget nature of the singularity. Yeah, you have to check on it every so often, but that's usually it. Just peek at it, and go back to derping around.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: May 20, 2013, 04:57:09 pm »

As opposed to the relatively fire-and-forget nature of the singularity. Yeah, you have to check on it every so often, but that's usually it. Just peek at it, and go back to derping around.
You do actually need to refill the plasma in it too, otherwise it's just a big ass fancy spinning ball of death.  Really solars are the best I find.
Nom nom nom

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: May 20, 2013, 04:59:17 pm »

Guess the air code has changed, then. Back in ye olde days, you set it up once and it worked forever.
Nothing important here, move along.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: May 20, 2013, 05:19:01 pm »

Guess the air code has changed, then. Back in ye olde days, you set it up once and it worked forever.

Air pressure drops within 30 minutes.

You do actually need to refill the plasma in it too, otherwise it's just a big ass fancy spinning ball of death.  Really solars are the best I find.

Fill the tanks and you're good for at least 2 hours, I think. Baystation12 is where you need to watch it. The one toxins canister could probably keep you going for days. For this server it's very set and forget, but protect.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: May 20, 2013, 06:40:59 pm »

I sort of like the idea of RPing a priest selling a distorted version of Khorne worship for one reason above all others. The induction ceremony is to be beaten into crit with the null rod and then thwacked over the head with the holy book. If it heals you, you're accepted as a higher ranking acolyte; if it gives you brain damage, everyone present beats you to death, clones you, and you become a lower-ranking acolyte. It's a completely arbitrary system of determining personal worth, just like real religions!

Who do I need to bribe to get this to happen?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: May 20, 2013, 06:44:19 pm »

Fill the tanks and you're good for at least 2 hours, I think. Baystation12 is where you need to watch it. The one toxins canister could probably keep you going for days. For this server it's very set and forget, but protect.

BS12 is running off wholly different Atmos code, so...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: May 20, 2013, 07:51:27 pm »

Hey, hi, I'm from tgstation.  (Well I'm from bay12 originally, but I work with the tgstation code project.  I mainly played LLA at first... those were sad times).

I vaguely remember this thread being formed and I'm frankly impressed that it's apparently taken off.  Congratulations!  I haven't read back very far but I hope all is well.

I'm going to selfishly ask some questions out of curiosity.  Are you pulling updates from the tgstation git code?  Where do you stand on the RP-P2W spectrum?

Probably unrelated note: the tgstation servers (separate from the tgstation code project, but still my preferred servers for gaming) have been down for several days.  I apologize for our player base.  We did not vote for them.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: May 20, 2013, 07:56:22 pm »

I know jackshit about the code, since I really don't pay attention to anything like that. But where we stand on the RP-P2W spectrum is sort of...undefined. We say we're a medium RP server, but it seems we're not entirely sure what that means. Different admins have different opinions, but so far we've been fine. Depending on the playerbase during the round, we can have anything from a true medium RP round where it's a lot like /tg/station, or something resembling a more serious RP round. Really depends.

Although I feel bad for the /tg/station community, I can't say I'm not enjoying the occasional extra player migrated over from there to here in its downtime. I really want this server to be able to gain a big consistent population sometime in the near future.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: May 20, 2013, 07:58:39 pm »

I haven't noticed any real change in the rounds since the tg servers have been down. No bother at all, and it's always nice to have more people. Or maybe Hans overshadows everything else when Lillian goes on a rampage.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: May 20, 2013, 08:01:10 pm »

To Rolan, the amount of RPing depends on who is admin.

Donuts: Chaos
Glloyd: (mostly) Order

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: May 20, 2013, 08:10:30 pm »

Some screenshots from last round.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hey, did i win that round? i got shut down so i did not see...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 1654